What are our squads current wages? (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

I'm just thinking from this, that it will probably be easy to see what our first team (likely to be in League One) will be.

With our lack of decent turnover and the financial fair play rules we could be looking at a dire first team, something like this even:

Dunn,
Clarke, Cameron, McPake, Hussey
Christie, Thomas, Bigi, Baker
ROD, Platt

Oh dear...........

dongonzalos

I'm just thinking from this, that it will probably be easy to see what our first team (likely to be in League One) will be.

With our lack of decent turnover and the financial fair play rules we could be looking at a dire first team, something like this even:

Dunn,
ROD, Platt

Oh dear...........

I think sheffs new contratc would have been given with a view to league one football

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
think FFP rules for 2012/13 League 1 will be based on year to 31/05/2012 turnover figures so turnover wont be quite so dire.

Dunn,
ROD, Platt

say that lot averaged out at around £3k each per week that would come to £1.7m - if thats 70% of turnover then that makes a turnover of £2.4m. I know thats not a full squad, i know better players cost more etc but there is room to do things. Say turnover this year was £6m in year to 31/05/12 thats a player budget of £4.2m in division 1 (if relegated) next year. Not massive no but I bet a few teams in that division would like it.

only other assumption I am making is that the wages restriction only applies to players wages not all wages.

Its not great but it is workable with good contacts and scouting.

SkyBlueScottie

Cant see anybody making a move for Murphy, he also seems the loyal type and stayed with Scunthorpe when they were relegated. ROD on scottish form and previous for Hartlepool might well be good enough to get a decent amount of goals, Cameron is miles above league 1 standard if he reaches the same levels of performance which he did against KIng and in in his 1st stretch of games in the 1st team. McPake i think will end up staying in Scotland.

Baker has form in this league and Bigi and Chrisitie will also be ok.

ccfcway

Dunn,
ROD, Platt

Oh dear...........

IF, and its a BIG IF, Mcpake could stay fit, thats a decent defence
Midfeield will include Bell, Baker, Deegan and McSheff as no-one will want them,
Platt will be a handful and ROD scored 9 in 15 at that level before he joined us, so could be a 15 goal a season scorer.

Its not going to walk division 1, but it should be enough to avoid relegation

mark82

IF, and its a BIG IF, Mcpake could stay fit, thats a decent defence
Midfeield will include Bell, Baker, Deegan and McSheff as no-one will want them,
Platt will be a handful and ROD scored 9 in 15 at that level before he joined us, so could be a 15 goal a season scorer.

Its not going to walk division 1, but it should be enough to avoid relegation

Top half at least. Would expect to push playoffs but maybe not automatic.

J

Jack Griffin

This is all very introspective, in league one they will be able to bring in some players, very likely young players who will see CCFC as a big step up from ...ermm Scunthorpe or Wycombe for instance. Even though the budget will be smaller there should be a little money to work with as most of the big earners will be off the wage bill (horse trader Fredy in particular).

Users who are viewing this thread