Why do you hate the Villa? (1 Viewer)

Nathccfc

Got into a conversation with the Mrs earlier about why I hate the Villa and also why all cov fans also hate them.

I know a few people who just hate them because it's trickled down from their dads or uncles, but don't actually have a reason to hate them?

What's your reason?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

I don't hate them.
If we go tits up I may even end up at Vile park.

ollyservetta

i dont hate them , just pissed at the players they have had over the years , the crowds and the money ,but have in reality done nothing . when they got dennis it broke my heart , and andy blair , but hey ho . I do remember tho some stratford villa getting on the 517 bus going up the city the last time they went down , they just wanted to watch top league footie ,any other time we would have been at each other , but I just laffed and said fair play

pipkin73

Can't say i do. Still used to sing the song as Villa were our only rivals for many years in the Top Flight.

Since i moved out here i have met many Villa fans and they done loads to make me feel at home and any help i need they were always there for me.

When i lived in Cov my neighbour was a Villa fan, he used to clean my guttering, mow my lawn etc as i have a bad back. Come the Villa game we always gave each other shit, then went to the losers house and had a drink (so normally at mine, cost me a small fortune on drinks with Villa always beating us).

Now Birmingham fans, they always seem to have a chip on there shoulders, be it Cov, Villa, WBA etc....

pipkin73

i dont hate them , just pissed at the players they have had over the years , the crowds and the money ,but have in reality done nothing . when they got dennis it broke my heart , and andy blair , but hey ho . I do remember tho some stratford villa getting on the 517 bus going up the city the last time they went down , they just wanted to watch top league footie ,any other time we would have been at each other , but I just laffed and said fair play

Spoke to loads of Villa fans who used to watch us when they went down. If they went tits up, i think we would inherit loads of them.

Wheelfass

I think it's probably best not to have a regime of ill feeling against any one of our other local teams so I try to hate all of them equally.

stupot07

Villa were always our big rivals when I really started to get thr sky blue bug, and to add spice half of my half of thr family support the city and the other half support the villa so that always added an edge with bragging rights at stake!

I wouldn't say I hate them though, but I always smile when they loze!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

Don't really hate villa, don't like them much but I dislike Leicester more! The team that does it for me, like really pit of my stomach hatred, abso fucking lutely cannot stand Cardiff!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Adge

Don't give a rats ass about them. Think most of it was in the 80's early 90's when we hadn't beat them for years and Snoz kept going on about it. Eventually we broke the hoodoo. Before that I seem to remember it being Wolves. Seems to change with the seasons

Samo

Truth is... I don't really hate Villa, but I do love the tradition of hating them. I am prepared to suspend my better judgement and play the footy game which means we hate this team and that team! I like it so I indulge it! I suppose I enjoy the tribalism.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I don't suppose "hate" is a word I'd use, but I've had a dislike of the Vile for as long as I remember (first match 1964!). But what makes it worse, my son-in-law is a Villa fan, which is his choice, but he has encouraged my grandson to support them as well, even down to buying the kit for him each year!! :arghh:

Rodders1

I'll always remember them singing "we'll meet again" as we lost 3-2 at villa when we were relegated. My dislike turned into hatred then.

I also can't stand Leicester.

slowpoke

I dislike leicester more probably down to the fact that if they never had money pumped into them they would be in the same league as us. Shame that only down the road and a multi billionaire won't touch us. Leicester have been very lucky and I do believe if we had the backing leicester had we would be back where we belong so my dislike for them has got worse. I didn't want them to win the league fairy tale or not!

Malaka

For years they have tempted away our best players and we have their has beens

Warwickhunt

When you are old as me it still gets to my craw! Working in the car industry in the 70s and 80s a lot of work colleagues commuted from Birmingham and Leicester and needless to say mainly villa supporters and the bastards used to wind us city supporters relentlessly for years and it didn't help with big Cyril scoring for villa to send us down either. memories are long

Otis

When I grew up it was Wolves and Leicester and there was no talk of the Villa much at all.

The song on the West End was always 'We all hate Wolves and Wolves and Wolves, Wolves and Wolves and Wolves .... and LEICESTER!'

chickentikkamasala

When you are old as me it still gets to my craw! Working in the car industry in the 70s and 80s a lot of work colleagues commuted from Birmingham and Leicester and needless to say mainly villa supporters and the bastards used to wind us city supporters relentlessly for years and it didn't help with big Cyril scoring for villa to send us down either. memories are long
I have to agree, I possibly think it is a generation issue with the Villa. The car industry in Coventry was full of Brummies commuting to work. Some moved to Coventry to be nearer work. Often the children that went to school in Coventry and would follow the parents supporting club. For many years Villa was our nearest competitor, hence the rivalry ;)

Wheelfass

When I grew up it was Wolves and Leicester and there was no talk of the Villa much at all.

The song on the West End was always 'We all hate Wolves and Wolves and Wolves, Wolves and Wolves and Wolves .... and LEICESTER!'
Yes to the tune of the Dam Busters theme.......
We all hate Wolves and Wolves and Wolves.
Wolves and Wolves and Wolves and Wolves.
Wolves and Wolves and Wolves.
We all f###ing hate Wolves......
And Leicester.

Otis

Yes to the tune of the Dam Busters theme.......
We all hate Wolves and Wolves and Wolves.
Wolves and Wolves and Wolves and Wolves.
Wolves and Wolves and Wolves.
We all f###ing hate Wolves......
And Leicester.
That's the one and we always stuck 'and Leicester' on the end really loudly.

fernandopartridge

I am not that bothered by them. I think the worst thing about them is the dickheads in places like Leamington and Warwick who follow them.

Bumberclart

I moved from Cov at a young age and was brought up in Evesham, which is a real Villa stronghold.
The amount of shit that our small number of City fans got from them was never ending. Villa away was always a highlight of the season in the 80's and early 90's.

I genuinely enjoyed their relegation. Shame Leicester won the title to take the edge off my enjoyment.

All totally irrational for a man in his 40's, but it is what it is.

Astute

I wouldn't say hate. That is a big word. But the banter was always good.

Why should I hate people I don't know and have never met?

skyblue1991

As a fan that started supporting Cov in 1998 I hate Wolves and Birmingham more than Villa.

Like playing Leicester and after this year I can't hate them.

Don't mind WBA either.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

I hate their kit. And I've known am inordinate amount of dickheads who have supported Villa. But any hate for the club is just left over from when we were in the Prem.

Couldnt care less about Leicester really, it was quite sweet to be working there when they won the league. Their happy little faces. I think the hatred of them is a younger thing.

Users who are viewing this thread