What Happens Next ? (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

This may have been covered previously, but what is the next step for Paul Appleton ? Okay so he confirms the prefered bidder, then what ? Does this then go to the court that adjorned a few weeks ago and is that just for ratification or does Appleton have to justify his decision to the judge and can there be opposition and objections. Can a judge overule him or turn his decision down ?Also can any objections come from other would be bidders, football authorities and supporters groups, such as the Trust for example.

I never followed the Portsmouth case that close, it became a bit of a saga to be honest but i seem to remember it in and out of court all the time and i think eventually the original prefered bidder didn't get it.

Any views ?

ajsccfc

On the radio they were saying that he recommends the preferred choice, but the FA also need to be in agreement.

_brian_

I thought this was going to be like A Question of Sport for some Friday fun! I cannot tell a lie, I'm rather disappointed!

rupert_bear

Yes i heard that too which is why i asked just wondering if it is sisu or a name from their portfolio what redress do they have if it is rejected especially by a judge. Taking everything into consideration surely they will never get the vote from the FL/FA on their ground situation alone.

Bluegloucester

The FL, have the chance to stand up to Sisu and declare them not fit and proper. Their plans are unworkable and will leave the club upward of £100m in debt and languishing at the bottom of League 1 at best.

bigfatronssba

I can see the league approving sisu even though they know its wrong. The FL always take the easy way out, they have no backbone.

rupert_bear

Don't think it has ever been done, very costly and clubs play in their leagues and sign up to their rules and decisions.
Yes I know and in a way that puts sisu behind the black ball but i said FANS groups who afterall are FL customers, i am sure a few well heeled mystery supporters would fund such a venture secretly

rupert_bear

On the basis that the Fit and proper ownners test is not fit for purpose. But it won't happen because we could never afford it and they know it!
Of course it could be afforded, if supported by wealthy backers and there are one or two of them in the wings. Don't forget if a case is won you get your fees or part of them paid by the loser. Would have to be costed obviously, but as i said fans are customers of the FL

Samo

Of course it could be afforded, if supported by wealthy backers and there are one or two of them in the wings. Don't forget if a case is won you get your fees or part of them paid by the loser. Would have to be costed obviously, but as i said fans are customers of the FL

If the FL are prepared to hand the Share to SISU after all they've done, there does need to be some kind of challenge. Should clubs be allowed to use the admin process to 'dump' thier debts, come out clean and do it all over again? It's wrong and it has to be challenged.

rupert_bear

It is big on the scale at the moment MPs and Government are itching to get Footie to into shape and there have been debates and plenty of questions in the House to make the FL think a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread