What are you currently listening to? (3 Viewers)

Captain Dart

This was tweeted by someone the other day, a bit punky, nevertheless I rather liked it.
May look into Devo stuff next time I get a few CD's

Otis

I saw them live at Coventry Theatre.

Only problem is they were too loud and I mean painful to the ears loud.

Really was an unpleasant experience. Spent the whole concert with my hands over my ears and my ears bloody hurting.

And was half way back.

Shame. A very good band.

Pipehitterz

I saw them live at Coventry Theatre.

Only problem is they were too loud and I mean painful to the ears loud.

Really was an unpleasant experience. Spent the whole concert with my hands over my ears and my ears bloody hurting.

And was half way back.

Shame. A very good band.
Why the hell do bands to that
It hurts man.

I once saw Rodney p, a classic uk hip hop artist , and my ears where bleeding

Otis

Why the hell do bands to that
It hurts man.

I once saw Rodney p, a classic uk hip hop artist , and my ears where bleeding
Yep, it spoils the experience. Such a shame.

It actually makes the songs painful to listen to and on this occasion I couldn't clearly define the individual instruments, it was just one big mush of incredibly deafening noise.

mrtrench

This was tweeted by someone the other day, a bit punky, nevertheless I rather liked it.
May look into Devo stuff next time I get a few CD's

I don't recognise this track - it certainly wasn't on the original "Are We Not Men" track list. Check out their cover of Satisfaction.

Otis

I don't recognise this track - it certainly wasn't on the original "Are We Not Men" track list. Check out their cover of Satisfaction.

I had Gut Feeling. Think it was a either a B side to a single, or on an EP.

Love that band. Satisfaction is a really quirky take on the Stones classic.

What other records are great, but incredibly different versions of original songs?

All Along the Watchtower, XTC?

Anyone heard the Flaming Lips version of Kylie Minogue's Can't Get You Out of My Head?

mrtrench

All along the watchtower by xtc and foxy lady by the cure were my first introduction to Hendrix.

Red John

Everything by guns n roses, a bit of Metallica, iron maiden and black sabbath live....and probably annoying the shit out of everyone else on the ward I'm on....I do like it loud even through my headphones!!

dutchman

This is another 1960s guitar instrumental that did my head in trying to remember the title. I mean there's nothing in the tune to make you think it's called "The Cruel Sea". Great tune, stupid title.

Gazolba

Little known gem by Traffic:

Captain Dart

I had Gut Feeling. Think it was a either a B side to a single, or on an EP.

Love that band. Satisfaction is a really quirky take on the Stones classic.

What other records are great, but incredibly different versions of original songs?

All Along the Watchtower, XTC?

Anyone heard the Flaming Lips version of Kylie Minogue's Can't Get You Out of My Head?

Keep listening to Devo stuff on U tube, can't understand why I didn't know their work so well b4, 'tis right up my street.

Gazolba

"Mr Bean's Holiday" soundtrack:

Last edited:

Captain Dart

"Mr Bean's Holiday" soundtrack:

Big ending with 'La Mer'
La mer
Qu'on voit danser
Le long des golfes clairs
A des reflets d'argent
La mer
Des reflets changeants
Sous la pluie

eastwoodsdustman

What?
Compared to one direction or compared to bloodsugarsexmagic era / Californication era?
I'll be honest, personally speaking they're a dreadful shell of what they once were

I actually really like it. Had to wait for a bargain mind. I wasn't going to pay £30 for it.

Pipehitterz

I actually really like it. Had to wait for a bargain mind. I wasn't going to pay £30 for it.
Ah well buddy you are middle aged now.

Just sat in brixton academy waiting for libertines to come on. Support was ratboy, they were a bit young and a bit loud for me and the Mrs, your kids will love it tho lol

Sky_Blue_Daz

Imani Coppola/little Jackie -Haters club

Users who are viewing this thread