What do you want to see on SBT? (2012) (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Well, it's pre season so will do a bit of work on the site again.

Has anybody got any ideas on what they want to be added?

So far I have:

1. More Arcade Games

Feel free to post up features you would like me to have a look into adding :)

Marty

Didn't we do this last year and literally nothing changed? :thinking about:

Nick

Administrator
Didn't we do this last year and literally nothing changed? :thinking about:

A lot more members now, there is no harm in asking if people want anything to be improved to make it easier for them is there? :)

Marty

A lot more members now, there is no harm in asking if people want anything to be improved to make it easier for them is there? :)

more smileys in that case then.

curlyc_

Could we be able to read at least one bit of good news a week...... Two weeks at a push......Monthly then?

NINOOVCOV

The prediction league is a great idea so hopefully its back in the new season, but what about a fantasy football league where you pick 11 players and use one of the sunday papers that give a score out of ten to score each persons chosen players. Each person only haves a certain amount of subs each season, so if they lose a player through injury for the season and have no subs left then they are down to ten players. At the end of the season the person with the most points wins.

Paxman II

LIVE SBT Radio.
Two ideas....

Ask the club if we can have access like any other media does and broadcast our own commentary live over the internet. There's plenty of free radio broadcasting sites. You have the wherefore know how Nick.

We can also host a radio show on the internet on match days which i would be happy to host and have live phone in's etc.

Lets show CWR how it should be done!

Nick

Administrator
Wouldn't we need some sort of license? I doubt we could stream commentary if Mercia aren't allowed because of Sky Blue Player etc?

georgehudson

i just want the best for OUR club, i want openess, honesty, truth & fact,
i'm tired of abysmal communication from our controllers,
i'm weary of farcical bias & cloaked alleged facts,
i feel a sense of dread as to what OUR club will become,
i want to remain a proud COVENTRY CITY person,
i remain,
a bantam, & true sky blue to the last,
PUSB
lets have more professional people on here who can expose the truth's we all seek

TheRoyalScam

Not much to tweak really - the board seems to work well without major changes - the 'New Posts/Threads' is my usual port of call for navigation.

I enjoyed the prediction league too!

On a personal note, I'd love to read a weekly/fortnightly/monthly news article by olderskyblue58 with his views on the business/financial state of play.

Any GMKers will be well aware of Knowl's extensive post match reviews - always thought provoking - SBT has the same thing as a thread, but does it need a 'news page'??

Nick

Administrator
Not much to tweak really - the board seems to work well without major changes - the 'New Posts/Threads' is my usual port of call for navigation.

I enjoyed the prediction league too!

On a personal note, I'd love to read a weekly/fortnightly/monthly news article by olderskyblue58 with his views on the business/financial state of play.

Any GMKers will be well aware of Knowl's extensive post match reviews - always thought provoking - SBT has the same thing as a thread, but does it need a 'news page'??

We can easily have a news page, we just dont have enough content to keep it filled ;)

ccfcway

One ccfc forum

News / finance etc it's all ccfc related and that's why I am on here, do it should be one forum

W

westcountry_skyblue

What about a "where are they now"section on ex players to see what they do for a living after football?

My requirement is admin based unfortunately but will make things easier to retrieve and refer to archive posts/threads (as I often do) when delving into previous submissions for research purposes.

Each post is already allotted a sequential number (#15 etc) but the original thread isn't - so I would like to see each thread with a ref number possibly within the red envelope icon on the left of thread listing summary.

Sorry if it sounds a bit nerdish

PUSB

win9nut

Agree it would be great for away day info to be on here somewhere...

Also the live radio sounds a great idea too, but the costs involved might be a show stopper

PUSB

PUSB

daib0

Thanks for the PM about this. My take is probably quite different because I was on here quite a few times last season as a Reading fan 'in peace', and even though we got promotion I'll continue to look in next season as this is a nice site - and most of us Royals are still "little ol' Reading" - never too big for our boots...

I've seen some of you have mentioned maps, travel news etc. but the truth is that there is no obvious place for the friendly away fan to write on here. After perhaps the initial scepticism when I started to make a comment or two I'm been well pleased with chat from you guys, but it could have even more potential. So ... any possibibility of an away fans' corner? To put up news from our matches together, or to mention charity or fundraising events etc. It would be good to be able to put up match thread links from other sites without this being considered spam - for one thing is giving details of a footballing link from another individual club forum, and quite another flogging chinese products on here, we all know that. So in Royals Rendezvous we've got a big "Rivals, but Friends" section where anyone can set up a topic (even non-members in just this part) and we we have Match threads on games that don't involve Reading - well, best check it out:
http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/forum/3832070

I mention an away fans bit, though it'd probably cost a season or two to really take off, so patience if you try it. But since the demise of the BBC 606, many a fan has gone to their own club's forum/s, but secretly still fancy a bit of good-hearted banter. The 'national' forums are so dissected now - more than a dozen in place of the BBC 606, but to be realistic only JA606, Not 606 and possibly Sports 262 are going to continue to float, so that the possibility of fans intercommunicating from individual sites directly with each other is something that has really huge potential, at least we see it that way. We're inter-related in some way with over 30 sites, and some like the Leeds LUFC Talk, Blackpool Back Henry Street, or Forest A Block we're very close indeed, even have shared games/predictions/interviews etc. together on occasions. And we've picked up quite a few members from other sites and without any problems though caging for members is not the purpose (Birmingham City Fans Forum didn't understand that, and we got a ban!!) though can benefit both sites - always a risk the wrong sort of poster comes over but the mods are there to crack down on any idiots who abuse the system.

I don't know what's best for you, it's not for me to come on here and tell you what to do, just hope I'm offering food for thought ...

All best guys, sure you'll be back in championship real soon
daib0 (David)
Royals Rendezvous

Nick

Administrator
My requirement is admin based unfortunately but will make things easier to retrieve and refer to archive posts/threads (as I often do) when delving into previous submissions for research purposes.

Each post is already allotted a sequential number (#15 etc) but the original thread isn't - so I would like to see each thread with a ref number possibly within the red envelope icon on the left of thread listing summary.

Sorry if it sounds a bit nerdish

PUSB

Each thread does get an id, can i ask why you would want that?

Users who are viewing this thread