What an embarrassment!! (1 Viewer)

oscillatewildly

Don't know what to say, I am in shock after watching that !!
I wasn't there or even tuned in to it - brief updates on BBC sport page on phone but after arriving home from work barely half an hour ago I think I share your shock.
It was only this morning I stopped shaking my head after Accrington.

fatso

Can someone explain to me how we have keepers making mistakes, a keeper who has been constantly useless at kicking a ball for about 3 years but no questions ever get asked of the goalkeeping coach..
Trust me, oggy knows the keepers are very limited, but the money has been spent elsewhere in the squad.
All oggy can do is try and polish a turd!

Greggs

Trust me, oggy knows the keepers are very limited, but the money has been spent elsewhere in the squad.
All oggy can do is try and polish a turd!

And get shit faced down the Open Arms every night!

Irish Sky Blue

Agreed, and he’s about on budget at the moment isn’t he ?
It's true. Fisher said at the Trust meeting we would have a top eight budget so at the moment Robins is achieving the position that his budget is dictating. It could therefore be said that for most of this season he has over achieved.
Interesting to see the knives already starting to come out for Robins. Another manager, good and honest in my opinion, about to be added to the list of Sisu "failures"?
Also interesting to note the comments made that any failure will all be down to Robins and his misuse of the budget, no one else, already distancing Tim and the gang from any blame.

Nick

Administrator
It's true. Fisher said at the Trust meeting we would have a top eight budget so at the moment Robins is achieving the position that his budget is dictating. It could therefore be said that for most of this season he has over achieved.
Interesting to see the knives already starting to come out for Robins. Another manager, good and honest in my opinion, about to be added to the list of Sisu "failures"?
Also interesting to note the comments made that any failure will all be down to Robins and his misuse of the budget, no one else, already distancing Tim and the gang from any blame.

Do you think we have a worse squad / set of players / budget than Forest Green? At what point can managers be blamed for playing 2 defensive midfielders while we are chasing a game at 1-0 down?

Nick

Administrator
Or just sling in whipsy ones from 25 yards out?

People raving about Jones and Nazon tonight, should just shoot whenever and whereever without a worry of how shit it is or how many players there are around you and he will fit in fine.

Greggs

People raving about Jones and Nazon tonight, should just shoot whenever and whereever without a worry of how shit it is or how many players there are around you and he will fit in fine.
yh dog shit pal

martcov

Sounds awfully depressing. Glad I’m not watching this :-(. Saw Leipzig beat Porto 3:2. Great game. Porto were in sky blue and lost. Used to the Sky Blues losing unfortunately.

Londonccfcfan

I just got in! at least you all haven’t travelled 200 mile round trip to watch that toothless display upfront.

Totally shell shocked.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I wasn't there tonight, (I weren't travelling up from the IoW!) and I too, feel the embarrassment that is CCFC at the moment. I used to be quite proud of telling the locals I was a City supporter but for the last couple of seasons I've kept quiet! I know we're a 4th division outfit now, but for cryin' out loud, Accrington Stanley and then Forest Green??? C'mon!! This REALLY bad! It's no use shouting about the manager, because as someone else says, who the hell would we get in? It's the owners of the club, Sisu, that need to be moaned at! We drastically need someone, a billionaire or a consortium to buy us out and pour big money into the club, coz lets face it, the support is always going to be there, so that will never be an issue.

Nick

Administrator
I wasn't there tonight, (I weren't travelling up from the IoW!) and I too, feel the embarrassment that is CCFC at the moment. I used to be quite proud of telling the locals I was a City supporter but for the last couple of seasons I've kept quiet! I know we're a 4th division outfit now, but for cryin' out loud, Accrington Stanley and then Forest Green??? C'mon!! This REALLY bad! It's no use shouting about the manager, because as someone else says, who the hell would we get in? It's the owners of the club, Sisu, that need to be moaned at! We drastically need someone, a billionaire or a consortium to buy us out and pour big money into the club, coz lets face it, the support is always going to be there, so that will never be an issue.

Of course there is use shouting about the manager, that's the thing. No disrespect you weren't there like a lot of people who will be saying the manager can't be blamed.

This year Robins has no excuses, there's no way to hide behind anything else.

Greggs

Stopped reading after the first 4 words...

singers_pore

That's more like it. Don't think I have ever heard a manager say in October that he won't be able to bring players in, in January. There is always the option to wheel and deal.

Yes, and we know what kind of wheeling and dealing we always do under SISU. Sell off the best player (Jody Jones) and then bring in 2-3 crud players on 6 month contracts. Woo hoo. I am so fucking excited.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Anyway, if it's any consolation, my local team, Newport (IW) are second from bottom in league 9, having lost game after game! New manager signed today though! Former Millwall and Charlton player Mike Kelly so hopefully things will turn round down here.

singers_pore

I haven't seen anyone raving about Jones and Nazon tonight. The two of them were less effective than normal but, despite that, they were still MUCH better than McNulty and Biamou. McNulty looks over weight and disinterested while Biamou is just not good enough.

singers_pore

no he didn't, he said there is no point talking about transfers as we can't bring anyone in atm i.e we're outside of the transfer window

He did not say anything about bringing people in during January. Instead he said "We have to manage with the players we have got in the building." That's a strange thing to say if you are looking to improve the squad in the next window.

chiefdave

I know we're a 4th division outfit now, but for cryin' out loud, Accrington Stanley and then Forest Green???
Said the same to someone earlier. We're in the division we are for a reason but that doesn't excuse losing to Accrington Stanley and Forest Green Rovers in a few days. Accrington I could just about take, at least they're at the right end of the table, but tonight was embarrassing. The performance as much as the result. Not like we're all sat here saying we were desperately unlucky.

Londonccfcfan

There is no budget argument at all this year, this is all Robins and the players.

Agreed cannot blame the budget. From what I can see only two clubs have a bigger budget than us, that’s Mansfield and Luton.

The confidence in the strikers and even Jones looks shot to pieces.

Nick

Administrator
Agreed cannot blame the budget. From what I can see only two clubs have a bigger budget than us, that’s Mansfield and Luton.

The confidence in the strikers and even Jones looks shot to pieces.

If we had lost to Luton tonight I could understand the "they have better players" argument, but do Forest Green have a better set of players?

At what point are we allowed to question the system we are trying to play that clearly isn't working and some of the strange decisions Robins makes?

Voice_of_Reason

Went tonight for the first time in three seasons having been a season ticket holder up till then. What I saw tonight was a load of garbage and it’ll be another few years till I go again. Absolute dross.

Users who are viewing this thread