Why have the signings stopped ? (1 Viewer)

wince

Being cynical ,with out them , who knows how many tickets we would sell but we still haven't got a team/squad the speed of how they came in seems a P R stunt to me no doubt there will be pages of wait and see ect but I've heard it all before so no season ticket yet for me

Speng

Being cynical ,with out them , who knows how many tickets we would sell but we still haven't got a team/squad the speed of how they came in seems a P R stunt to me no doubt there will be pages of wait and see ect but I've heard it all before so no season ticket yet for me
So how many more signings do you require before getting a season ticket ??

Sky Blue Harry H

Contracts on a lot of players run out on 31/5? Would expect more movement after that, especially when the club are clearer who is/isn't staying. Can't believe anybody is seriously holding out on who we buy over the next day/week or so - a 'name' may turn out to be pants and an unheard of may be a Stuart Pearce.

Esoterica

No PR stunt. As I said on another thread, pretty sure he's just spent the money he knows he's saved from the players already released - Marcus Tudgay, Vladimir Gadzhev, Andy Rose, Ruben Lameiras, Nathan Clarke, Kevin Foley.

giphy.gif

steve82

I expect a quiet week this week, it's a bank holiday weekend and half term. I'm sure many players will be away with there family's happy to wait till June to sort there futures.
The team will start to assemble in a few weeks time after the initial activity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

Contracts on a lot of players run out on 31/5? Would expect more movement after that, especially when the club are clearer who is/isn't staying. Can't believe anybody is seriously holding out on who we buy over the next day/week or so - a 'name' may turn out to be pants and an unheard of may be a Stuart Pearce.

Contracts normally run up until 30th June.

skybluetony176

The Wembley money has all been allocated now so nothing will happen now until the window opens and we can offload some players to pay for those coming in in their place. Find it a little bit worrying that players who we might like to see stay haven't committed yet. Thinking mainly of Stokes here because IIRC he's contract will be up at the end of June. Still leaves a month to get something sorted but would prefer it to happen sooner than later. I'd be surprised if league one clubs wouldn't be interested in him and just feel that the longer it goes on the less likely it is he will be staying.

SkyBlueScottie

Of the signings already made I believe they were made over the same couple of days and then the news was released over a period of time. If you recall, Robin's was wearing the same or a very similar shirt and jumper in a few of the pics. So, I would say to the OP, how many of the signings did you hear about previously, what makes you think they have stopped?

Adge

No PR stunt. As I said on another thread, pretty sure he's just spent the money he knows he's saved from the players already released - Marcus Tudgay, Vladimir Gadzhev, Andy Rose, Ruben Lameiras, Nathan Clarke, Kevin Foley.

giphy.gif
This.

Otis

So how many more signings do you require before getting a season ticket ??
Eleventy billion I reckon I would find acceptable.

Until of course we actually got to eleventy billion and then at that point I would be looking for eleventy billion and one.

Esoterica

Of the signings already made I believe they were made over the same couple of days and then the news was released over a period of time. If you recall, Robin's was wearing the same or a very similar shirt and jumper in a few of the pics. So, I would say to the OP, how many of the signings did you hear about previously, what makes you think they have stopped?
It's true, I saw the same cloud in at least 4 of the pictures. I remember it distinctly because I thought at the time that it looked uncannily like Leigh Jenkinson.

bawtryneal

I am more interested to hear who is staying next year after being offered new deals. Only DKE committed so far.
Will also make a real statement on our wage policy and investment strategy if GT signs a new deal. With all the new signings getting two year deals you have to assume MR believes they will be good enough for League 1 assuming we get promoted , of course.
The goalkeeping situation is most critical despite the new signing.

rupert_bear

If nobody leaves add the 6 brought in that's still not a bad squad for division 4 would still like a proper centre forward not sure about Kwame Thomas sometimes I think there's a player there other times no

Otis

If nobody leaves add the 6 brought in that's still not a bad squad for division 4 would still like a proper centre forward not sure about Kwame Thomas sometimes I think there's a player there other times no
If there's a player in there it's not him.

fernandopartridge

The Wembley money has all been allocated now so nothing will happen now until the window opens and we can offload some players to pay for those coming in in their place. Find it a little bit worrying that players who we might like to see stay haven't committed yet. Thinking mainly of Stokes here because IIRC he's contract will be up at the end of June. Still leaves a month to get something sorted but would prefer it to happen sooner than later. I'd be surprised if league one clubs wouldn't be interested in him and just feel that the longer it goes on the less likely it is he will be staying.

As Stokes and others are on holiday, I am not that concerned yet that they haven't signed.

tisza

You've also got a lull where there are a lot of players who are waiting thinking they can get a lot better money or play at a higher level if they don't commit too early.

Terry Gibson's perm

You've also got a lull where there are a lot of players who are waiting thinking they can get a lot better money or play at a higher level if they don't commit too early.

Some ours will be in for a shock

torchomatic

a competitive team to compete in the old 4 th division by the 1st of September

That's ok then considering it is only the last day in May.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

You must have been seriously stressed last season when we had only signed Jones at this point last season! And didn't get anymore until the 1st July

torchomatic

Now when have we heard that before ?

You're not happy with SIX signings before the end of May? When did that last happen?

Users who are viewing this thread