Westworld (1 Viewer)

Otis

the timeline talk on this thread came about way before delores got stabbed to show she was mechanical. william hadnt got that mean at all, first time i remember him being mean was when he said leave the soldior to die.

the marriage thing is not exactly blatant

2 people have told you the timeline talked ruined the reveal. no need for you to get defensive
Not being so.

I missed the clues myself at first, but if you look on the internet they are all there for everyone to see. The knife was about episode 6 wasn't it and the grey shirt either 6 or 7.

They both picked up the can for Delores too, very early on and tipped their hat towards her in the exact same manner.

Not being defensive.

Would say the best thing to do, which I do with Walking Dead is to not come onto the thread until after you have watched the episode.

Skybluejelly always seemingly watches TWD before it is aired here and he always comments on the epsiode before most people have seen it. I therefore avoid the TWD thread until Tuesday.

On Westworld I would say there's an awful lot hidden behind spoiler banners too.

Otis

Looking back through here, I would say though that there are posts that SHOULD have been put in spoilers and weren't.

Apologies if any of my posts spoilt it for people.

Pipehitterz

Looking back through here, I would say though that there are posts that SHOULD have been put in spoilers and weren't.

Apologies if any of my posts spoilt it for people.
I wasn't overly fussed by the mention of timellines I think the post was just mentioning a Fans theory and not exactly your thoughts at the time.
I wasn't moaning at you, just a cheeky jab to the ribs.
People watch things in different ways, I like to be shocked so I don't try and Work stuff out along the way, my Mum tho, she blarted the twist of sixth sense, about half way through it, in a packed cinema, a few people TutTed.

covcity4life

yes the clues are there,for the viewer to put together

i never got that chance because the theory was spelled out for me early on

its n o ones fault. yes it could have been spoiler tagged but i should have stayed away from this thread fullstop in hindsight not just till i had seen an weekly episode.

its no biggie anyway.

whats next for everyone? i am finishing marco polo s2 on netflix and then i will start flash,arrow,sueprgirl etc and the other comic tv shows, i always let 7 or 8 episodes record first as i hate their mid season breaks over xmass till februay

Otis

I wasn't overly fussed by the mention of timellines I think the post was just mentioning a Fans theory and not exactly your thoughts at the time.
I wasn't moaning at you, just a cheeky jab to the ribs.
People watch things in different ways, I like to be shocked so I don't try and Work stuff out along the way, my Mum tho, she blarted the twist of sixth sense, about half way through it, in a packed cinema, a few people TutTed.
I got the Sixth Sense twist. Think that was based on the fact though that people said there WAS a twist, so I was looking for it.

I clicked the minute the kid said 'I see dead people' to Bruce Willis. My immediate thought was 'Maybe you are looking at one right now then.'

I missed loads on Westworld, but spotted the clues there when they were laid out. Problem was that I went on the net because I was a bit confused by some things and sought clarification.

Hard to miss the clues and theories there, so maybe I should have known better.

Pipehitterz

I got the Sixth Sense twist. Think that was based on the fact though that people said there WAS a twist, so I was looking for it.

I clicked the minute the kid said 'I see dead people' to Bruce Willis. My immediate thought was 'Maybe you are looking at one right now then.'
Good job you're using your newly learnt tact and adding spoilers to your posts
You know, just in case like

Otis

yes the clues are there,for the viewer to put together

i never got that chance because the theory was spelled out for me early on

its n o ones fault. yes it could have been spoiler tagged but i should have stayed away from this thread fullstop in hindsight not just till i had seen an weekly episode.

its no biggie anyway.

whats next for everyone? i am finishing marco polo s2 on netflix and then i will start flash,arrow,sueprgirl etc and the other comic tv shows, i always let 7 or 8 episodes record first as i hate their mid season breaks over xmass till februay
The Man in the High Castle season 2 is released on the 16th December if you are interested.

dutchman

The Man in the High Castle season 2 is released on the 16th December if you are interested.
Because the first season wasn't bad enough? Do people really believe the Japanese invented colour television? Would it have killed the producers to include at least one Opel Blitz truck in a German occupied America?

