When to go on the piss? (1 Viewer)

vow

Dilemma this bank holiday, whether to go out on Satdee before and after the match or Sunday all dayer? (due to the bank hols) Just me and the missus thus far. (and yes i enjoy her company :D)
Should we do both? wholehearted question.
I should add, our beer funds are ok atm :)

vow

.................moving on from last message, normally go to CtKing club, use SkyBlueExpress to get to Ricoh, beer there at Purity bar, if we win its no brainer really, straight on the pop, the night is ours.
Bad hangover for Sunday, won't start till later, say 4-5pm Holyhead, the ladies capital of rose wine (its on offer), then onto City Arms, love thier Ales, perhaps even go to The Royal Oak.

Opinions would be most welcome, good, bad, pisstake or a nother.

vow

giphy.gif

And yes I'm fabulous!

vow

Ok, slight spanner in the works, but a good thing, the weather on Sat isn't gonnna be shite now, so yeah, may do 2 days on it!

vow

Get on both if you can :) warm day, nice cider!
Not too sure about poncy Cider nick :p i'm an ale man, so like the City Arms, Town wall tavern, Old windmill, etc.

vow

We are also open to try different Ale boozers within Cov, Fargo perhaps? any other suggestions?

vow

Can anyone help with our desperate plight for an all-dayer, any suggestions will go down well and be thourly be appreciated, i thank you!

R

RB1992

The Establishment right next to the Cathedral isn't too bad, there's about 4/5 other pubs/bars (Drapers, Golden Cross, Bailey Lane, Flying Standard, Earl of Mercia, Castle off the top of my head) within easy walking distance too so probably not a bad place to head to if you're going into town.

I went to the Campbell (The Phoenix?) last weekend for the McGregor fight and that had a decent selection of ales, probably best to avoid unless you want to be surrounded by sweaty student mind.

Ian1779

To be honest if you're not going to go to the Winchester it's not a proper pub crawl.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Dilemma this bank holiday, whether to go out on Satdee before and after the match or Sunday all dayer? (due to the bank hols) Just me and the missus thus far. (and yes i enjoy her company :D)
Should we do both? wholehearted question.
I should add, our beer funds are ok atm :)
Sunday drinking with no work the next day

Sky_Blue_Daz

Start at the gatehouse, onto the artisan, town wall tavern,
Then you could either head towards spon street or towards cathedral lanes

Actually can I come;)

Reactions: vow

vow

Start at the gatehouse, onto the artisan, town wall tavern,
Then you could either head towards spon street or towards cathedral lanes

Actually can I come;)
Anytime Daz!
We actually did this run after going to the Holyhead. Thanks for the suggestions all:D

Great_Expectations

If you like ale, you should head to Birmingham as you can do a fantastic ale trail. We start near New Street, head out to the Jewellery Quarter then back into the centre.

Some of my favourites:

The Church
Lord Clifton
Purity Bar
The Wellington (the mrs will hate that one...)
Old Contempables
The Victoria
Brewdog
Brachus
The Rectory
Post Office Vaults
The Botanist
Queen Victoria

In terms of Cov:

Drapers
Twisted Barrel (Fargo)
Inspire
Campbell
Castle (shithole but Jaipur on tap)
Establishment (preferably day time)
Bailey Lane
Ivy House (bottles only)

Reactions: vow

Pipehitterz

If you like ale, you should head to Birmingham as you can do a fantastic ale trail. We start near New Street, head out to the Jewellery Quarter then back into the centre.

Some of my favourites:

The Church
Lord Clifton
Purity Bar
Old Contempables
The Victoria
Brewdog
Brachus
The Rectory
Post Office Vaults
The Botanist
Queen Victoria

In terms of Cov:

Drapers
Twisted Barrel (Fargo)
Inspire
Campbell
Bailey Lane
Ivy House (bottles only)
Ivy house has Brooklyn lager on tap. Amazing lager. Dunno wise else they draught it in Cov

Sky_Blue_Daz

My wife and I planned a bank holiday Sunday out
My daughter Had gone away with her grandparents so all was planned
Then the wifes 86 year old uncle in Ireland died on Thursday so she went to away Friday and only come back yesterday so I had to look after the dog and drink in the house
We were gonna do the gatehouse and artisan to start off with

Great_Expectations

Ivy house has Brooklyn lager on tap. Amazing lager. Dunno wise else they draught it in Cov

I'm not a larger fan, so I generally go for the craft ale bottles in the fridge i.e. Brewdog. To be fair for a larger Brooklyn is quite enjoyable.

There's another larger on tap in there that comes with fantastic pint glasses if your partner has a big enough bag.....

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

I like a pint of that, not been in there since they did it out. The beer selection used to be pretty dreadful in there. It seems it's improved greatly as has the former Varsity. Also post Ken Brown, Browns sells a good range.

Pipehitterz

I like a pint of that, not been in there since they did it out. The beer selection used to be pretty dreadful in there. It seems it's improved greatly as has the former Varsity. Also post Ken Brown, Browns sells a good range.
love the ivy house
it has an interesting pub menu too, although im yet to try it

vow

Some of my favourites:

The Church
Lord Clifton
Purity Bar
Old Contempables
The Victoria
Brewdog
Brachus
The Rectory
Post Office Vaults
The Botanist
Queen Victoria

In terms of Cov:

Drapers
Twisted Barrel (Fargo)
Inspire
Campbell
Bailey Lane
Ivy House (bottles only)

Some great suggestions for a crawl there GE.
Was thinking about Brum, but didn't really know where to go, so thanks for that.

Users who are viewing this thread