What a bunch of c**** at Sunderland (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomMoran

It does,nt bother me either way ,but gives a clue to their nature when they'd rather lambast us than empathise with a team on their doorstep going out of business

like you guys did with Nuneaton Borough when they went bust of course ........

TomMoran

Very sorry to offend you, but as many of my family are passionate Newcastle fans I couldnt pass up on a bit of tossing you the bone, so you bit. I think the inferiority complex lies in your backyard.

Your'e right you havent mentioned our local rivals, but then our fans dont rant and rave about a far off midlands club like rabid dogs, wishing for the death of the club.

As one poster said its just banter, but then personally unlike some sundreland fans I wouldnt wish for any clubs demise, but then some will go lower than others.

Yes our owners may pull the plug, but then another may just well walk in. Think yourself lucky that your'e owner continues to bankroll you, because one day he might just walk away and leave you in the financial mire as well.

I live in Coventry my friend, so I'm fairly well placed to observe CCFC fortunes/misfortunes. And whilst some of my fellow SAFC supporters have stated they'd like to see CCFC go bust have I ? Not at all.... I wouldn't wish any clubs demise at all - we all know what football means to us and the communities, but of course, there are idiots following all teams, sat behind computer screens typing out foolhardy statements

rob9872

People on this thread have actually brought me round to Sunderlands way of thinking. I don't give a shit if we cheated them out of staying up or whatever they can go fuck themselves. But I hate Liverpool for keeping us out of Europe the murdering wankers (although their karma has already come and gone) and as a Scotland fan I hate england. And I'd happily wish for teams like villa and celtic to go bust and never come back. A lot of you are being way over sensitive about the whole thing, Sunderland can go and build a fucking Jimmy Hill bonfire for all I care.

In what way do you believe Liverpool had their karma? Please don't say Hilsborough? Yes they were out of order at Heysel but do you really think they deserved that? If so then it says a lot more about you .. or are you so dillusional that you think it was the same 96 fans who were responsible for Heysel. You sad little man I'm embarrassed you support MY team.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

But Tom, dear chap, Bristol, according to that commentary, appear more culpable than us. Their fans slowed the entrance and thus caused the delayed kick off, we did our bit by scoring 2 goals to help you out, and even their player admits that after the score was known, they let us keep the ball. They seem far more guilty.

The score came up on the scoreboard, okay, but 'wirelesses' existed you know. A player could have gone down and the physio come on and told everyone.

But people wishing Hill dead? After all this time? Bleeding hell. Do you still dunk witches?

rob9872

Also why do you hate England just because you're Scottish? That makes no sense. Hate is such a strong word but to me you're no more important as a rival than Ireland, Wales, France, Germany or Argentina. Still you have your bitter little world.

procdoc

Scottish people suffer with inferioty complexes, they are all bitter, jealous twats. I've never met a Scottish person I've liked

torchomatic

I was there too. I was 11. Even though I'd been going for a good five years by that point this was the first game I actually remember quite clearly. I remember we standing at the bottom of the main stand mingling with Bristol City fans. I also remember the last few minutes of the match which were played at a snail's pace.

And, best of all, we stopped at the Bowling Green in Southam where me Dad bought me a bottle of coke and a packet of S&V crisps to celebrate!

I was there too. The match was delayed on police advice as there were still a stack load of fans who were yet to get to and into the ground.

I stood under the scoreboard so didn't see the score being flashed up. I was totally stunned that the game just ground to a halt with no tackles, no harrying, no shots, just passes backwards and forwards and around in triangles.

In the spirit of the game this was wrong. However, Sunderland lost their game. That was not CCFC's fault. Nor was it Jimmy Hill's. The game was delayed by the police. That was nothing to do with Jimmy Hill.

Yes, both teams played out the game for a draw and it was something I was not comfortable with. But, I think you will find that it is now 2012, not 1977.

Both teams played out for the draw, so how come only CCFC get the vitriol? Jimmy Hill did not delay the game, the police did. All he arranged to do was to have the score of the Sunderland game displayed on the scoreboard. Had he not done that, do you not think word would have come from the bench of the Sunderland score? Ridiculous to believe that the only way the players would have known would have been via the scoreboard. Word would have come from the bench. Both managers and teams agreed to see the match peter out into a draw. Jimmy Hill was not the manager.

This has now all turned into an urban legend. Maybe you lot all still hate all Germans because of World War II. :(:thinking about::facepalm:

Move on for pity's sake.

Changeyourface

I meant Liverpool Football Club in general not the specific 96 people. And I don't hate the country I hate the football team cause we're rivals? The same way we hate Villa, or the same way England hate Germany even though Germany aren't too fussed about England, does that make every England fan bitter? Or every Coventry fan bitter and jealous for that matter?

rob9872

Well I don't hate Germany and I don't hate Villa but perhaps I'm the odd one out. You havent explained - in what way did Liverpool get their "karma"?

Changeyourface

The fans of Liverpool Football Club murdered Juve fans in Heysel 85, they then went on to assist in the deaths of 96 of their own in 89. Whilst it's not very nice it's basically the whole meaning of karma, you do something bad, something bad then happens to you. And I think the majority of people who support a football team would say they hate at least one of their rivals so yes, you probably are the odd one out.

