Who are you going to Wembley with... (1 Viewer)

Bumberclart

I always said I would only visit the new Wembley to watch City, and now its going to happen.

I had planned on a big boys weekend away if we got there, but my opinion has changed. I'm going to take my wife and 2 daughters. The reason....I genuinely fear this could be the only chance the kids will ever get to see City at Wembley. Living in Yorkshire supporting City is tough enough, so I figure giving them a day in the sunshine is the least they deserve after having me drag them to watch the crap thats been served up over the last few years.
So, who are you going with and why?

Astute

Me, my little boy and the sky blue army.

Terry Gibson's perm

Tickets depending I would imagine me,my dad (if he can be bothered),my brother and my oldest son although my wife is not keen

Monners

With mates I think - 3 ladds that I have been going to games with for years (one of them for almost 30! - and he has a massive nose and a loud voice)

My 20 year old nephew too (Northampton born but of Cov persuasion).
My 16 year daughter hasn't been for a few years, and the 10 year old lad has no great interest in football - but I shall ask

Last edited:

Steve.B50

After going by myself for the past year I now need to get the wife, brother, sister in law and 3 grandkids one.
Luckily ST holders are allowed 8 (evidently).
The pub are getting a minibus up for all the customers that take the piss out of me all year.

Doubt it will be 8, maybe 4 per ST, that's still only 22,000. leaves 18,000

Nathccfc

Me, 2 brother in laws and my nephew. We were all unfortunate to be supporting cov

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Bugsy

Yesterday will stay with me forever.. in the day I found out that I am gonna be a proud father to a beautiful baby daughter and the mighty skyblues will be going to Wembley...unbelievable.. so so proud.

I will be taking the missus, my stepson and lucky enough our beautiful baby daughter will be present tooked up in her beautiful mothers womb. Also my mother and dad will be joining us too....PUSB

SBAndy

Me and my mate, who conveniently lives just off Wembley Way. Strictly speaking he's not a Cov fan, but has probably been to about 15 matches in the last 2 years.

lifeskyblue

Me and son...both st holders and wife (who isn't). May take one of sons mates.
I'm chuffed my lad will have a chance to see us at Wembley before the club folds (if that happens).
Only sad part for me is my dad who followed ccfc since late 1930s passed away couple years ago. He was a st holder from 1967 till we went to sixfields. He was there in 87. First thing I did with son and wife last night as we walked back to car was phone my mum and celebrate. Seemed right thing to do as I know dad would have been unbearably happy if he was still around.

PUSB

Monners

Me and my band wagon
200w.gif

pusbccfc

Me and 9 mates. Meeting up with my family on the day.

Trafalgar Square on Saturday night for a sky blue invasion.

no_loyalty

I am going with my wife, father-in-law and brother-in-law, my dad who is 76 doesn't want to go for some reason?

Otis

I am going with my wife, father-in-law and brother-in-law, my dad who is 76 doesn't want to go for some reason?
Dad's are like that.

Think I have mentioned it before but my dad is a lifelong City fan and started watching in the late 30's. He stopped going in the 70's but remained a fan.

When we got to Wembley in 87 he refused to go.

My mum, who doesn't like football, watched the final excitedly on TV and when I got home I rang her and she was thrilled and loved watching the match. I asked her what Dad thought and she said he didn't even watch the game and decided to mow the lawn instead. :(

Why he deliberately went out of his way not to watch it I will never know.

B-Ban-Boogie

Going with a mate who is a season ticket holder. I hope to god he gets me a ticket as i'm flying in from Florida and going back Tuesday morning.!!

Monners

Going with a mate who is a season ticket holder. I hope to god he gets me a ticket as i'm flying in from Florida and going back Tuesday morning.!!
I recall a bit about your back story mate with your Dad being an ex pat and the shirt thing (you know what I mean I'm sure). This is why the likes of Fisher and Joy should be nowhere near this.

Ok. My Dad's story; I didn't go in 87 and quite frankly didn't mind. My old man was in hospital at the start of his terminal illness (damn that asbestos). I was 21 and had never been to game without him. Even though he knew his fate he still had a huge grin on his face. Tears all round in our family and stiil one of the most inportant days of my life.

Hence my view that this is about family, younger fans and NOT our owners.

Skybluefaz

I'll be taking my 4 year old boy, because if we take another 30 years to get back to Wembley and I don't take him I'll be consumed with guilt. Also will go with some long time sufferers have a few beers and enjoy the day.

Brylowes

Me the wife and son + my brother and his son, will all be traveling down from the
Suffolk coast.:emoji_relaxed: Just need tickets now.:emoji_fingers_crossed:

malkitccfc

had 10 or so people ask me for tickets today at work or via text. Me, my dad and brother. Mums never been to a game, thought i'd be nice and ask if she wanted to go and she said yes. Kinda stuck now but I guess she funded my addiction to watching City when I was younger

Users who are viewing this thread