What can we do to stay up ? (1 Viewer)

shy_tall_knight

relegation looks inevitable and we haven't even put the xmas decorations up. Is there anything that we can do to stay up

Sack AT - theory being like Adams when he took over from Reid or dowie from Adams, Black from Macca or Thorn from AB - reignites the team and reverse a downwards spiral.

At xmas cash in Juke, Crainie & clingan and buy 4/5 lower league gems. Neither of the 3 will be with us if we are relegated and at least we will have increased the size of the squad and if we still are relegated we now have these new players established at the club

Bring back Freddy, if he can get fit (big if) can't be any worse than the rest.

Plan D - do the SISU

Otis

Thing is, if we sack AT, there's not much more of a downward spiral to make.

ccfcway

nothing at all.

5 players off an average team. The funds arent available for one, let alone 5, so why bother with a token loan signing...

SISU have already waved the white flag this year. Theres nothing we can do about it, they own the club.

guicey15

1. Do not sack AT, it would not reignite the team since he has only been in the job a few months. It would have the opposite effect on players imo.
2. If were still comfortably in the bottom 3 come 2012, then consider sacking Thorn, depending on the situation.
3. Hold on to Juke, Clingan etc. Would be ridiculous selling them, would completely drain all morale the players and fans have left and would kill the club for the rest of the season. It would turn embarrassing.
4. If SISU are still in charge, they need to give £2million (or we need to find some way of getting cash without selling our best players) to Thorn so he can scout a strong defender, get an experienced midfielder on the cheap and a fast striker from the lower leagues.
5. Buy half of the Ricoh! Generates some income which could be spent wisely.

Danny

i think we should cash in on clingan in january i don't believe he has played that well he's had the odd game but does not seem able to do it consistently and az he is worth some value i would sell, not only that but we have bigi, deegan and thomas who can all play that holding role and i don't believe from what i've seen this season that having one of those 3 at the bottom of the diamond would weaken the team. saying that though i would only sell clingan if Thorn was given that money to reinvest in the squad.

the only other thing we could do is sneak a few of the subs on during the game and play with 14 the refs are that dire in this league they probably wouldn't even notice

cloughie

Pray...... just like you would if you were stuck in a leaking boat in the middle of the ocean

cloughie

What can we do to stay up ?

Pray.......... just like you would if you were in a leaking boat in the middle of the ocean

SkyBlue_Bear83

Change in formation and style of play. Not long ball just get the ball forward at a faster tempo and pass forwards more.

Users who are viewing this thread