Nonleagueherewecome

I meant Liverpool Football Club in general not the specific 96 people. And I don't hate the country I hate the football team cause we're rivals? The same way we hate Villa, or the same way England hate Germany even though Germany aren't too fussed about England, does that make every England fan bitter? Or every Coventry fan bitter and jealous for that matter?

Meh, I'm mostly English and I kinda hate the England football team. It was much more enjoyable supporting Japan last WC; a side that plays above their potential with an attractive, passing game.

I've also been toying with the idea of emigrating to Scotland if they ever gain independence for the past 10 years. Per-capita, they seem to be sounder people, in my experience. And they have quality words like "pish". But mainly because it has more panda bears than Tory MP's!

rob9872

If me not thinking that because one fan murders another then someone else who supports the club deserves to die makes me the odd one out then I'm happy to be so.

Do you think beofre you actaully type that bollocks? Heaven forbid you should actually believe in some way you can justify it. Would you feel the same if a load of bellend City fans (and we have plenty) caused mayhem and deaths at another ground that it would be ok if your son/daughter dies 10 years later in a separate incident because they probably deserved it based on previous incidents? You see how silly that sounds? God I wonder how some people manage to dress themselves of a morning.

dadgad

TWO POINTS:
The relationship between Dicks and Hill went back a long long way.........neither wanted to see the other go down.
Maybe if more Wunderland fans had bothered to turn up the match at Goodison might have been delayed too.

rob9872

Meh, I'm mostly English and I kinda hate the England football team. It was much more enjoyable supporting Japan last WC; a side that plays above their potential with an attractive, passing game.

I've also been toying with the idea of emigrating to Scotland if they ever gain independence for the past 10 years. Per-capita, they seem to be sounder people, in my experience. And they have quality words like "pish". But mainly because it has more panda bears than Tory MP's!

If Scotland gain independence it won't be nearly as pretty. No investment as they will need to take their share of the debt and pay a proportion of the armed services etc whilst having no real income stream apart from some almost empty oil. If it was financially viable for them to have become independent it wouyld have happened some years ago.

Nonleagueherewecome

If me not thinking that because one fan murders another then someone else who supports the club deserves to die makes me the odd one out then I'm happy to be so..

You'd have to be one Evil Buddhist!

Changeyourface

If me not thinking that because one fan murders another then someone else who supports the club deserves to die makes me the odd one out then I'm happy to be so.

Do you think beofre you actaully type that bollocks? Heaven forbid you should actually believe in some way you can justify it. Would you feel the same if a load of bellend City fans (and we have plenty) caused mayhem and deaths at another ground that it would be ok if your son/daughter dies 10 years later in a separate incident because they probably deserved it based on previous incidents? You see how silly that sounds? God I wonder how some people manage to dress themselves of a morning.

Aww sorry to upset you so, I was making a generalisation in all fairness but I really couldn't care less. They murdered the Italians in 85 they killed their own in 89 and they stopped us getting to Europe so fuck 'um.

Nonleagueherewecome

Ha, dicks...

rob9872

I'm only upset at your ignorance

Sutty

The fans of Liverpool Football Club murdered Juve fans in Heysel 85, they then went on to assist in the deaths of 96 of their own in 89. Whilst it's not very nice it's basically the whole meaning of karma, you do something bad, something bad then happens to you. And I think the majority of people who support a football team would say they hate at least one of their rivals so yes, you probably are the odd one out.

Unbelievable. No-one deserves to go to a football match and not come back. Whether it's caused by badly-designed stadia, idiot fans or anything else, someone dying at the football is always a tragedy.

Can't believe anyone would seriously view the Hillsbrough disaster as some form of comeuppance.

Nonleagueherewecome

If Scotland gain independence it won't be nearly as pretty. No investment as they will need to take their share of the debt and pay a proportion of the armed services etc whilst having no real income stream apart from some almost empty oil. If it was financially viable for them to have become independent it wouyld have happened some years ago.

I dunno, I'd just go and live by a glen or something. It'd be nice. No Tories :)

Nonleagueherewecome

Unbelievable. No-one deserves to go to a football match and not come back. Whether it's caused by badly-designed stadia, idiot fans or anything else, someone dying at the football is always a tragedy.

Can't believe anyone would seriously view the Hillsbrough disaster as some form of comeuppance.

Well, aside from The Sun, maybe.

wingy

Was it murder or the failure of FIFA ,staging a final in a decrepit stadium with inadequate segregation facilities that lead to those deaths ,pretty much the same criteria that lead to the 96 Liverpool souls perishing ,and having experienced it two seasons earlier ,it couldhave been 96 coventry souls but for fortune or fate.

Changeyourface

And this is why we have 24 pages of whinging because a few ugly northeners had a pop at Jimmy Hill, some people are just waaay to easy to get a rise out of.

Sutty

Was it murder or the failure of FIFA ,staging a final in a decrepit stadium with inadequate segregation facilities that lead to those deaths ,pretty much the same criteria that lead to the 96 Liverpool souls perishing ,and having experienced it two seasons earlier ,it couldhave been 96 coventry souls but for fortune or fate.

A combination of things from what I've read.

Inadequate facilities + idiots = tragedy

EDIT: Heysel I'm referring to.

Changeyourface

No it was definatly murder, the scousers didn't charge the Italian fans as a protest against the poorly desigined stadium

Nonleagueherewecome

I've quite enjoyed this thread once it stopped being about Sunderland. But 25 pages is waaaay too much. And it's off-topic now, so should maybe be closed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread