Who's buying a season ticket this year? (1 Viewer)

Waldorf

If SISU go ahead with their threat to play elsewhere next season (probably St Andrews or the KP), who's going to actually commit to buying a season ticket when they become available?

I know I won't be buying one!

pusbccfc

Me 100%!!!

SkyBlueHomer

If its correct what is being reported this morning does anyone realistically think we'll be at the Ricoh.

Its Coventry or nowhere for me with other season ticket holders around us in Block 29 same opinion and how many alternatives are there in this area with the new season to kick off in less than 4 months?

ajsccfc

If we stay put - mebbes aye.

If we move (even if travel is covered as Cov Mad hinted at) - naw.

Tad

Nope. Won't support them financially till they clean up the off field antics and actually start focusing on objectives within a plausible and stable way.

Block19

I don't think the police will allow Coventry to play at either Birmingham or Leicester ground, far to much chance of fans getting into fights with the local teams. Venue would need to be more neutral and smaller venue as well, assuming we have about 8,000 season ticket holders at the moment and 10,000 average home crowd and about half travel to another ground we need a ground that holds about 5,000. Much smaller rent for a smaller stadium.

withnail

If Coventry don't play in Coventry then it'll be away games only for me.
Sad times.

italiahorse

Even if we stay at the Ricoh can't see there being more than 4000 season ticket sales

If its at the Ricoh then it will be almost the same take up as last year.
There are people, like myself, who will buy to support the club regardless who is in charge.
Crowds will be down at the start and will go up or down depending on performance.
If we are challenging at the end of the season the stadium will be full regardless who is in charge.

theferret

I don't think the police will allow Coventry to play at either Birmingham or Leicester ground, far to much chance of fans getting into fights with the local teams. Venue would need to be more neutral and smaller venue as well, assuming we have about 8,000 season ticket holders at the moment and 10,000 average home crowd and about half travel to another ground we need a ground that holds about 5,000. Much smaller rent for a smaller stadium.

That doesn't really make any sense. We need a ground that holds 5K because rent would be smaller? Perhaps marginally, but the potential to make money from gate receipts would be vastly reduced. We could only give away teams 500 tickets - imagine playing Wolves and only giving them a few hundred tickets? Why would you seek to limit the capacity to such an extent that you would deny yourself all that income?

For what it's worth, I don't think we'll end up playing elsewhere anyway. We'll be at the Ricoh next season one way or another.

theferret

What is your criteria for a club calling itself Coventry City?
For me it needs to be in Coventry / Warwickshire.

It is simple, any move would have to be temporary (and it would). The club could not survive outside the city for more than a season or two, and on that basis I would follow them during that temporary exile.

Brighton fans followed their team to Gillingham, Bristol Rovers fans watched their team in Bath. They were temporary arrangements, and Bristol Rovers did not cease to be Bristol Rovers because it played in a different city for a few seasons.

Jackoskyblue

If its at the Ricoh then it will be almost the same take up as last year.
There are people, like myself, who will buy to support the club regardless who is in charge.
Crowds will be down at the start and will go up or down depending on performance.
If we are challenging at the end of the season the stadium will be full regardless who is in charge.

Me and my dad 100% wanted to renew this all kicked off and now were 80% wether to or not but the fact is the people like yourself who are 100% can't even buy one yet and who knows when they will become available so the longer they mess around and hold back season tickets the more people are going to say you know what I can't be bothered to deal with them, saying all that me and my dad will get one were just being cautious

RoboCCFC90

The next post will be controversial and I am sorry for this;

But a 100% Yes I will buy a ST for next season..

Noggin

Moving to another stadium outside the city even with free rent will be financially worse than paying the 400k rent that was offered to them at the Ricoh, that was the case when they first mentioned moving and it remains the case. That point is even more true if where they move too only holds 5k. It was and still is a stupid idea to move with absolutly no financial benefits at all. Suggesting it showed either they were bluffing or they didnt have ccfc's interests at heart and only cared about hurting acl.

sky_blue_up_north

This is so sad, loyal Sky Blues fans been treated like a piece of shit. Like many on here I have had a season ticket for years, and also do a 180 mile round trip for home games. So moving grounds may not be such a big deal for me personally. However, The clue is in the name, Coventry City, not Leamington, Warwick or Rushden. I want to watch my team in Coventry, no where else. I really feel for the staff, the players etc who have also been shit on from great height, their professionalism in is whole mess has been outstanding. What a way to run a football club. Its truly disgusting. I really want to renew, I love MY football club, but this whole scenario is just to much, I feel like I have been kicked in the balls over and over again. Lose the fans, you lose the club.

CovisGod

Nowt to do with where were playing or who's in charge but unfortunately for me money's tight as a ducks arse and Cov will have to slip down my list of priorities. Ill go as much as I physically can afford but no season ticket for me unless I have a Lotto win :(

North York’s Blue

If we're playing somewhere within Coventry (basically the Ricoh) then yes.
If outside of Cov then very unlikely, will use the cash saved on a few more away days instead.

Users who are viewing this thread