Which is our best defensive two? assuming all fit... (1 Viewer)

best defensive pairing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paxman II

If everyone is fit which is the best defensive pairing we have?

I personally must have Turner and then either Cameron or Cranie.
very difficult but in the end went for Cranie and Turner.

Nonleagueherewecome

Turner and McPake. Cameron has awesome potential but needs taking out now and again as he looks a bit jaded. Cranie I like a lot at CB, but he makes a few Ward-type errors and isn't as strong or good in the air as my first choice duo. Who seem to be the most injury prone of the options, typically! :mad:

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I actually had this conversation at the game today, i would say;

LB: Hussey
RB: Cranie
CB: Turner
CB: McPake

alanmahon_uk

Good question. Turner and Wood/Cranie I reckon.

Cranie is class, but Wood edges it as that'd be a more imposing pair. I'd maybe bop Cranie over to RB.

Cameron's interesting. He started off the season impressively, but is liable to moments of absolute lunacy (these have been all-too frequent). He's only young, mind, so if someone could teach him to value possession a bit more, that'd improve his game no end.

Jimthor

Turner clear first choice at CB, after that we've got some competition! I really really like McPake, but also rate Cranie very highly. Like Woody on his day too.
Tbh i'd be inclined to put Cranie back at LB, i know he doesn't like it there as much as at CB, but i think Keogh-Turner-McPake/Wood-Cranie is a pretty damn solid backline!

Coventry La La La

Turner clear first choice at CB, after that we've got some competition! I really really like McPake, but also rate Cranie very highly. Like Woody on his day too.
Tbh i'd be inclined to put Cranie back at LB, i know he doesn't like it there as much as at CB, but i think Keogh-Turner-McPake/Wood-Cranie is a pretty damn solid backline!

Did you watch Hussey at LB today? Cranie at LB would 1. Be on his wrong foot and 2. isn't the kind of player to bomb forward and put in an amazing cross. Hussey can do 1. and 2. superbly as hes left footed and some of the crosses he put in today were class.

Jimthor

True. Hussey's still got a way to go defensively i feel but going forward is definitely very strong. And is only going to improve too, i guess. I'm just trying to fit everyone in! haha

rob9872

If pushed I would probably choose Cranie and Turner, butnot voting on this one because I would go for all if I could. I think they all can handle themselves pretty well and possess different attributes, in fact I think Keogh did well there too today. Sell who we can get the most money for in the summer because we have surplus and are strugglin in other areas.

Nonleagueherewecome

It was intersesting that Ranson had Cranie in at RB last night in his Dream Team, the rest of the back 4 being Turner, Dann and Fox. Might be an option if we ever get the others fit at the same time. Sadly, Cranie is the guy with the re-sale value. Versatile, young and fairly cultured for a defender. Lacks a yard of pace, but quicker than Wood I think. He played pretty well in his few games at RB, scored...and had that dodgy pen given against Cardiff for hanball when the ball was blasted at him from 2cm away!

Great_Expectations

I would trust all of those are CB, this is the one position we have strength in depth. I opted for Turner and Cranie however, with Wood/McPake coming close. I like Cameron and he has a big future here but he is a little raw at the minute.

The issue with Cranie at RB with Wood and Turner at CB means that is two left footers in the middle which could be a bit unbalanced, remember Wood really found his form after Turner got injured and he was playing in the left CB slot. This would mean Mcpake starting and Wood dropped, which is slightly unfair on Wood who is underrated in my eyes and is a threat from corners.

Bottom line however it is a good dilemma to have, a shame we do not have this issue in other positions!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I'd say Turner and McPake although I agree, all are gd at this level. Crainie for me is too inconsistent (and his off the field behaviour isn't the best either), Cameron is definitely a talent but as we seen today when he came on is too used to hoof ball (sure with a bit of work we can change that tho), and wood is not far behind turner / mcpake as he is Mr dependable.

Nick

Administrator
I would like to see Cranie given a go in the middle with Turner.

I think he did a good job on Danny Graham today (despite the couple of bad misses Graham did)

Users who are viewing this thread