Where has all the money gone??? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I've got your dream car for sale at 10k less than anyone else is offering. are you going to buy it? Or do you want to "Test drive" it first? It's a load of sh**e. The wheels are falling off. The brakes don't work. The engine has done 250k miles and is rattling its bo**ocks off. but I won't let you "Test drive" it...... Do you still want to buy it?

Have I supported that car all my life and do I spend hours on end online talking about that exact car?

Did I spend every weekend with my dad and grandad doing things with that exact car? Do I claim to support that car "until I die"?

Sky Blue Kid

Have I supported that car all my life and do I spend hours on end online talking about that exact car?

Did I spend every weekend with my dad and grandad doing things with that exact car? Do I claim to support that car "until I die"?
But you said you'd trade your wife in for this car you want it so much. It's got a switch that turns girls on(It doesn't work though) the wiring loom burned out last week but I'm not going to tell you that. You've had wet dreams every night about my car for the last 10 years(It's cost you a fortune in Kleenex tissues) Go on "Buy my Car"... You know you want too.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

They have better support than us for starters.
They have spent time in the premier league in the last 20 years, had successful promotion campaigns etc. More to shout about, their stadium is in a better location and so on. Unfortunately, I think it comes down to the fact more people want to support Bradford than want to support CCFC. Just making the tickets cheap wont guarantee anything. If Spurs and Accrington had the same ticket prices, they still wont take the same gates..

Agree. It's got to go hand in hand I think though. Perhaps Bradford do have more or better supporters but unless our fans are given chance then we won't really know.

I know prices were down last year, but what have we had to celebrate in the last 15 years? Double relegation, a handful of relegation dog fights, and a move to Northampton.

Until we get promoted to the Championship (if ever!) I don't think we'll really know the capability of the club in the modern era. I think if we got promoted and had a decent squad, with affordable season tickets fans would start coming back noticeably. That game against Burton was probably one of the highest points of the 21st Century for us, and the attendence was good. I'm not so sure the same position this year would attract the same numbers due to the price increase.

I completely agree charging £10 a ticket at the moment won't get us anywhere, but between that bracket and below what they're this season is probably fair.

Sky Blue Kid

Agree. It's got to go hand in hand I think though. Perhaps Bradford do have more or better supporters but unless our fans are given chance then we won't really know.

I know prices were down last year, but what have we had to celebrate in the last 15 years? Double relegation, a handful of relegation dog fights, and a move to Northampton.

Until we get promoted to the Championship (if ever!) I don't think we'll really know the capability of the club in the modern era. I think if we got promoted and had a decent squad, with affordable season tickets fans would start coming back noticeably. That game against Burton was probably one of the highest points of the 21st Century for us, and the attendence was good. I'm not so sure the same position this year would attract the same numbers due to the price increase.

I completely agree charging £10 a ticket at the moment won't get us anywhere, but between that bracket and below what they're this season is probably fair.
I hope we don't get promoted this season. If we got mullered 6-1 by Norwich's reserves team, I shudder to think what Newcastle, Villa, first teams would do to us.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm not remotely convinced the budget is close to last season. We have been told so, but I think its quite a bit lower. If it was based on an incorrect gate figure last year, we will be on the correct gate figure, my estimate 15-30% down from last season.
Still other teams will have done it for less. As for TM, my guess is he has a minimum quality idea in his head for players, and has been unwilling to take anyone he doesn't see as meeting or bettering that quality. I have a feeling that those players are either too expensive in reality and/or have signed elsewhere. I think he needed to bring in squad members sooner, even if that meant compromising some quality, then wait for the big 1 or 2 or 3 to make the big impact towards the end of the window.

I think we judge it fully when that window closes, then we panic if nothing has changed.

It does feel that way for sure.

Either the budget is appalling, or Mowbray's transfer window activity has been appalling. It may well be a bit of both.

Having to sell Vincelot to bring in players, even though our squad is of worse quality and less players last year does back your argument up. Then also what Mowbray has been doing also points to him being incompetent. I'm not convinced by his transfer market decisions one bit.

will am i

It does feel that way for sure.

Either the budget is appalling, or Mowbray's transfer window activity has been appalling. It may well be a bit of both.

Having to sell Vincelot to bring in players, even though our squad is of worse quality and less players last year does back your argument up. Then also what Mowbray has been doing also points to him being incompetent. I'm not convinced by his transfer market decisions one bit.
The local press could always do their job and ask Chris Anderson how the budget compares to last season. And to say its similar isn't a good enough answer. They could also ask if Mowbray is given the maximum amount allowed under the current restrictions imposed by the FL. We might be able to judge Mowbray then.

ClarkeZ

I agree £25 is too much for shite L1 football, dont get me wrong. I'm just getting frustrated by so many people in the city who assume £10/ticket is viable every week, its just not. That and all the calls for £millions to spend when all that would mean is £millions of debt which will cause its own problems if we fail to get promotion on the first or second attempt.

There's an innate lack of understanding around the club financing at the moment. But considering where the club has been for so many years up until recent history, financial stability is a god send. It's unappreciated the fact we aren't staring enormous debt, administration, liquidation and points deductions in the face!

Fergusons_Beard

It's SISU pal, you try talking to so many people around the City and you will hear the same sort of thing...................'Those owners, they are having a laugh with the fans money', SISU are taking whatever they can, there is no investment, they are spending all the money on court cases, admin charges, money laundering, tax avoidance, lying about everything, etc etc

Now even I accept that there is a stack of exaggeration and mistruths from people who plainly don't fully understand the workings of a football club and relative costs but the fact is if that's what these ordinary folk think and it's preventing them from supporting 'Their' club then it's a major stumbling block for CCFC progress.

You're dead right.

I also believe it's years of underachievement and a complete lack of success that has also lead to lack of engagement of 'ordinary' fans.

It's a viscous circle, the club can't afford new players but the club need new players to be successful.

I bloody love Mowbray but I fear that even his patience cannot last forever and if he goes we will really be knackered.

In went in off Ferguson's beard....

Captain Dart

I was told ages ago by a politician. who I would call a senior politician, when the whole truth is told it won't be believed.

Like the real truth is ever likely to emerge, remember "A lie can travel halfway around the world before the truth can get its boots on"

Captain Dart

Well programmes and merchandise for a start but also a bigger Sky Blue crowd adds value to the sponsors and advertisers input, plus like it or lump it, the spend on the concourses adds value to having CCFC there in the eyes of our landlords. It might turn out to be this match day spend that gets the club a better rental deal one day.

SISU lost most of their sponsors when they moved to Northampton, not unsurprisingly they remain reluctant to come back.

Users who are viewing this thread