What does SBT need? (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
It is that time again.

Is there anything that could improve this place? Are any new sections needed do we think?

Let me know :)

Sky_Blue_Daz

People trying to sell films online, not enough of em;)

Nick

Administrator
What about areas people think we could expand? There is a big userbase so plenty of potential :)

rob9872

There is a big userbase because we like it here. No need to keep re-inventing the wheel and if it aint broke don't fix it.

Nick

Administrator
I meant adding to it :) things to make it even easier!

Always room to improve, can go from a steel wheel to a shiny alloy.. :)

Rich

I think there may be too many sub sections mate. Other than that you have a great site here with a great community.

Rich

How about a proper live chat without new threads being listed in the same box?

Pigeon

Is there a way to close threads when they become irrelevant or just full of rubbish because its really off putting when you have to search through peoples rants/arguments/crap jokes to get to the real subject.

Nick

Administrator
Is there a way to close threads when they become irrelevant or just full of rubbish because its really off putting when you have to search through peoples rants/arguments/crap jokes to get to the real subject.

Sure, just report them and we will look!

Tonylinc

Can we have an updated league table? Mine shows only 16 games played or am I doing something wrong? (might be,since I am not too good at this com. stuff)

Rich

You can get rid of the Forum button at the top now, as it leads to the same page as the Home Button.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
What about a "Dislike" button? It's a bit one-sided with just a "like" button!

Brighton Sky Blue

Being notified when someone either 'likes' one of your posts, or quotes part/all of them might be a nice little extra-makes people feel loved ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

Good idea. Would have to be an option though as some would find that annoying.

Of course, it might have the potential to spam people's inboxes/phones; I think extra bits here and there tend to rapidly lose appeal when they're compulsory for all users. I'm not sure how much flexibility Nick has in making it so that only one notification's sent per message liked/quoted rather than every time someone does either of those things.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
How about a reference centre or library. Putting things like links to FL rules, FA rules, Copies of Financial reports, Details of FFP, MPs reports on football, referees briefing, FIFA updates etc that sort of stuff. Bit boring I know but might help folk understand the hows and whys maybe ?

How about a reference centre or library. Putting things like links to FL rules, FA rules, Copies of Financial reports, Details of FFP, MPs reports on football, referees briefing, FIFA updates etc that sort of stuff. Bit boring I know but might help folk understand the hows and whys maybe ?

Might have to get rid of the arcade then, we don't want the place being too fun.

Joking, yeah it may help people (such as myself) understand things and also be useful in proving others wrong!

Nick

Administrator

I had it as a site before but I struggled to get content, takes a lot of work with upkeep so in the end it just looked out of date (top goal scorders had Mk9 on) :(

I know theres usually a player ratings thread, or at least comments about player ratings after each game. Maybe have a section for this. Not so much a poll about man of the match, but a place where you can rate each player out of 10 and it will show the overall average for each player. That way you get the overall consensus without having to read through everyones comments to find out opinions. Could be a comments part to justify your marks given. Might only be realistic for home games as not everyone goes away but just a thought.

1ccfc

What about a 'For Sale' section where members can list CCFC items for sale like shirts, programes, and other collectables. Most peolpe have paypal these days, and maybe you could charge a listing fee which would generate income for the site?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
What about a 'For Sale' section where members can list CCFC items for sale like shirts, programes, and other collectables. Most peolpe have paypal these days, and maybe you could charge a listing fee which would generate income for the site?

I tried to start a thread similar to this. Just didn't take off.

I know theres usually a player ratings thread, or at least comments about player ratings after each game. Maybe have a section for this. Not so much a poll about man of the match, but a place where you can rate each player out of 10 and it will show the overall average for each player. That way you get the overall consensus without having to read through everyones comments to find out opinions. Could be a comments part to justify your marks given. Might only be realistic for home games as not everyone goes away but just a thought.

I usually start the "RATINGS FOLKS v Leeds" thread after each home game and whilst SBT's can offer their ratings in isolation others like to add banter or assessment of each individual player.

But I do like your suggestion of flexing player assessments it around a central "poll" whereby a realistic consensus emerges providing enough people participate.

One for Nick to think about maybe ???

PUSB

SkyBlueDickie

I think the notification idea is a good one. Sometimes a pain to keep refreshing the page to see if anyone has replied to a post.

Users who are viewing this thread