What's the minimum acreage for a new stadium? (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Right, well the reason I ask has nothing to do with the Butts, other than as a comparison.

I mentioned this piece of land before. It is next door to the fire station on Radford Road. Used to be a British Gas place if I recall correctly. Between the Holyhead Road and Radford Road junctions of the ring road. Same side of the road as the fire station, so sort of opposite Wickes.

The land is now up for sale. Sign up today. 5.52 acres.

Pretty sure the fire station may be open to offers aswell.

Haven't read the rest of the thread yet so excuse me if it's a no no.

Regeneration in that part of the city is also rife

Otis

Pretty sure the fire station may be open to offers aswell.

Haven't read the rest of the thread yet so excuse me if it's a no no.

Regeneration in that part of the city is also rife
My understanding is is that a new fire station is being built on the site of the old one as soon as it is knocked down.

Shame, as that would have given a bit of extra acreage.

dongonzalos

just a FYI Aberdeen have submitted plans for a 20,000 seater stadium and attached academy / training total cost is £40m with about £10m seemingly allocated on the training facilities.

Plans in for £40m Aberdeen FC stadium | Construction Enquirer

Given that its a clear site n that its not in somewhere like the Butts the construction costs will be less plus I would assume that land prices would certainly be less in Aberdeen as the housing pressures are not as great (I do know its an oil area).

So CCFC / SISU or whoever will be most likely looking at the sharp end of £30m + for a similar arrangement. Mr Fisher better start saving his pocket money.

24 hectacre
Which is 60 acres

So we need 60 acres and 40 million
For 20k capacity, with ability to expand if we get owners who can actually afford to properly compete in the championship

Last edited:

shmmeee

It's going to have to be out of town. It's all the usual places we've heard before: Bermuda Park, Brandon, Warwick Uni. If there was another site Fisher would have found it during his badger hunt.

letsallsingtogether

My understanding is is that a new fire station is being built on the site of the old one as soon as it is knocked down.

Shame, as that would have given a bit of extra acreage.
Yes the new fire station is being built there also a massive has like runs through the site.
Go past there every day the site looks smaller then the butts.

Calista

The uni is a possibility if you have a decent traffic management plan.

This road from Stoneleigh towards the NEC will make a big difference to the prospects for development on the west side of the city, including the Uni area. Although it sounds like it won't be in public use for 10 years, maybe developments could start ahead of that ...
Major new road linking Coventry and Solihull could be built

Hardly an answer to our immediate plight though. And in planning terms, it's hard to ignore the fact that Coventry already has a big stadium, suitable for hosting two major clubs if the financials can be sorted out.

Users who are viewing this thread