Why is Google USA not celebrating the World Cup (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'd never call it "soccer", just to piss the yanks off, B-B-B! Especially if I lived there! (Can't stand them anyway!) How do they call that stupid game of theirs "Football"? All they do is throw the bloody ball and run with it! They don't even use their feet to control it! Pricks!! It's basically American rugby! And don't get me started on "baseball"! It's girly ROUNDERS!!

turlykerd

I hate that i find myself calling it 'Soccer' (or Sock-uuuuuuuur) more and more!! lol :facepalm:

Its a constant joke for us too... My mates couldn't understand why its football , when they have football, but I explained that we actually"use our fuckin feet" and not play throw n catch .

Then some fucker googled the term soccer an it turns out its what we used to call football to begin with :(

As for the google not showing world cup stuff .... Yaaawwwwnnnnnn

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Its a constant joke for us too... My mates couldn't understand why its football , when they have football, but I explained that we actually"use our fuckin feet" and not play throw n catch .

Then some fucker googled the term soccer an it turns out its what we used to call football to begin with :(

As for the google not showing world cup stuff .... Yaaawwwwnnnnnn

Google isn't written law though. It's put together by ANYONE. Even I could change the facts to say football was called "tiddly-winks" before!

ajsccfc

You're thinking of Wikipedia rather than Google. Even then, it's 99% factual (I've made that number up) as anything that isn't on an obscure page is checked and cited by their team of nerds.

It's right about soccer being a British word, awkwardly derived from association football. Looking at that, it could have easily been called something ass-related. Small mercies.

ajsccfc

Back on the Doodle thing, they seem to actually be putting one out for each current game, this has just appeared for the England match:

world-cup-2014-8-5111453967187968-hp.gif

Users who are viewing this thread