What would make you happier? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

If we were relatively successful in the championship constantly fighting for promotion each year and the occasional year or two in the premier league would you be much happier with that than 34 years spent where 26 of those were a struggle to stay up?

Otis

If we were relatively successful in the championship constantly fighting for promotion each year and the occasional year or two in the premier league would you be much happier with that than 34 years spent where 26 of those were a struggle to stay up?

What would make me happier? RFC to stop posting for starters.

Evo1883

I would welcome a sniff of success of any kind just to witness it ..im in my 30s and was only 4 in 87 .
My favourite season was 97/98 11th in the PL .
Ofcourse i would want us to get to the top and stay there ..just to see the countries best players gracing our city week in week out.
but for now il settle with survival and next season a playoff push and a JPT final

Samo

Yes I'd take option A and I think we would be better supported in that scenario.

dongonzalos

That we stopped talking about a new stadium.
Formed a partnership with wasps
Used the stadium money for a fighting find. To become a yo yo team for a few years between the Prem and championship.
Until we become one of the elite club's over the next 7 years that will form a complete detachment from the bottom half of the championship downwards.

The latest tv deal will mean the only club that will ever break the rule will be owned by billionaires. There will be no future Palace or Burnley stories.

I don't want to become a 5-8k crowd, division 3-4 club for the next twenty years. That owns our own stadium

Last edited:

Astute

Having a team that plays for the badge, having a team where you know you have a chance of winning games and not playing shit in Division 3 like we are would be a start. I would be very very happy to be a Championship/Prem yo yo team whilst we rebuild. This would give the money for a new ground.

Evo1883

Didnt we miss out on premiership relegation parachute payments by a season or something typically coventry wise unlucky like that

I'd rather just be in the Premier League. The agony of missing out on the Premier League every year would just drive me insane! I'd rather lose in the Prem than win in the Champ

The Penguin

I'll take the 34 years in the Premiership because it would mean actually getting to watch the City play more than once a season!

tisza

maybe we should ask a burnley fan. from the brink of oblivion to the premiership then relegated then promoted. are special days like saturday balanced against the high probability of relegation? or maybe Palace fans who have seen similar situations?

Moff

What would make me happier?

Something younger and something older..............Younger wife, and older football club, the 1987 vintage would do just fine.:whistle:

torchomatic

And, unless I'm mistaken, it's a free world, isn't it?

Not sure I agree with you, Otis. RFC posts absolute rubbish but it's entertaining and amusing rubbish.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I know its down to personal preference, but I simply do not understand those that would prefer to make up the numbers in the top flight as opposed to actually WINNING something.......especially those of us who are old enough to have enjoyed both.....

...I would swap all 34 years of our top flight spell for another FA Cup victory in a heartbeat........

You don't get 200000+ people partying on the streets & an open top bus tour of the city just for finishing 17th in a money orientated over-hyped league .......

[video=youtube;Sdnh25SUbNQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdnh25SUbNQ[/video]

Astute

I know its down to personal preference, but I simply do not understand those that would prefer to make up the numbers in the top flight as opposed to actually WINNING something.......especially those of us who are old enough to have enjoyed both.....

...I would swap all 34 years of our top flight spell for another FA Cup victory in a heartbeat........

You don't get 200000+ people partying on the streets & an open top bus tour of the city just for finishing 17th in a money orientated over-hyped league .......

[video=youtube;Sdnh25SUbNQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdnh25SUbNQ[/video]

But you need to be in the Prem to have a realistic chance of winning the FA Cup. Other than when Wigan beat Man City and when Portsmouth won whilst spending money they didn't have I can't think of a smaller club winning it since us and Wimbledon the year after us. And then I think you have to go back as far as the 70's.

More chance of us finishing in the top half of the Prem to winning the cup these days :(

Users who are viewing this thread