What's the obsession with Lati? (2 Viewers)

skybluecam

Which highlights a position that needs strengthening / adding to in the summer
I sound like a broken record at this point but it was obvious in Jan that we needed a winger in at all costs, didn’t get one.

Grendel

People use this phrase as something of an insult, but a player who fits that description is clearly very useful to a team with a small squad like ours.

Unless you’re going to spend money on two new players to replace him, he’s going to see a lot of minutes.

Hes a similar player in that regard to Paul Telfer.

jordan210

He's pretty unlucky atm with things. Wolves got a goal from a dodgy deflection of him and so did united

mmttww

Answering the thread title, seems to me the obsession is with finding someone to criticise.

I watched the game pretty closely and what I saw was him starting at RB doing a decent job, moved to the middle of a back three when we were pinned back and continued doing a decent job, then got subbed when we needed to chase the game.

First goal was down the left, he wasn't on Maguire for the second, then played a part in the third along with MVE waving his arms in the air instead of trying to tackle a player six inches from him! We weren't 3-0 down because of Joel Latibeaudiere.

shmmeee

It’s cos he runs like he’s shit himself.

He’s a solid player who clearly is an influence in the dressing room and can fill in several places and is only young. No reason for the weird witch hunt against him.

You’re actually allowed to like all of our players believe it or not.

Evo1883

It’s cos he runs like he’s shit himself.

He’s a solid player who clearly is an influence in the dressing room and can fill in several places and is only young. No reason for the weird witch hunt against him.

You’re actually allowed to like all of our players believe it or not.

Don't give us that after you've been bashing allen and Kelly for years 😆

ptr

Only player of ours to have been away in every international break. Hasn’t had enough rest. Don’t forget he started the year well.

CB is his best position. Back up to Bobby Thomas but he’s a good player that looks exhausted atm.

covcity4life

JDS came back with a good performance and im sure lati will too. Important not to get on his back. Think he needs time out of the team like da Silva did but it's hard to do when we don't have right wing options.

Mucca Mad Boys

If he starts on Weds there's something going on.
If Tavares is injured, what else can you do? Unless you play 5 at the back with Thomas, Binks and Kitching as we did against Wednesday.

We’ve ran out of squad again - the league campaign and cup fixtures have taken their toll. We need the summer to come around again to get new players in.

It’s going to take a monumental effort to get 4 wins from 4 to keep the play off dream alive.

Boicey

Answering the thread title, seems to me the obsession is with finding someone to criticise.

I watched the game pretty closely and what I saw was him starting at RB doing a decent job, moved to the middle of a back three when we were pinned back and continued doing a decent job, then got subbed when we needed to chase the game.

First goal was down the left, he wasn't on Maguire for the second, then played a part in the third along with MVE waving his arms in the air instead of trying to tackle a player six inches from him! We weren't 3-0 down because of Joel Latibeaudiere.
I also watched him carefully and he is clumsy with poor control and lost the ball a few times in bad positions.
Maybe he can develop, and he does have some ‘presence’ but he definitely shouldn’t be a regular first 11 pick at this point.

Boicey

Doesn't this describe the whole team in the first half? That's what I don't get. Latibeaudiere seems to be getting drilled for mistakes others make without it getting mentioned.
I mean he is definitely in the cross hairs but he does bad things in dangerous positions. The burden of being a defender.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread