Who are you going to Wembley with... (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Me and my mate (season ticket holder, too) Owe him, as he missed the 2nd half yesterday, as I was being treated by St John's ambulance - had a shaking attack (well weird - probably shock at being 2-0 up!) due to a virus. Poor sod had to drive me home too (and his wife did a 20 mile round trip to pick him up!) I owe him a beer or two on the day. My nephew from Wallsend is a City fan, named after Danny Thomas (so will try and bag him a ticket, too - if I can)

D

Deleted member 4439

We should have made a list of people who would be bitter or silent, I'd be close to a full house!

Who would be bitter, and why? I'm simply not interested: why should I begrudge people choosing to have a day out at Wembley?

Last edited by a moderator:

Astute

Don't know who I am going with for sure. Don't even know if I can get any tickets.

But one thing for sure. Have booked hotel. Staying in Fulham not too far from Chelsea's ground. Arriving Saturday morning and coming back home Monday. Plenty of time to warm up for game and then celebrate the win. Going with wife and 3 youngest kids. Think just me and youngest for the game though could end up being all of us if I can get enough tickets.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
If I can manage it, there will be me, my eldest son, my 19 year old grandson and my 5 year old great grandson. Four generations. Probably won't be able to get tickets though!

skybluejelly

i am going with my son..i have always wanted to take him to the new Wembley..thought it would be a long time before it would be to see Coventry play there..would of preferred a playoff final but can leave that until next year if we don't win division 2

Leamington Pete

Will be proudly taking two sons and a daughter with a tear in my eye. All three have stuck with It and still call themselves City fans despite the crap and peer pressure. (Youngest plays academy football for a club we don't like to mention. Gets a lot of stick but still wears a bit of Sky Blue under his kit!).

Skyblueweeman

Me and my step dad (who got my into City when I was 5) and if I can a 3rd ticket, then a mate of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frostie

• My mate & fellow ST holder I go to games with currently,
  • My dad, brother & his wife who were all ST holders until they moved to the Isle of Wight!
  • My oldest friend who I always attended with back in the 'good' old days who sadly has become a lapsed fan since. No blame apportioned, as you get older life takes on new priorities & I fully understand anyone who gave up hope too.
Can't wait! PUSB!

B-Ban-Boogie

I recall a bit about your back story mate with your Dad being an ex pat and the shirt thing (you know what I mean I'm sure). This is why the likes of Fisher and Joy should be nowhere near this.

Ok. My Dad's story; I didn't go in 87 and quite frankly didn't mind. My old man was in hospital at the start of his terminal illness (damn that asbestos). I was 21 and had never been to game without him. Even though he knew his fate he still had a huge grin on his face. Tears all round in our family and stiil one of the most inportant days of my life.

Hence my view that this is about family, younger fans and NOT our owners.

Not me I'm afraid Monners..... maybe USSKYBLUE or CHIPFAT?

Gosford Green

My eldest. He started going in the mid 90s as a 6 year old and vaguely remembers the good times.

Like many younger fans all he has known is mainly dismal players, teams and matches, he secretly holds me responsible for his allegiance to the car crash that is CCFC so this day is all about him and others that choose their local club in place of a Man City top and a Sky remote.

Bumberclart

Looks like its going to be a massive family day out.
Can't wait to see the look on my kids faces as they walk into the stadium.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Train from Pompey HH?

I've just realised, we're in Cov for the week leading up to that Sunday, but coming back to the island on Sat 1st Apr. This was booked a while ago and I hadn't realised the date. Already booked and paid for a cottage and also ferry booked and paid for. :emoji_disappointed_relieved: Can't afford to lose £463.

Skyblueweeman

I've just realised, we're in Cov for the week leading up to that Sunday, but coming back to the island on Sat 1st Apr. This was booked a while ago and I hadn't realised the date. Already booked and paid for a cottage and also ferry booked and paid for. :emoji_disappointed_relieved: Can't afford to lose £463.

So are you not going then?

no_loyalty

What say we all chip in with £1 to cover your costs?

sb84

normally take my son (13 yr old) but he is away for a weeks school trip from the 1st, he says the semi final was the best game he has ever seen live so is gutted at missing the final.
So.... trying to convince the wife to come but so far the negotiation has cost me a Hilton hotel stop over and a London shopping trip on the Monday, and she is still not saying yes at this point....what else can I do to convince her to spend a weekend revolving around football?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I am going with my lad. He is 19 and never seen our team in the good times. I want to see his face if we win it. A bit of travelling to arrange as he is away at Uni but we cant wait

Have done the stadium tour and we both are looking forward to see Wembley in sky blue

Only downside is it will cost a fortune because my wife and daughters think it is only fair they go to London too........ but not being football fans are going to see a show and do some shopping! My credit card is going to be hidden and locked away!!

PUSB

Monners

Daughter and nephew look keen - my wife too, which means the boy well. Add in travel, food etc.. it's gonna cost a fortune. Damn this club being successful!

Moff

Me my wife, son,;Daughter, brother and some friends. 16 seater Mini bus booked and 7 hotel rooms for saturday
Might get messy:)

You staying local to Wembley? or a bit further afield?
Trying to get an idea on whether to come down for the weekend with my wife going shopping in London, or just on the train on the day, but trying to get any ideas of any decent hotels to stay at to get to Wembley from.

letsallsingtogether

5 rooms at the travel lodge Wembley way and 2 rooms in a Ealing Hotel.

Users who are viewing this thread