Whats our best formation with the players we have? (1 Viewer)

lesturd

Thorn seems to be struggling to put the players he's bought into a formation that is solid at the back, creative in midfield and one that is full of goals. Which formation would you like to see as our preferred option?

I realise that sometimes it depends on the opposition we will play and whether we're home or away but I'd like to see us try 3-5-2 when players are fully fit...at least as a possible alternative to the diamond away from home.

-------------------Murphy---------------

-------Malaga--------Wood(C)----------Edge-------

Clarke-----------------------------------------Hussey

-------------Thomas---------Barton/Jennings---------

-----------------------Fleck--------------------------

--------------McDonald---------Ball/Bruno-----------

That assumes that Wood stays, we buy Jennings and/or Barton and the other players are fit. I just feel if we play this way (away from home at least), we'll have a solid base at the back, Thorn can get his full backs forward, we can play 3 CM's with Fleck more attacking and we can still have two up front. Thorn won't deviate much from his diamond but i do think we need an alternative.

Diehard Si

Like the look of 3-5-2 on paper, just like the 4-2-3-1 looks great on paper.

Sadly tho it's the diamond that's seen us out in our only performance of the decent friendlies.

stupot07

Like the look of 3-5-2 on paper, just like the 4-2-3-1 looks great on paper.

Sadly tho it's the diamond that's seen us out in our only performance of the decent friendlies.

I agree, I think the diamond is probably our best formation with the player we have, and although failed for large parts last season the majority of the squad are familiar with it.

ccfcway

I agree, I think the diamond is probably our best formation with the player we have, and although failed for large parts last season the majority of the squad are familiar with it.

the majority of that squad have gone !

wingy

I'm not sure here Stu ,have a feeling Bell will struggle to get a game,this is'nt a regular dissing view of him but i feel he's getting left behind,possibly by some of the younger ones as well.

ampthill_sba

Stongest starting XI with fit players as of next match:
......................Murphy
Clarke...Malaga....Wood...Hussey
.....................Kilbane
Baker...............................McSheffrey
.....................Fleck
...............Ball............McDonald

lesturd

Stongest starting XI with fit players as of next match:
......................Murphy
Clarke...Malaga....Wood...Hussey
.....................Kilbane
Baker...............................McSheffrey
.....................Fleck
...............Ball............McDonald

You honestly don't think that lightweight slow midfield would survive in League 1 do you?!?

Users who are viewing this thread