Who could replace Westwood? (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

Not that keen on Murphy-I think he looks good 'cos he has so much to do at Scunny-and they do concede loads.
Lewis has made some shocking errors in the last few weeks! I'd rather go with Ireland and Quirke.
Smithies is decent, but again has made some howlers this season and would cost loads.

Stockdale-yes, was quality at times for Fulham. But he'd cost a bit and we're not in the market for anyone who isn't free. Schwarzer can't go on forever, and he'll think he can challenge him next season I expect.

Andy Lonergan is the best we could dream of getting. Always impressed me, not as good as Westy but not far behind. Was also watched by Celtic, and I can't understand how he's lost his place to Turner.

For the record Bell was great on Football Manager about 3 years ago. Since then I think he had a spell where he lost his place IRL..doesn't inspire confidence in me, he probably won't be Championship class. About as good as Shearer was? Eep.

I'd like either of the Blackpool reserves; Rabchubka was their player of the year 2 seasons ago, Gilkes was quality before he got injured and lost his place to Kingson. We could probably just about manage their wages as both will be on less than Westwood.

Users who are viewing this thread