Who is your second team? (1 Viewer)

Just a bit of fun and a little curiosity.

Who are your second team if you have one?
If you moved away from Coventry maybe you have a new local team? Do you go to watch them.

I live in Hackney and go to see The Orient 6-7 times a season. Lived in Copenhagen for several years so also follow how Brøndby are doing.

smileycov

Facebook User
^^^^
Grinch :D

I like Celtic, travel up to Parkhead about 4/5 times a season. Have seen them abroad twice, Barcelona and Prague (tiplice). Just love the atmosphere and songs.

However, Covo are my passion and they are the ones that hurt when we lose

TimRussell

St Etienne, used to live there & have had some great nights at the Geffroy Guichard. Cracking atmosphere whoever the opposition - standing terraces and last time I was there you could take cans of beer in with you.

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
Blackpool. Plainly because it rubbed off on me growing up as my dad's always supported them

Arse are the team I want to win everything, Prem, Champs league etc, believe me if we came across them in the CC or FA cup I'd be behind Cov 200% but arsenal deserve to win one of the big trophies and they're entertaining to watch

Pigeon

Normally favour Chelsea due to my sister living in london. Great stadium n day out as well. Enjoy watchin spurs play, except last night.

Agree with you somewhat Cookie, now and again my Arsenal mates take me up to the Emirates for a game and i'm always impressed with the way they play, so for that reason alone they deserve something

Sky_Blue_Daz

Celtic, been up quite a few times over the years

n1xon

i live in milton keynes but that just makes me hate the Dons even more! not to mention the father inlaw supports them which also helps make me hate them! lol

Jimthor

Carlisle United.
It's my dad's hometown, and him and my uncle both support them. Rarely go to see them though (just the JPT finals in the main! ha), and when i do i just have a sit down and watch the game- definitely a contrast to my trips to see the City! Had a good day out on Sunday at Wembley tho :D

Don't support any premier league sides, just whoever is in my fantasy football team! I've lived right next to Craven Cottage for the last few months but it's failed to rub off on me. Probably because i'm up in Cov on most the matchdays!

SkyBlueMania

Celtic for me too, moved to Glasgow at 16 and there was always a spare ticket going somewhere. Coventry are still my team, when anyone up here asks who i support i say Cov, gets a good reaction with Strachan, Hartson, Fox etc.

I had the absolute pleasure of somehow getting a ticket to every home champions league game in the 2007/8 season and will never forget those nights as long as i live. Hope to someday have that sort of experience with Coventry one day...

AngryAnt

Yeovil town for me, used to keep an eye on their results but haven't really done so the past few years (home town).

That said, my dad and i could easily support spurs, great ground, always been nice to us (as a kid i was taken down to the touchline to get autographs when we played them last game of the season), great fans etc.. Plus they dont seem to suffer from a "woe is me" syndrome like most 'prem' clubs.

BackRoomRummermill

As I lived in Fife for a few years I follow Dunfermline Athletic, best result for me was when we beat Aberdeen away in the 2009 cup run.

Though this season doing really well and hopefully get up to the Prem

If I am not away working and at home I watch the home games,If I am down In cov I watch Cov home games. I have seen a few this season all wins except for Bristol game. If anyone who went to the CP game where we won 2-1 it was me at the bookies fc betz cleaning them out ( 4 figures in cash) as I put a big bet on 2-1 win with wood as first scorer at 100-1 :):)

Given the choice it has and will always be Cov

PUSB

WeegieSkyBlue

Living in Glasgow and being born in Bergen Norway, my other teams are Celtic and SK Brann, but NOTHING compares to my true love, Coventry City. :)

gouldberg

Chelsea. Been to see them play quite a few times now and it's always a great trip.

ccfctommy

Rangers, my mothers side of the family come from Glasgow and I have been to Ibrox to watch them.

rob9872

I would like to say Coventry City reserves, but unfortunately we don't have them any longer!

I always look out for Leamington results and I like the way Arsenal play, but I guess if forced I would say Hartlepool. It stems from when we were due to play Newcastle in the cup and it was called off mid-afternoon on the day of the game. We were all staying with a mate at Middlesboro uni (in a shite area just down from the old Ayresome Park) and sat in a bar watching Norwich against Inter Milan when the news came through that our game was cancelled.

We were staying up for a few days and said we were definitely seeing some football before we went home so looked to see who was local and playing. Saw a great game with Hartlepool drawing 2-2 against Brighton (Robert Codner scored a great goal for Brighton) and I don't ever recall being so cold at a game (probably why it sticks so vividly in the memory). They had one stand down at the time and it was open on the side that faces the sea.

Strange ground as we were behind the goal pretty much on our own, but the home supporters stand on the side and as it was half empty they all swarm from one end to the other at half-time.

Always had a bit of a soft spot for them since then.

We went to the restaged match (last game before they knocked down the Gallowgate End for rebuilding and got thumped 4-0 I think).

CovLis86

I follow Exeter as my local team. Go to watch them a few times a season. But yes, its only when Coventry lose that it hurts me.

Covstu

Always like teams who play pretty football so Arsenal but at the moment i am just in awe of Barca!

Users who are viewing this thread