Why I will not go to Wembley (1 Viewer)

Chip Batch

This is the bit I just don't get.

The EFL Trophy is for teams in League One and League Two, or always has been until that silly rule change this season.

We are a League One team. For teams in League One and Two this is the only cup competition they can win.

Can understand the consternation with the U21 thing, but don't get the crap competition thing just because we used to be a much bigger club.

It's a shit competiton for shit teams. What's next FA Vase? Would we be happy to get to that final if we get relegated to non-league? We're a fucking awful team in League 1 and the cup is aimed at teams of our level I agree, but surely as a club we have to be aiming higher? This should not be our lot.

Same as when people we tugging themselves off when we beat Man United in the league cup however many years ago. We used to go to Old Trafford, Anfield, Highbury etc every year, it was no big deal. A good tesult yes, but it seemed really small-time to be over-celebrating that. We're not in a position to now, but we should be aiming higher.

Captain Dart

vow

'Hi Clive. I found time in my incredibly busy day to phone in to tell you that I don't follow the Sky Blues anymore. Did you know I first bought a ticket in 1963 and i've always followed them, but not anymore. In fact I dislike them so much now I don't even know why I phoned in to tell you other than I want some attention'
Clive: Are you going to Wembley?
Caller: Yes.

Covstu

It's a shit competiton for shit teams. What's next FA Vase? Would we be happy to get to that final if we get relegated to non-league? We're a fucking awful team in League 1 and the cup is aimed at teams of our level I agree, but surely as a club we have to be aiming higher? This should not be our lot.

Same as when people we tugging themselves off when we beat Man United in the league cup however many years ago. We used to go to Old Trafford, Anfield, Highbury etc every year, it was no big deal. A good tesult yes, but it seemed really small-time to be over-celebrating that. We're not in a position to now, but we should be aiming higher.
Time for you to stop living in the past and start lowering your expectations

Hugh Jarse

We are a shit team, just look at our league position.

Let's just have a nice day out and don't give a shit about the OP sitting at home missing the fun.

Sterling Archer

I swear half our fans just want to be angry all the time.

A day out at Wembley for a lower league team who has had years of shit owners, shit players and shit managers. Just enjoy it man. Jeeeeeeeeezzzzz!

We have so much to dislike about our club right now as well, getting to a Final at Wembley should be enjoyed. We deserve it.

Users who are viewing this thread