What If??? (1 Viewer)

skyblueref

Just a thought but what if we start the season at walsall and sisu's bid for this new ground to build a new stadium is accepted. Can PH4 bid still be accepted and if it is what would happen??

Last edited:
I guess it's all down to the football league as to who has the right to play as Coventry City FC, speculation is that they can have some say given the location of the Golden share. The best that could happen here is that Tim captains a SISU 11, at walsall, with not fans and with Joy in goal. :pointlaugh:

Manchester_sky_blue

We would not be able to start the season without the golden share issue being resolved. So, if the league decided not to issue holdings with the share then they could not field a team which in theory would pave the way for Haskell taking over, assuming the league thought him a fit and proper owner.

However, as the leagues priority is to see the fixtures fufilled they will likely award the share to the entity most capable of fielding a team so if Holdings has a squad of players and somewhere to play home games they are more likely to get the nod IMHO.

Voice_of_Reason

I simply cannot see ACL wanting an empty Ricoh Stadium. - I'm sure they will step in to ensure Sky Blues play at the Ricoh next season. ACL cannot survive on conferences and concerts despite what they say.

Manchester_sky_blue

I simply cannot see ACL wanting an empty Ricoh Stadium. - I'm sure they will step in to ensure Sky Blues play at the Ricoh next season. ACL cannot survive on conferences and concerts despite what they say.

If the league awards the golden share to holdings then ACL would have no say in the matter would they? Thats a genuine question if I have misunderstood the situation then please tell me.

italiahorse

We would not be able to start the season without the golden share issue being resolved. So, if the league decided not to issue holdings with the share then they could not field a team which in theory would pave the way for Haskell taking over, assuming the league thought him a fit and proper owner.

However, as the leagues priority is to see the fixtures fufilled they will likely award the share to the entity most capable of fielding a team so if Holdings has a squad of players and somewhere to play home games they are more likely to get the nod IMHO.

The current squad will be drastically reduced to comply with Fair Play rules and I guess will stay embargoed. Poor attendances at Walsall will drive the squad quality down further as they can only use 65% of revenue.
An alternative plan of playing at the Ricoh but pulling a squad together from professional waifs and strays (as Portsmouth did) would allow more to spend on better quality players and give us half a chance.
The second plan would be more favourable to FL as it is achievable with minimum disruption for fans and club.
In the time available SISU will not be able to show a plan for a stadium that is achievable as planning alone takes Months.

WFC

Basically yes the bid could still be accepted. Who gets to play is down to the FL.

I wouldn't worry too much about FFP rules, SISU don't do rules, they will just find some way to cheat it and argue the toss with the league after and threaten the FL with legal action if they try to do anything about it.

BurbageSkyBlues

Exactly, and that is the whole reason they are making so much public noise about the new stadium, with an interim arrangement to play elsewhere. It leaves all other potential bidders with one option - to gamble a bid for CCFC ltd, without any certainty about being allocated the GS. Sisu know that if they put a 'plan' together, showing that things are in progress, they will probably get the share.

Hence we see the logic behind Appleton's statement about the FL having it within their gift, to allocate the share to who they choose. And the fact that CCFC ltd is open to offers.

Users who are viewing this thread