Otis

Because the first season wasn't bad enough? Do people really believe the Japanese invented colour television? Would it have killed the producers to include at least one Opel Blitz truck in a German occupied America?
I like it. Not as much as the critics, but I still found it fun.

8/10 on IMDB and 95% on Rotten Tomatoes

dutchman

I gave up after five episodes, I stopped caring what happened to any of the characters after that.

Oddly enough the fifth episode is often the point where I decide whether I'll continue watching a new series or not.

Otis

I gave up after five episodes, I stopped caring what happened to any of the characters after that.

Oddly enough the fifth episode is often the point where I decide whether I'll continue watching a new series or not.
I stuck with it. It did wobble a bit. Thought the ending was entirely unsatisfactory though.
Rather weird and a bit ridiculous to be honest. Spoilt it for me.

covcity4life

it had some good episodes and some boring. 5.5/10

i will however watch season 2

forgot humans s2 had started. downloading them all from demand now

RegTheDonk

Watched it last night, great ending.
Still a bit confused but they seemed to join most of the dots and you finally got to find out what the maze was all about. Very cryptic and deep, but it was a logical explanation - how would you not find a physical maze after 30 years of searching! Even though we all knew there were multiple time lines, the MIB/William big reveal was well done.

Only criticism was the flashbacks/timelines got confusing for me. I hope the second series takes it more linear. If the story and characters are strong, you don't need all the high brow stuff Agatha Christie stuff to try and keep the audience hooked.

Case in point Mave's story - OK, there was a bit about when she was in a different part of Westworld with a kid, but it was mainly about how she was evolving, questioning her environment, realising what was going on, and how she reacted to it. Fairly clear and concise, dummy me could follow that easy. Delores was all over the place and while I think I got it, trying to work it out to such a degree was a headache. I for one am grateful of the spoilers and links that Otis, Dutch and others put in. It helped with the ah...thats clever.

All in all though, very entertaining and will look foward to the next season....which will be interesting to see how they find a way to do it: Delores has just started gunning down guests; MiB looks like a whole army is coming for him; god knows how may armed guards have been taken out by Mave's Muscle; REAL people are being mowed down left right and centre. Surely the government will just nuke the park!!!

olderskyblue

I clicked the minute the kid said 'I see dead people' to Bruce Willis. My immediate thought was 'Maybe you are looking at one right now then.

Sixth sense?? Is that film worth watching?? ......

Otis

Yeah I thought the same
Interesting slant though on the Maeve thing, that some are saying .....
The shut down of Maeve's story was by her own implementation. Could well be true.

I believed it was Ford ending the arc in having her get back off the train, but if we accept the premise that Maeve actually WAS going back for her daughter, it could well be that it was Maeve wielding her power in shutting the whole thing down and NOT following the narrative.

Interesting. Not so sure now.

covcity4life

Interesting slant though on the Maeve thing, that some are saying .....
The shut down of Maeve's story was by her own implementation. Could well be true.

I believed it was Ford ending the arc in having her get back off the train, but if we accept the premise that Maeve actually WAS going back for her daughter, it could well be that it was Maeve wielding her power in shutting the whole thing down and NOT following the narrative.

Interesting. Not so sure now.

first thing i thought was that ford had planted the mother and child as part of maeves storyline.

Otis

Yeah, me too. T
first thing i thought was that ford had planted the mother and child as part of maeves storyline.

Yeah, me too. pulling at the hearstrings as part of the narrative.

Still think it was all Ford rather than Maeve though, despite this thought of some people.

Ian1779

But didn't Maeve's awakening awaken others? Wasn't that the kind of point?

And I think the fact that her trail to freedom was also in fact in itself a story, just showed how much power Ford held and what a master puppeteer he was.

As for the William thing, there were massive clues there anyway. The shirt, the knife, the hosts being mechanical and not 'flesh,' proving that the time period was much earlier, William starting to get meaner as the episodes played out and moved on, MIB saying he had been married 30 years and William saying he was just about to get married, the things that MIB was saying etc. It was all there.

I feel like I'm at a completely different point to others on this...

Who was the first of the hosts to become sentient? Was it Delores or was it Maeve? Arnold 'appears' to be the one that discovered it and wanted Dolores to put an end to it before the park opened... so why would he want to kill all the others (which in theory would have included Maeve) if it meant essentially killing a being that was 'human' - we're led to believe that it was this conflict that led to the death of Arnold at Ford's hands.

I still feel that Ford's motives haven't been properly discovered... it was left with the hosts killing the humans, but why? Was it for revenge, was he disgusted with what the human race had become, was he just another host being controlled by a yet unknown figure... (maybe Arnold isn't dead after all)

I also wonder about Maeve on the train.... It was almost too obvious she wouldn't leave.

Otis

I feel like I'm at a completely different point to others on this...

Who was the first of the hosts to become sentient? Was it Delores or was it Maeve? Arnold 'appears' to be the one that discovered it and wanted Dolores to put an end to it before the park opened... so why would he want to kill all the others (which in theory would have included Maeve) if it meant essentially killing a being that was 'human' - we're led to believe that it was this conflict that led to the death of Arnold at Ford's hands.

I still feel that Ford's motives haven't been properly discovered... it was left with the hosts killing the humans, but why? Was it for revenge, was he disgusted with what the human race had become, was he just another host being controlled by a yet unknown figure... (maybe Arnold isn't dead after all)

I also wonder about Maeve on the train.... It was almost too obvious she wouldn't leave.

Wasn't Ford's motive that they were going to take back control of the park and reset the hosts to a simpler, more controllable model?

I thought Delores was the first sentient. That's the way I read it anyway.

Ian1779

Wasn't Ford's motive that they were going to take back control of the park and reset the hosts to a simpler, more controllable model?

I thought Delores was the first sentient. That's the way I read it anyway.

I believe it was her also. Just seen some theories that it was Maeve, which I don't buy. Also think the Ford thing is more complex than it looks... I don't think that's the last we've seen of him.

Otis

I believe it was her also. Just seen some theories that it was Maeve, which I don't buy. Also think the Ford thing is more complex than it looks... I don't think that's the last we've seen of him.
I think he may have been making himself in his hidden laboratory!!

Pipehitterz

Every answer in the finale ask more questions.
It was so clearly written that just from a couple off shoots you can Make a series each from them.
I'm expecting this to be a very very Long burner, definitely in a lost style, not for everyone for sure, but they're wrong.
I would expect at least 7 series or more

Otis

Every answer in the finale ask more questions.
It was so clearly written that just from a couple off shoots you can Make a series each from them.
I'm expecting this to be a very very Long burner, definitely in a lost style, not for everyone for sure, but they're wrong.
I would expect at least 7 series or more
They plan 5, so we'll have to wait and see. With the different worlds they can easily have complete storylines within each different world.

It's a bit like GOT with the different kingdoms opening up new storylines and bringing in completely new characters.

Pipehitterz

Just had a thought

Spoilers

If Ford has made himself a robot.
What if it's his robot we see killed and the real Ford can Fuck off to ' behind the door ' , like possibly where the real Arnold may be too?

Otis

Just had a thought

Spoilers

If Ford has made himself a robot.
What if it's his robot we see killed and the real Ford can Fuck off to ' behind the door ' , like possibly where the real Arnold may be too?
Ooh, nice theory. Like it.

Yeah, that would work a treat.

Everyone thinks Ford is dead and when they see the new Ford they will believe he is controllable and reprogrammable.

He will of course play along..... for a while.

This is my new favourite theory. :)

Users who are viewing this thread