What do we need still? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Hard to tell about full backs but could do with a right back, another centre half.and another striker

Need to see which loans go back as well.

Happy about the three in so far, but need somebody to play with beavon up front.

Terry Gibson's perm

Hard to tell about full backs but could do with a right back, another centre half.and another striker

Happy about the three in so far, but need somebody to play with beavon up front.

Almost everything we needed before plus somebody who can score and a right sided player and Tudgay to be kicked out

ccfchoi87

An Armstrong esque goal scorer, a vincelot esque nasty midfielder and a Ben turner esque dominant centre half.

Oh and also a right midfielder maybe like Jim O'Brien

Lord_Nampil

depends on if we keep Sterry if we dont then 2 CBs if we do then 1 CB, We need 2 RM, 2 ST and another CM.

so 7 players if we let Sterry go bk, 6 if we dont!

Nick

Administrator
depends on if we keep Sterry if we dont then 2 CBs if we do then 1 CB, We need 2 RM, 2 ST and another CM.

so 7 players if we let Sterry go bk, 6 if we dont!
Do we need 2 more centre halves though? Guess it depends if Willis goes.

skybluepm2

Still think we need an experienced keeper, our 2 are shite. The more I watch the goal we conceded yesterday, the more I blame Burge along with the two defenders who didn't really put their arse on the block to clear off the line.

I do like Sterry and I hope we can hang onto him until the Summer. Page not so much, but would prefer him there to Haynes as a stop gap until Stokes is eventually fit. Willis was superb yesterday so hopefully alongside Clarke's calm head they can form a formidable partnership. Wouldn't be opposed to bringing in another CB but not a priority.

Reid was a breath of fresh air yesterday, unplayable at times. Frustrating to think he could've been doing that damage all season if he'd played left wing instead of in a front 3!

The right of midfield should be occupied by Jones but his inconsistency is proving to be his downfall. I'm assuming Stevenson will be sold for peanuts in the coming weeks so that poses another problematic area waiting to happen. Bigi, Rose and the new chap I know nothing about should be sufficient but a McCann-esque replacement wouldn't go amiss.

Finally up top we remain light. In terms of goals Beavon and Sordell aren't too dissimilar but to rely on Granddad Tudgay and young Thomas isn't going to keep us up. Send that waste of space Wright back to the Hawthornes on the 900 bus and replace him with some quality. Jay Simpson would do some damage at this level and could be the man for us. I personally wouldn't be against Agyei but perhaps the writing is already on the wall for him with him not being selected yesterday.

On the whole, a tinge of sadness in seeing Sordell go is outweighed by the pleasure in seeing 3 new faces come through the door. If only Mowbray and Penus had been this pro-active in the summer we wouldn't have had such a dire first half of the season. Don't stop there big Russell! PUSB!

rupert_bear

I have to agree about faulting Burge for the Peterborough equaliser, yes it looked a foul on Sordell but the cross from the right was long and high and should have been dealt with by Burge, just a finger tip would have been enough
And why is there sadness about Sordell ? bloody rubbish imo.

torchomatic

Nasty midfielder.

Lord_Nampil

Do we need 2 more centre halves though? Guess it depends if Willis goes.
depends if Either willis or sterry goes and if we see Willis as a right back ! we need at least 2 players for every position i guess if you include Harris we might be ok but im guessing he wont!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Another centre back and another centre midfielder is a minimum.

We then need to replace the loans that leave so probably two more forwards to replace agyei and wright and two full backs to replace page and sterry.

Esoterica

I have to agree about faulting Burge for the Peterborough equaliser, yes it looked a foul on Sordell but the cross from the right was long and high and should have been dealt with by Burge, just a finger tip would have been enough
And why is there sadness about Sordell ? bloody rubbish imo.
Said on the match thread I think Willis should do a lot better there too - watches the ball and gets sucked towards it instead of sticking with his man .

skybluedan

Got to be an expierienced keeper for me, the two we have are just not good enough and with someone who shouts and helps and knows the crack would go a long way

robbiekeane

Still think we need an experienced keeper, our 2 are shite. The more I watch the goal we conceded yesterday, the more I blame Burge along with the two defenders who didn't really put their arse on the block to clear off the line.

I do like Sterry and I hope we can hang onto him until the Summer. Page not so much, but would prefer him there to Haynes as a stop gap until Stokes is eventually fit. Willis was superb yesterday so hopefully alongside Clarke's calm head they can form a formidable partnership. Wouldn't be opposed to bringing in another CB but not a priority.

Reid was a breath of fresh air yesterday, unplayable at times. Frustrating to think he could've been doing that damage all season if he'd played left wing instead of in a front 3!

The right of midfield should be occupied by Jones but his inconsistency is proving to be his downfall. I'm assuming Stevenson will be sold for peanuts in the coming weeks so that poses another problematic area waiting to happen. Bigi, Rose and the new chap I know nothing about should be sufficient but a McCann-esque replacement wouldn't go amiss.

Finally up top we remain light. In terms of goals Beavon and Sordell aren't too dissimilar but to rely on Granddad Tudgay and young Thomas isn't going to keep us up. Send that waste of space Wright back to the Hawthornes on the 900 bus and replace him with some quality. Jay Simpson would do some damage at this level and could be the man for us. I personally wouldn't be against Agyei but perhaps the writing is already on the wall for him with him not being selected yesterday.

On the whole, a tinge of sadness in seeing Sordell go is outweighed by the pleasure in seeing 3 new faces come through the door. If only Mowbray and Penus had been this pro-active in the summer we wouldn't have had such a dire first half of the season. Don't stop there big Russell! PUSB!
Agree completely with that

Users who are viewing this thread