Westworld (1 Viewer)

Great_Expectations

Just started watching this, currently on episode 5. Still not sure what I make of it yet.

Not as gripping as some of the other shows I’ve watched recently, but I’m not giving up yet.

I think it partly relates to a lack of “connection” with any of the characters.

Ian1779

Just started watching this, currently on episode 5. Still not sure what I make of it yet.

Not as gripping as some of the other shows I’ve watched recently, but I’m not giving up yet.

I think it partly relates to a lack of “connection” with any of the characters.

Stick with it... it's worth the effort.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Really enjoyed this series

I must say sky Atlantic/HBO produce some stunning television

Last edited:

chiefdave

Sky have confirmed it will air here at the same time as it does in the States. So that will be in the early hours of the morning with, I'd assume, a prime time repeat.

Otis

Well, the first few episodes have been made available to critics and the first reviews are in.

Word is that season 2 is a different animal, but better than the first season.

Won't give anything away.

Not long now til it's unleashed upon the public.

Philosorapter

Season 2, Episode 1. Absolute work of art. Would recommend, half-way through it at the moment.

Otis

Season 2, Episode 1. Absolute work of art. Would recommend, half-way through it at the moment.
Wasn't over enamoured myself, but did accept they had a lot of explaining to do and to introduce new characters etc.

I am a massive fan, but, for me it didn't reach the peaks of some of last season.

I heard some ridiculous review on 5Live yesterday where this critic didn't like the episode at all and was quite critical of the show in general.

Only trouble was, she hadn't seen the first season at all!! Just how daft is that?

I would say you have to watch the first season in order to watch the second.

Grendel

I’ve never seen it

Otis

I’ve never seen it
What sort of TV do you like?

This is a sci-fi obviously, but set in old wild west world. Quite complex at times and full of riddles, thought-provoking and deals with different timelines, which does confuse some people, but Anthony Hopkins, Thandie Newton and Evan Rachel-Wood are especially brilliant in it. Hard to know who is real and who is not.

I have recommended it to two friends and one was blown away by it and another just couldn't get into it at all.

On the whole it has great reviews. I have always liked Michael Crichton though anyway and really liked the original movie with Yul Brynner from 1973.

RegTheDonk

Enjoyed it - good to see Delorias is "waking up" to the situation. Didn't like the English brat guy but he's getting decent comedy value now, trying to sell Mauve out was funny. And Ed Harris, little smile and glint in his eye now the game has got real.
Season 1 was a bit hard to follow with the maze, the two timelines etc., but so far this is easy enough.

Otis

Enjoyed it - good to see Delorias is "waking up" to the situation. Didn't like the English brat guy but he's getting decent comedy value now, trying to sell Mauve out was funny. And Ed Harris, little smile and glint in his eye now the game has got real.
Season 1 was a bit hard to follow with the maze, the two timelines etc., but so far this is easy enough.
Yeah, except for Teddy is going round with Delores killing people, but his body is also floating dead in the water. Two timelines going on there for sure.

Grendel

What sort of TV do you like?

This is a sci-fi obviously, but set in old wild west world. Quite complex at times and full of riddles, thought-provoking and deals with different timelines, which does confuse some people, but Anthony Hopkins, Thandie Newton and Evan Rachel-Wood are especially brilliant in it. Hard to know who is real and who is not.

I have recommended it to two friends and one was blown away by it and another just couldn't get into it at all.

On the whole it has great reviews. I have always liked Michael Crichton though anyway and really liked the original movie with Yul Brynner from 1973.

I watch plenty of TV I guess but can’t say I get drawn into much of this box set stuff.

The only ones I do are the Scandinavia crime series’ and on Atlantic The Tunnel which is of course worked off the same Scandinavia drama.

Don’t really like Sci Fi - I’ve seen the original film plenty of times.

Otis

I watch plenty of TV I guess but can’t say I get drawn into much of this box set stuff.

The only ones I do are the Scandinavia crime series’ and on Atlantic The Tunnel which is of course worked off the same Scandinavia drama.

Don’t really like Sci Fi - I’ve seen the original film plenty of times.
is the Tunnel worth seeing? The US/UK version I mean, not the original.

Grendel

Otis

The Tunnel is 3 series the first of which is a direct copy of the bridge 1. Second isn’t but still loosely is similar and have 3rd is the best and is unique with a surprising ending. The last 20 minutes is self indulgent but it earned that

Also:

The final series of The Bridge will move to BBC2 in 2018
I actually watched the first 20 mins or so and it did look interesting, but then for some reason I failed to revisit it,

May give it a whirl.

Grendel

I actually watched the first 20 mins or so and it did look interesting, but then for some reason I failed to revisit it,

May give it a whirl.

It was a bit unfortunate as the Atlantic crew decided to do a copy of the bridge for uk viewers. Then BBC showed the original before it was released so to me series 1 was wierd.

The two main characters act it very well and you warm to them. It gets better as it goes on.

RegTheDonk

Yeah, except for Teddy is going round with Delores killing people, but his body is also floating dead in the water. Two timelines going on there for sure.
When did he get bumped off? Was that in the older timeline? He's been "killed" before (in Episode 1) so I assume he's been repaired.
Otis, you're bending my mind!!

Users who are viewing this thread