Where are you? Back the lads! (1 Viewer)

steve82

Probably that they didn't have enough officers to cope with the amount turning up on the day. But then why give us an allocation that you can't accommodate?

I think this is the problem hence why the letter has been sent to the relevant parties at Grimsby.

Fans been mislead and informed like CCFC who are just the ones relaying what there told to it's fan base

Nick

Administrator
I think this is the problem hence why the letter has been sent to the relevant parties at Grimsby.

Fans been mislead and informed like CCFC who are just the ones relaying what there told to it's fan base
But then they are still selling home tickets so attendance could go up too, it's not like all tickets off sale.

But then if it was our fans specific, you would think they would tell ccfc the information they had. You wouldn't think boddy would have made the comments if there was info about ccfc fans planning something.

steve82

But then they are still selling home tickets so attendance could go up too, it's not like all tickets off sale.

But then if it was our fans specific, you would think they would tell ccfc the information they had. You wouldn't think boddy would have made the comments if there was info about ccfc fans planning something.

Maybe there is some police intelligence that's come to light rather than Northumberland police force being over stretched with Hull at home too.

I don't think saying there no more tickets on sale tends to stop "non football related meets" tho as people are free to travel and generally on ban's from football stadiums not seaside resorts

Nick

Administrator
Maybe there is some police intelligence that's come to light rather than Northumberland police force being over stretched with Hull at home too.

I don't think saying there no more tickets on sale tends to stop "non football related meets" tho as people are free to travel and generally on ban's from football stadiums not seaside resorts
Yeah exactly, but if that was intelligence ccfc related I can't see boddy writing letters etc.

I did think protest as that would be in the ground, but again people could already have tickets anyway and why would boddy say that if it was because of ccfc fans? So doesn't seem to be that.

If it was meeting up for a fight, it will happen anyway.

If it's numbers, will 300 more in our end be much different to 300 in theirs? Especially as the policing needed to stop our fans from trying to go in the home end and extra stewarding / checks that will be needed.

Last edited:

steve82

Yeah exactly, but if that was intelligence ccfc related I can't see boddy writing letters etc.

I did think protest as that would be in the ground, but again people could already have tickets anyway and why would boddy say that if it was because of ccfc fans? So doesn't seem to be that.

If it was meeting up for a fight, it will happen anyway.

If it's numbers, will 300 more in our end be much different to 300 in theirs?

It is strange as in reality it's only a extra 450 CCFC fans were denying entry plus what ever Grimsby's walk up will be.

Would be interesting to hear Grimsby's official response.

Nick

Administrator
It is strange as in reality it's only a extra 450 CCFC fans were denying entry plus what ever Grimsby's walk up will be.

Would be interesting to hear Grimsby's official response.

Their tickets are still on sale though, so they can still get access so the numbers can still go up for them.

pusbccfc

Anyone still travelling tomorrow without a ticket? Thankfully got mine last week.

Although this is an absolute farce on behalf of Grimsby police, it doesn't help that it's so difficult to get tickets these days. People are put off by the ticketmaster costs and will therefore rather pay on the gate.

Cavan O'Doherty

Anyone still travelling tomorrow without a ticket? Thankfully got mine last week.

Although this is an absolute farce on behalf of Grimsby police, it doesn't help that it's so difficult to get tickets these days. People are put off by the ticketmaster costs and will therefore rather pay on the gate.
I imagine many will be. Trying to sneak in somewhere.

Kneeza

Come on CVD, she'd have at least ensured police levels would have been more than adequate to enable POG City fans enjoying a day out in N Lincs.
I was referring to the current regime and their ongoing slashing of public/essential services.
Going back to Thatch tho - If you can over look the decimation of indigenous industries, the privatisation of others, brief introduction of poll tax and the general dividing of a whole nation, she wasn't all that bad, eh?
And that voice. God, that feckin' voice....

smileycov

Facebook User

it is humberside police, or have I missed a joke?

fernandopartridge

Me personally it's something I'd not do, I remember seeing plenty of pissed off people at Crewe when we won 5-0 who were turned away having traveled on the hope of there still being 300/400 tickets available for pay on the gate.

Easier to have a ticket in your hand on the day but everyone's different and more relaxed about these sort of things.
I went in the home end that day

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

I have to look after the children and new puppy as my wife is doing an agency shift tomorrow and my parents are busy, I will try to get to a few away days and planning for Dec 9 at morecombe as my nephew has signed for them on loan until Jan

letsallsingtogether

In Majorca or I would have been there going to Yeovil though.:)

chiefdave

Grimsby forum suggests Humberside police lack manpower to deal with big followings, on top of that Hull City are at home tomorrow (though it's only Burton).
If that's the case then the number of tickets should have been restricted in the first place. Now they're more likely to have problems as our fans who were planning to pay on the gate will no doubt try and get in the home end.

Brylowes

Am I right in thinking the club receives a bill for policing, if so will the club be within its rights To demand
a refund, as the police denying them the right to sell tickets will impact on their match receipts.

clint van damme

Am I right in thinking the club receives a bill for policing, if so will the club be within its rights To demand
a refund, as the police denying them the right to sell tickets will impact on their match receipts.

wouldn't surprise me if the police are looking to make a few arrest tomorrow to justify their decision.

Brylowes

I was going tomorrow and as I live nowhere near Cov was going to POTG as it's less hassle,
Lucky for me "a fine chap" on here was selling a couple he couldn't use on here the other day.
Thank Christ I bought them, would have been gutted to miss out, though probably wouldn't
Have missed the train journey 'over 12 hours with 10 changes :emoji_sweat:

clint van damme

I was going tomorrow and as I live nowhere near Cov was going to POTG as it's less hassle,
Lucky for me "a fine chap" on here was selling a couple he couldn't use on here the other day.
Thank Christ I bought them, would have been gutted to miss out, though probably wouldn't
Have missed the train journey 'over 12 hours with 10 changes :emoji_sweat:

where are you travelling from, the Orkneys?!

Brylowes

Incidentally, is there a particular pub City fans are heading for, we get into Cleethorps
Just before 1o/c and will be looking for lite refreshments

Cavan O'Doherty

A Grimsby fan has said there was a rumour of a large Coventry hooligan contingent ever since this fixture was announced. I haven't heard anything. Has anyone else? Surely this can't be the reason for no pay on the gate.

Brylowes

A Grimsby fan has said there was a rumour of a large Coventry hooligan contingent ever since this fixture was announced. I haven't heard anything. Has anyone else? Surely this can't be the reason for no pay on the gate.
I don't know, but if that were the case you would have thought they would have given
Us less tickets in the first place, if that's what they do in that respect.

Users who are viewing this thread