What will make you buy a season ticket? (1 Viewer)

What would make you get a ST?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ccfc92

Seen a few comments of buying ST's with a show of intent from the owners. If SISU/Fisher had at least a smidgen of intelligence, they will be capitalising on the success of yesterday.

Personally, as I can't make every game due to distance, I'll get one regardless of how many games I can get to if the club show positive changes and build for next season. I normally pay per game, but will commit to one.

(This is assuming we're in L2)

torchomatic

I'll get one regardless.

robbiekeane

Never had a season ticket. Went through a phase of not really giving a shit if I'm honest from about 16 years old to 21.

Finished uni and fell back in love with the team. I usually go to about 5 or 6 game sa season and have sbp subscription. Oddly I'm thinking about buying one for next year. I think robins making some shrewd signings and a good pre season would be enough to make me buy one. If not, a match package for sure. Live in London so it's tough

Adge

After 32 years will not be investing in a season ticket so Sisu can drive around Mayfair in their Jags. If there are signs of progress towards Christmas etc and a serious playoff challenge I will come back but just pay on the gate etc.

ccfc92

If Tim Fisher is removed from our club I would consider renewing that goes for the other six members of the family too.

I'd say that would help considerably!

I'll add that to the options. People can change their vote, I believe.

clint van damme

I will be getting one with my son but totally understand why so many aren't bothering.
If they don't sort out a deal with wasps we could be out of Cov in 2018 - 19 so it may be my last chance for a while.

Grendel

I will still go. This season has been the worst in my 40 odd years by a mile really.
The cup win versus relegation is like The Office sketch where Brent says to his troops they will be made redundant but the good news is he is getting a promotion.
I can't believe and refuse to believe next season will be as bad.

pusbccfc

SISU leaving.

withnail

It's going to be a good season next season.
We've got ourselves a decent manager whom I suspect will now be given a modest sum to build the team.
The players must now be believing they can win games.
We're down (most probably) but we'll get back up possibly via another wembley day out this time next year.
Don't want to miss a second of that so I'll be buying at the first available opportunity.

KG7

Never had a season ticket. Went through a phase of not really giving a shit if I'm honest from about 16 years old to 21.

Finished uni and fell back in love with the team. I usually go to about 5 or 6 game sa season and have sbp subscription. Oddly I'm thinking about buying one for next year. I think robins making some shrewd signings and a good pre season would be enough to make me buy one. If not, a match package for sure. Live in London so it's tough

It's not tough living in London! It's fifty minutes from Euston ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbiekeane

It's not tough living in London! It's fifty minutes from Euston ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So....I hear you but let's be pragmatic...
it's 59 minutes from Euston to coventry station and then what...15 minutes from there on match day? So, I live in NW London and it's approx 30 mins on underground to Euston square then I walk there, get in time for the train, then 59 mins to cov and find someone to give me a lift the other side and then find my way back to the station and home...every other Saturday.

I know you're probably just calling me on it for the sake of the banter but that's a 2 hour journey there and back every other Saturday not to mention travel expenses. A sizeable commitment

BackRoomRummermill

If your having doubts then ......

it's 59 minutes from Euston to coventry station and then what...15 minutes from there on match day? So, I live in NW London and it's approx 30 mins on underground to Euston square then I walk there, get in time for the train, then 59 mins to cov and find someone to give me a lift the other side and then find my way back to the station and home...every other Saturday.

I know you're probably just calling me on it for the sake of the banter but that's a 2 hour journey there and back every other Saturday not to mention travel expenses. A sizeable commitment
you

Gazolba

You didn't have an option for me to choose. I live far away so what it would take for me would be the invention of an instantaneous tele-transportation machine.

letsallsingtogether

Exactly you said it, a sizable commitment.
If our owners had put a sizable commitment into our club we would not now be having this debate.
We would be asking "how many more could we expect next season".

robbiekeane

Exactly you said it, a sizable commitment.
If our owners had put a sizable commitment into our club we would not now be having this debate.
We would be asking "how many more could we expect next season".
What the fuck are you talking about

Edit - probably not the most constructive comment alone. They've funded losses for years and pumped money in at the start. It's not that they're not putting their hands in their pockets it's that when they do/have they're ridiculously incompetent.

What frustrates me most is that there is so much to call these twats out on and time and again incorrect stuff is thrown around which just weakens the case.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

I'm between the middle two options

Will see how the summer recruitment goes, then decide.
Will only get one when SISU go etc.

I need to see evidence of change, but I'd take SISU getting their arses into gear as a sign of it as I don't believe they're going anywhere any time soon.

shmmeee

Have put Sisu going because the person I go with has that opinion and I won't go on my Todd to be honest.

If that wasn't a factor it'd be just down to monthly price and a reasonably competitive squad. That and getting a job post uni.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'll be playing again myself next year, so almost certainly won't get one anyway.

That said, I could be tempted out of it if the price was (what I would class as) good. £300 or something and they can jog on though.

KG7

I live in Watford which is slightly closer than you but I used to live in Chiswick.

You know you can get a train from Cov Station to the Rioch in 7 minutes for no extra cost from London?

It's your choice of course (don't take me the wrong way) but if you were up for the financial outlay then it can be done and I do it for nearly every home game.

jassie78

I'm not renewing my season ticket. I've had my ticket since 2007. They only way i would renew would be if they sold tickets for like £150 season ticket just like what Bradford did to get more fans to come back. Even then I would be like what players they have signed to get out of League 2 first time around. I wouldn't go down the early bird price route. Its a shame really having went to see City play in Wembley on Sunday and the atmosphere was electric and my 8 year old lad was so happy with result and how many fans generated noise, he actually said are we getting sesson ticket for next year?, I reply back No. He told me dad why isn't Richo arena like this? I said the owners don't have any passion for football and our fans. I think owners should look at this has a opportunity and begin repair bridges get our fans respect by selling club or give manager a proper budget to get out of these leagues instead of faffing around with loans players that are past their best. At the end of day loan players return to their parent club and don't care about what position city are in. Owners need to look back and change the strategy and bring our young sky blue fans back into their grounds so they don't become future Man U, Arsenals Chelsea fans etc....

robbiekeane

I live in Watford which is slightly closer than you but I used to live in Chiswick.

You know you can get a train from Cov Station to the Rioch in 7 minutes for no extra cost from London?

It's your choice of course (don't take me the wrong way) but if you were up for the financial outlay then it can be done and I do it for nearly every home game.
I did not know this mate. That's very useful.

I live in Pinner so only 6 stops or so from you. Are they running that train then now? I remember a while ago they saidyou couldn't use for footy

Reactions: KG7

Users who are viewing this thread