What's your favorite Christmas song/pice of music (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

I bought that Greedies single!

Me too. Still got it and played it earlier on today. What a great combo Thin Lizzy and the Sex Pistols (well some of them anyway) were.

bringbackrattles

Most Xmas songs are crap but there's two I like Pogues Fairy Tale Of New York and Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses. Love the line where they say they'll give it a miss this year. That's how I feel most years !

mrtrench

I'm with you. A bit of Gregorian chant and a bit of Polyphany. Then a few drinks and on to wizard, slade, shaky and a bit of Jethro tull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, love the Polyphany too - Monteverdi; Palestrina & we always listen to the Allegri Miserere on Christmas morning. I always say when asked about Christianity that I like the architecture, the art and the music. Shame about the made up stuff.

Gazolba

Here's something different if you like soca. This will transport you to the Caribbean:

Last edited:

Gazolba

A nice cover version of Feliz Navidad, you have to listen to this:

Otis

I have to say I absolutely love this. Right up there with best ever Christmas songs I think. So simple and has a bit of a Phil Spector production feel to it too.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Always remember Greg Lake rip and Johnny Mathis as a kid growing up in the 70’s so they are my picks!!

clint van damme

Fairy tale of New York.
Not only my favourite Christmas song but one of my favourite songs, but I'd still introduce a law to limit how many times it can be played per day this time of year!

Cant believe Kirtsy McColl has been dead for 17 years.

Otis

Fairy tale of New York.
Not only my favourite Christmas song but one of my favourite songs, but I'd still introduce a law to limit how many times it can be played per day this time of year!

Cant believe Kirtsy McColl has been dead for 17 years.
Why, were you expecting her to come back to life after about 12?

tommydazzle

Drinking white wine in the sun by Tim Minchin always brings a tear to the eye at the ending
Carol of the Bells - love the way it builds
In the bleak midwinter - my favourite atmospheric carol

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Drinking white wine in the sun by Tim Minchin always brings a tear to the eye at the ending
Carol of the Bells - love the way it builds
In the bleak midwinter - my favourite atmospheric carol
In the Bleak Midwinter is one of my favourites too. Also, can't beat a bit of Silent Night. Bloody hell! It's awkward being an atheist at times! :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

oscillatewildly

'There ain't no sanity clause' - The Damned.
'The Coventry carol'. Ignoring the obvious connections, it really is a beautiful yet haunting piece.

dancers lance

In the Bleak Midwinter is one of my favourites too. Also, can't beat a bit of Silent Night. Bloody hell! It's awkward being an atheist at times! :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Contrary to popular beliefs, when I'm not spending my time dancing with the Devil, having nothing to live for and stabbing babies in the face, as a heathen myself, I also enjoy traditional Christmas carols.

Users who are viewing this thread