Which areas of Cov or out of town? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
There was a guy who used to sit near me who lived in Bicester I think, would always leave a bit earlier on night games.

clint van damme

I remember years ago, (Premiership days), there was a survey conducted and it turned out we had a larger number of ST holders from outside a certain radius of the City that Man Utd. Can't remember what the radius was but I think it was 15-20 miles.

edit - larger percentage of ST holders, not number!

Adge

has Kenilworth been mentioned ,
Surprised that no one has yet mentioned Kenilworth. There are a few that come to the Leamington and Warwick supporters meetings and a pub landlord puts on a coach to home games if he has the numbers.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Split between Leicester and Cov. Would assume it'll become more Leicester as time goes by!
....when Coventry and Leicester are in the same division there are far more Cov shirts, scarves etc than Leicester , here in Rugby.

Monkey Boy

Lived in Wyken for around 30 years and it was mainly City. Live in Cheylesmore now and still quite a few knocking about. Weirdly I met a City fan from Stevenage on the way to Charlton a few years ago. Him and his brother used to go to to Charlton one week and City the next.

martcov

I've always considered Hinkley a leicester hole but apparently there is/was a growing Sky Blue contingent. Any web footed resident of Hinkley care to confirm?!

Visited the Bounty in Hinckley in the 70s with my mates. Got kicked around and had to seek refuge in the Conservative Club. They didn't seem too keen on people from Coventry.... never went back funnily enough.

martcov

Lived in Chapelfields and Whoberley. Now exiled in Kiel.... no City fans here :-( - except my daughter who has little choice. The Mayor and a delegation from Coventry were here last week though...

wingy

Visited the Bounty in Hinckley in the 70s with my mates. Got kicked around and had to seek refuge in the Conservative Club. They didn't seem too keen on people from Coventry.... never went back funnily enough.
Ha I can remember going over to Bubbles on a few Friday nights.
Twas a bit tribal.

Kingokings204

Allesley park all my life until moved to Cawston in Rugby 2 months ago.

Big following in Allesley that I knew of and talked to for 30 years. Not sure over here in Rugby although Rugby is a strange place. Could be anything over here.

Evil Monkey

Eastern Green originally, now in Stroud, Gloucestershire , only a mile or so from Forest Green (hello Alkhen BTW!). There's a few down here that I know and my lad came home from college today saying one of the lads on his course is City too. I know as many Cov fans down here in Glos as I do in Cov.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Allesley park all my life until moved to Cawston in Rugby 2 months ago.

Big following in Allesley that I knew of and talked to for 30 years. Not sure over here in Rugby although Rugby is a strange place. Could be anything over here.
......it's Cawston that's strange. What's it for ?

Ash

Originally from Nuneaton, a lot of the lads I grew up with were City with the obvious sprinklings of Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool etc.

Been living in various areas of west/south west London and Surrey since I was 18, and the City shirt sightings were few and far between to say the least!

Did see a lad with a 12/13 top on in Colombia a few years ago though, looked like a local as well which was all very strange!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ovduk78

I grew up in Rugby and when I started watching us in the mid to late 70's there were always loads of Liverpool & Leeds fans as well as quite a few CCFC fans. My brother was a Man Utd fan and went to watch them regularly with the Rugby Reds and I didn't know how many there were until they all piled on and filled the train home after we had beaten them 3-0 in December 77

jimmyhillsfanclub

South Liverpool away-day only supporters club:

Current membership = 1.

....Although I do know of a couple other lads in this fine city that still follow City....

jimmyhillsfanclub

where is South Liverpool? I occasionally work in Speke - nice place!

Ha ha....My workshop is in Speke,round the back of the airport......its charming innit......gotta keep yer wits about you lar

My south liverpool is beneath the blue suburban skies around the Penny Lane area...

clint van damme

Ha ha....My workshop is in Speke,round the back of the airport......its charming innit......gotta keep yer wits about you lar

My south liverpool is beneath the blue suburban skies around the Penny Lane area...

not far from where our plant is, Cartwright Farm road.
Nothing pisses you off quite like having to stay away from home in the Speke premier Inn and having your quiet evening pint ruined by a load of pissed up scousers coming into the bar for a sing song before catching their flight to Benidorm.

oucho

Lived in Chapelfields and Whoberley. Now exiled in Kiel.... no City fans here :-( - except my daughter who has little choice. The Mayor and a delegation from Coventry were here last week though...
Are you a member of Sky Blues International?

fernandopartridge

Quite nice round there, got off the train in Mossley Hill as I had a meeting nearby years ago. Just casually strolled by the end of Penny Lane.

Carlh29

We had a coach load travel down to Wembley from Southam but I know there are a lot more cov fans based in Southam. I was a season ticket holder until the third season at the Ricoh.

Hobo

Started off in Whoberley plenty of mates were City, then moved to Earlsdon. Work then took me to Sheffield, Doncaster, Liverpool, Manchester and Oldham before moving back to Coventry and Earlsdon again. Now live in Finham.

Didn't meet too many on my travels.

Users who are viewing this thread