When things look good on the pitch.... (1 Viewer)

Grendel

....the local paper tries to focus on other issues.

Some curious experts drip fed some questions to post some headlines that relegation may be ok and that a new ground is folly (unless we want new owners or a championship club)

A curious and frankly ludicrous argument that Steven Pressley is trying to put the club into administration.

Most of the local media is focusing on some positives. The local newspaper, however, seems to have another agenda.

The gullible swallow this. I suggest we rise above it, see the hidden agenda, and we move on.

Gilbert, Poole and Turner really should be ashamed of themselves.

Nick

Administrator
and the trust are telling everybody to go watch city ladies?

I caught the end of the phone in, and although I find Billy Bell really annoying and unfunny he was urging people to get down and support the team and Mowbray.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not really a big problem, the match they are telling people to go to is on a Sunday so doesn't clash. I was surprised and pleased to see they are doing so well as you don't hear about and have no problem with the trust encouraging people to go, although there were a few unneeded digs slipped in and they made a point of saying they represent YOUR city ...at the Bedworth Oval.

ccfctommy

Some curious experts drip fed some questions to post some headlines that relegation may be ok and that a new ground is folly (unless we want new owners or a championship club)

A curious and frankly ludicrous argument that Steven Pressley is trying to put the club into administration.

Most of the local media is focusing on some positives. The local newspaper, however, seems to have another agenda.

The gullible swallow this. I suggest we rise above it, see the hidden agenda, and we move on.

Agreed! Been telling everyone on twitter that it's a total non story. I never but the Teleshite.

Otis

Trust me, nothing is going to look good on that pitch.

Grendel

I thought Andy Webster was injured.

Frankly this type of rather dull diversion is exactly the thing someone like Gilbert would welcome.

He needs to be held account for this.

Sky Blue Harry H

Frankly this type of rather dull diversion is exactly the thing someone like Gilbert would welcome.

He needs to be held account for this.

Come on Grendel - it's Friday night, and Otis is one of the good guys, be nice. Ignorant/inaccurate journalism (if that's what it is) will usually backfire on the journalist. If that's Che Guavara as your avatar, then put Gilbert,Poole and co in your little black book ;)

Otis

Come on Grendel - it's Friday night, and Otis is one of the good guys, be nice. Ignorant/inaccurate journalism (if that's what it is) will usually backfire on the journalist. If that's Che Guavara as your avatar, then put Gilbert,Poole and co in your little black book ;)

I just can't get so worked up over such nonsense that's all. Don't think it warrants such analysis or vitriol to my mind. That's just me though.

If there is a an article such as any of these mentioned. I just won't bother reading them. I'm sure if anyone really wanted to, they could pretty much lambaste the Daily Mail for shoddy journalism on an almost daily basis.

oucho

Grendel sees anti SISU conspiracies everywhere when non positive stories appear. Remember when he claimed that RFC was a council plant? They are just page filling with trash for lack of anything better to write. Look at Turner's bizarre piece about Fleetwood away for evidence. Why not equally get the knives out for the hateful Les Reid for trying to get prominent city fans to sign his drivel letter then pretending that they had done it spontaneously and off their own backs. If you want to talk shoddy journalism then start with that vindictive prick.

shmmeee

trolling-blackadder.jpg

oucho

What's your point?

Terry Gibson's perm

I caught the end of the phone in, and although I find Billy Bell really annoying and unfunny he was urging people to get down and support the team and Mowbray.

I agree Nick I started listening and then heard him on there so didn't bother listening to the rest of it on I player later.

lewys33

Whilst I agree with what you are saying, isn't it exactly what the observer is/was doing? Isn't it essentially what (at least) 90% of media outlets do?

No offence to journalists as people, but when it comes to the work being produced I find it hard to trust any of them. Everyone wants 1 side to look better than the other.

Gosford Green

Newspapers have to fill pages with so called news, the CT have to do that 6 days a week and apart from a shed fire in Binley the vast majority of it lacks any actual facts. I take this current legal episode as nothing more than SISU brinkmanship but the CT seem to have taken a delight in casting a bit more doom over the club and that relegation piece was an insult to any CCFC fan.

They (CT) have taken an anti SISU but pro Wasp stance which worries me. Hopefully nothing more than they see Wasps as a source of income through advertising.

SISU have spun complete lies since they arrived and while only a few believe them quite a few give them the benefit of the doubt, Les Reid flogs his dead horse weekly in the observer though only 2 people actually think that any of it is true and one of us on here thinks they are building a new stadium. We should be use to such things and see through the bullshit by now.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Simon Gilbert should only report stuff like this when we lose.

Also he should not ask a football finance professor to give his expert opinion on whether it is wise for us to build a new stadium. Especially when a lot of Coventry fans and his readers are asking that very same question.
If the football finance man said it was a good idea then he should print it. However he did not think it was a good idea. Simon should have not printed it or he should have kept it back till we lost.

I am contacting Ofcom Simon needs to be held accountable for this.

Then again maybe I will just accept that Schmee is bang on the money

Grendel

Simon Gilbert should only report stuff like this when we lose.

Also he should not ask a football finance professor to give his expert opinion on whether it is wise for us to build a new stadium. Especially when a lot of Coventry fans and his readers are asking that very same question.
If the football finance man said it was a good idea then he should print it. However he did not think it was a good idea. Simon should have not printed it or he should have kept it back till we lost.

I am contacting Ofcom Simon needs to be held accountable for this.

Then again maybe I will just accept that Schmee is bang on the money

The expert said it should be built if we want to be a force in the championship.

DaleM

The expert said it should be built if we want to be a force in the championship.

The only way we will ever be a top club again is to get a rich benefactor. The game has changed beyond recognition . We will never ,ever be able to compete wether at the Ricoh renting or at a new stadium paying to play there. Either way the support base has been decimated and unless someone comes in and bankrolls the club then I'm afraid we will become a championship /league 1 yo yo club .

Grendel

The only way we will ever be a top club again is to get a rich benefactor. The game has changed beyond recognition . We will never ,ever be able to compete wether at the Ricoh renting or at a new stadium paying to play there. Either way the support base has been decimated and unless someone comes in and bankrolls the club then I'm afraid we will become a championship /league 1 yo yo club .

The expert also says we need a new stadoum for new purchasers to be interested.

NorthernWisdom

Basically everyone's so entrenched in their views they'll n rubbish calls to authority if they disagree with their viewpoint and leap on them if they agree.

Some of the skewing of headlines in relation to content is pretty comedic though.

Astute

I trust you will be as vocal the next time Les Reid does one of his articles.

Astute

The expert also says we need a new stadoum for new purchasers to be interested.

Whereas our own 'expert' made sure we didn't get the Ricoh and still says we didn't want it :thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread