Why I will not go to Wembley (1 Viewer)

smileycov

Facebook User
I like to take the positives out of life, and even though I still believe we can save ourselves and avoid relegation(IF we win next 2 too start) ! Think if we go down it will be good to clear out the fucking idiot fans that talk constant shit!! How is a Wembley cup final aimed at teams AT OUR LEVEL a shit cup? Do people really think in November Fisher said we are going down please win the efl trophy so I get some money? Ha ha fuck off numpty's

Brylowes

I like to take the positives out of life, and even though I still believe we can save ourselves and avoid relegation(IF we win next 2 too start) ! Think if we go down it will be good to clear out the fucking idiot fans that talk constant shit!! How is a Wembley cup final aimed at teams AT OUR LEVEL a shit cup? Do people really think in November Fisher said we are going down please win the efl trophy so I get some money? Ha ha fuck off numpty's
But are the idiot fans
A, the ones that find it difficult to accept our ever sinking reputation and profile.
Or
B, the ones that see the positives in our demise, and openly relish the loss of yet more fans.

Sky Blue Harry H

Strange post. OK to feel anger towards TF/SISU. Most feel like that, but anger is a destructive feeling (especially when there is little you can do to appease it), which is why a few have turned their backs (OP). For me, I try and switch off (difficult at times) and focus on the good things happening in my life (mainly my son) which tends to calm me down. We have had an awful time of it as a group of fans and, as can be seen on here, the frustration seems sometimes unbearable. Luckily real life distracts us hopefully, sometimes in good ways. The irony is that following your team ought to be a relaxation and enjoyable! That's why you should enjoy the day at Wembley. In years to come, it's the good/funny bits on the pitch, or with other fans that you recall (not the 0-1 defeats in the last minute!)

Nick

Administrator
But are the idiot fans
A, the ones that find it difficult to accept our ever sinking reputation and profile.
Or
B, the ones that see the positives in our demise, and openly relish the loss of yet more fans.

Probably the ones who just make random shit up and get angry about said shit they have just made up.

robbiekeane

Fisher more than likely encouraged Slade to play Beavon when he was not fit. In desperation to get the win, to win the big payout.
hahahahaha!

Seriously, do these people actually believe this crap or do they just hate SISU that much they find a way to blame them for everything. Embarassing either way

Ashdown

Whilst everyone is making shit up I'd just like to say that I think that...............Marcus Tudguy is a fabulous player and could grace the frontline most weeks of any League 1 club...............No wonder we are going down !!

Nick

Administrator
Marcus Tudguy is a fabulous player and could grace the frontline most weeks of any League 1 club!!

You can thank Tim Fisher for that, he has scouted him since he was a kid on Sunday Afternoons whatever the weather to bring him into the game so that he could tell Slade when to play him so that we can get to the EFL Trophy final specifically to line his pockets.

All those times Fisher took him to training or was doing shooting practise with him in the park is really paying off.

Nick

Administrator
Sorry should have explained it more clearly. It's not the only unrealistic crap that gets spouted that I wonder if people actually believe it

Better?

People do believe it. Just put the word SISU in and it becomes fact.

One person gets angry about it and then they get others angry about it. I have seen somebody at a game trying his best to get his mates worked up and angry about made up shit. The best one was that the players have to train at Alan Higgs because building work has started on Ryton and it was a fucking disgrace. He was going apeshit, near enough in tears about it. He was even counting on his fingers all of the random shit to try and get them worked up.

Brylowes

Sorry should have explained it more clearly. It's not the only unrealistic crap that gets spouted that I wonder if people actually believe it

Better?
Do you come across as such a smart arse in the spoken word, as you do in the written.:emoji_thinking:

smileycov

Facebook User
But are the idiot fans
Or
I accept A, that's my point OP and others slag off a competition made for teams in our position. Why? I know how far we have fallen.

B as I said I try see positives in everything, I truly believe we will stay up - but tongue in cheek I said the good in it is idiots like the OP will feck off.

robbiekeane

Do you come across as such a smart arse in the spoken word, as you do in the written.:emoji_thinking:
And your comment wasn't smart arse? "Pretty sure it's just one person..."

Look sorry if it came across that way, but bullshit like this comes out all the time and the attempts are more and more obvious. If it's not Tim Fisher picking the team and making Slade play Beavon, it's him getting a % of player sales.

So much stuff to be angry about with them and to call them out on, but stuff like this makes us look like a bunch of retards. God forbid we ever get some decent press coverage and one of these fools end up on camera.

Ian1779

'Hi Clive. I found time in my incredibly busy day to phone in to tell you that I don't follow the Sky Blues anymore. Did you know I first bought a ticket in 1963 and i've always followed them, but not anymore. In fact I dislike them so much now I don't even know why I phoned in to tell you other than I want some attention'

sky blue john

I would like to highlight one point that has been raised in this thread.
That has the cup distracted players, had a negative effect, injuries and fatigue cost us league points ?
If as some believe whistles and protests have cost us points then the cup run must have also cost us league points !
I don't see those who were quickly on their high horse about whistles and protests blaming the cup run for also costing us league points !

Nick

Administrator
That has the cup distracted players, had a negative effect, injuries and fatigue cost us league points ?
If as some believe whistles and protests have cost us points then the cup run must have also cost us league points !
I don't see those who were quickly on their high horse about whistles and protests blaming the cup run for also costing us league points !

Are you going to Wembley?

The cup run has only really had a positive distraction hasn't it? Especially as he has been playing pretty much 2 different teams for most of it.

You do realise the difference between somebody having an issue with a protest that can affect games and a positive cup run right? Unless you are trying to outdo the OP.

sky blue john

Are you going to Wembley?

The cup run has only really had a positive distraction hasn't it? Especially as he has been playing pretty much 2 different teams for most of it.

You do realise the difference between somebody having an issue with a protest that can affect games and a positive cup run right? Unless you are trying to outdo the OP.

Hypocritically yes I will be at the final!
I don't deny the cup has been a positive for fans, but i would swap it in a heartbeat for league safety !

clint van damme

so how come some teams do a league and cup double if cups are such a distraction?

Captain Dart

Probably the ones who just make random shit up and get angry about said shit they have just made up.
Who has done that?

Gazolba

Personally, I have zero interest in why anyone would go or not go.
I just hope we win the cup.
Your anger issues are your own problem. See a therapist.

blueflint

personally I will watch from afar I still support cov but can't watch in person while SISU are still here
sorry nick I know this stance annoys you

Covstu

I think most people would, but we can't. It doesn't mean people can't enjoy that and still not enjoy being relegated.
I know what you mean but it isn't going to feel a little false and dirty that we will have 40k (or about 800k given the panic over tickets) cheering the team on as if nothing happened all season.

rejected

RIGHT - this has very little to do with me as you all know but here are my thoughts. If you are a Coventry City fan (which I am guessing you are as only I am sad enough to be on other teams forums) then DONT MISS this day out. Twenty years from now you will tell your kids or grandkids etc about the day at Wembley. The competition is almost irrelevant, this is YOUR CLUB playing at Wembley stadium. The owners and chairman etc (probably) may not still be around in 2, let alone 5 or 20 years. Honestly, 100, 1000 or 10000 of you staying away from this game won't make much difference. Your efforts and frustrations are being noticed around the country.

Missing your club play at this amazing stadium is not worth whatever you have to gain. I've seen around 1000 Sunderland games, only got to see us at Wembley twice . We lost a play off final and 3-1 v City in 2014. BOTH amazing occasions.

Jimmy's Chin

I agree we have been relegation fodder from start of season. But most of the shit cup games have involved a minimum of 5/6 first team regulars. Best team v Wycombe. In my opinion if we had lost in this cup then players less fatigued
Especially the kids. Who, let's face it have been pressed into forster team football cause we are so pants. It's far too many games for them in one season. We could've done without this pointless shit cup. If we were safe in league it would not be an issue. Unfortunately I think this shit run has contributed to some of our tired end of games. Only my view.
Don't the football league rules state that for this cup a team must play at least 5 players who played in the previous league game?

Users who are viewing this thread