Why have the signings stopped ? (1 Viewer)

Colin Steins Smile

Of the signings already made I believe they were made over the same couple of days and then the news was released over a period of time. If you recall, Robin's was wearing the same or a very similar shirt and jumper in a few of the pics. So, I would say to the OP, how many of the signings did you hear about previously, what makes you think they have stopped?
MR obviously has used all the kit money on players. I think we might need to have a raffle to buy the team some new kit for the season?

covcity4life

You know it's 2017 not the summer of 2016?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i actually had a dream last night that mowbray wa sin charge and we had signed that onye guy you started a thread about. he was very short but stocky and had dreadloks. first game of season 0-0, we dominated and he hit post. everyone was optimistic about the coming season

steve82

i actually had a dream last night that mowbray wa sin charge and we had signed that onye guy you started a thread about. he was very short but stocky and had dreadloks. first game of season 0-0, we dominated and he hit post. everyone was optimistic about the coming season

Sounds good, I must send his cv off to Tommy Widdrington so he can contact this Jamaican internationals agent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samo

Being cynical ,with out them , who knows how many tickets we would sell but we still haven't got a team/squad the speed of how they came in seems a P R stunt to me no doubt there will be pages of wait and see ect but I've heard it all before so no season ticket yet for me

Because signing players as early as we have is a rarity, not the norm.

wince

Is this thread actually serious?
so with under 2 weeks till the early bird cut off date and large numbers of season ticket holders stating that they were not going to renew, 6 new faces (unheard of in Coventry close seasons) it seems just enough to give some hope again , hope that things will be different this time , but I remember coleman saying the same , bothroyd saying the same I remember going to the rioch for a pre season Q&A with thorn who said he, and I quote "had all his ducks in a row" (we all know what happened) last season mobray kept saying he was waiting on targets , that never happened , if you have your hope renewed fair enough , I as said in the O P am very cynical I see nothing different so far with the club , all opinions of course

Esoterica

so with under 2 weeks till the early bird cut off date and large numbers of season ticket holders stating that they were not going to renew, 6 new faces (unheard of in Coventry close seasons) it seems just enough to give some hope again , hope that things will be different this time , but I remember coleman saying the same , bothroyd saying the same I remember going to the rioch for a pre season Q&A with thorn who said he, and I quote "had all his ducks in a row" (we all know what happened) last season mobray kept saying he was waiting on targets , that never happened , if you have your hope renewed fair enough , I as said in the O P am very cynical I see nothing different so far with the club , all opinions of course
At least you've moved on from your fortnightly 'Where's the new stadium?' Why didn't you just start a thread saying 'I'm still pissed off and won't buy a season ticket'. It's what you really meant, would have got you a bit of sympathy from some and would have avoided the unneccessary shoehorning of early signings into your agenda.
'6 new faces (unheard of in Coventry close seasons)'
'I see nothing different so far with the club'

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

you see nothing different so far with the club? When was the last time they signed 6 players in may?

That's what a season ticket is bought on! Hope! For once the club seem to be prepared for the season ahead! Let's just hope MR has bought the right type of player in

Nick

Administrator

People are going because they support Coventry City. It really isn't hard to understand.

Adge

Some ours will be in for a shock
you see nothing different so far with the club? When was the last time they signed 6 players in may?

That's what a season ticket is bought on! Hope! For once the club seem to be prepared for the season ahead! Let's just hope MR has bought the right type of player in
Wouldnt go that far-6 players in and 7 released who were more than likely on higher wages than the 6 replacements. Sisu haven't suddenly got the open cheque book out for Robins.

ajsccfc

bart-simpson-tinfoil-hat.jpg

Irish Sky Blue

At least two of the close seasons that Sisu have been here, the manager of the time wasn't able to make any early signings due to a transfer embargo for late filing of accounts. This lead to potential targets going elsewhere. (Collins from Shrewsbury for example).
If the club wasn't in such a shambles then they wouldn't have to virtually sign a new team every close season. Sisu's short termism has seen players continually signed on one year contracts with the inevitable result. We need new players this season, it certainly adds a bit of excitement and optimism but the reality is that it must be hard for the manager to get so many new players to gell quickly. Micky Adams 10 new signings for the team that finished eighth in the Championship didn't work.
Presumably Robins agrees with this hence the two year contracts. If the players justify his faith in them, next close season should be about adding minimal new players to an already strong squad.
I think that only two players were added to the eventual cup winning squad in the summer of 1986. No one really moaned or complained as far as I can remember. However there was no social media back then and no transfer window either.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Wouldnt go that far-6 players in and 7 released who were more than likely on higher wages than the 6 replacements. Sisu haven't suddenly got the open cheque book out for Robins.
To be fair it's still better than the 1 in 7 out and loan 3 players on deadline day

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Haven't read this thread but maybe Robins has gone on his hols, he's got 7 targets in maybe just waiting to see who renews or not before targeting other areas.

More than happy with the progress so far!

Users who are viewing this thread