Where are we playing next season? (1 Viewer)

skybluedan

We will be at the Ricoh. Despite all the posturing it makes sense for both clubs.

Ain't you read the thread ? Rfc says "hmmmmmm" that means somethings happening ,probably in the new year I suspect
Someone has implied the wasps are closing in , it will be Hoffman next

Hobo

Ain't you read the thread ? Rfc says "hmmmmmm" that means somethings happening ,probably in the new year I suspect
Someone has implied the wasps are closing in , it will be Hoffman next

RFC has a history of no relevance being in any thread

dongonzalos

I would be highly surprised if Wasps were not planning for life without us.
We are trying to sue them for 30 + million.
Also we don't currently add massively to their business.
Thirdly we keep stating that our ultimate aim is to build our own stadium.

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

Why do we hate Wasps. What have they done wrong
All they did was cease an opportunity that was presented to them and are making the best of it.
I appreciate as a CCFC fan I find it hard to acknowledge the fact but it is true.
SISU ceased it - Wasps seized it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

You can't see why people hate Wasps? Jesus wept.
Yes I can. Wasps sensed an opportunity at the right time - & made the most of it.
SISU saw the opportunity several times & pushed it a bit more each time to get the stadium at an even lower price...& missed it!

You cannot blame Wasps for that imo

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueZack

I don't see what is hard to grasp. If you believe moving teams from their traditional location for financial benefit is wrong. Then sisu and wasps are wrong. Just because some people in Coventry have found a new love for rugby which they didn't have for the cities team and attend doesn't mean it's all hunky dory. The double standards amongst our fans on this subject is astounding.

Astute

Why do we hate Wasps. What have they done wrong
All they did was cease an opportunity that was presented to them and are making the best of it.
I appreciate as a CCFC fan I find it hard to acknowledge the fact but it is true.
Are you being serious?

They moved their club nearly 100 miles away from their supporters. As a CCFC supporter you should know what it is like from us moving just 35 miles. We did it to try and seize control of the arena. They did it to seize control.

They are as bad as each other.

Jcap

Unfortunately in my opinion SISU's primary concern is not CCFC. It is SISU.
I have a horrible feeling they believe that Wasps' financial model is unsustainable. Like when they believed ACL's wasn't.
If they feel moving out will aid the downfall of Wasps. My humble opinion is they would make the same mistakes again. They probably still don't see the original moving out as a mistake but more a gamble that was worth taking.
On a lighter note the bigger the crowds we have, come the crunch time in negotiations. The stronger our position is. So it is in the interest of SISU to increase the crowds.

If they are waiting for Wasps to go bust then they will be waiting forever. Their business model is not based on sustainability. Much like all premier league clubs.

I also think we'll be at the Ricoh, on a short term deal but by then the seats will no longer be sky blue ;)

Astute

If they are waiting for Wasps to go bust then they will be waiting forever. Their business model is not based on sustainability. Much like all premier league clubs.

You mean like Portsmouth in England and Rangers in Scotland. And other clubs since? The same even happened to us.

They are staying afloat by having a very large loan secured on the arena. Nobody knows what will happen when it is time to pay it back. But we can't depend on us benefiting from their demise if it all goes wrong for them.

Grendel

You mean like Portsmouth in England and Rangers in Scotland. And other clubs since? The same even happened to us.

They are staying afloat by having a very large loan secured on the arena. Nobody knows what will happen when it is time to pay it back. But we can't depend on us benefiting from their demise if it all goes wrong for them.

When it comes to paying it back then they will re finance again.

Grendel

I would be highly surprised if Wasps were not planning for life without us.
We are trying to sue them for 30 + million.
Also we don't currently add massively to their business.
Thirdly we keep stating that our ultimate aim is to build are own stadium.

The only sticking point is length of tenancy. Wasps want a deal which ties the club for at least one decade and the club want a much shorter term.

Users who are viewing this thread