Wii U any good for kids? (1 Viewer)

ratovan2

As title says really, my 6 year old wants Lego City Undercover but I don`t want him on a hand held so thinking about the Wii U.
Anyone got one, got any opinions, tips ?
Thanks.

Nick

Administrator
I haven't used a Wii U but I can't help but think the novelty wears off :(

Although if you do get a Console try here and the game here to save a bit of cash :)

Otis

Funnily enough, we just bought a Wii U on Thursday.

Would say it is perfect for the kids. Do bear in mind though that it can be used as a hand held too. You just disconnect the game pad and carry on playing on that.

My daughter loves it. She is 9.

ajsccfc

I had a Wii and it seems a similar story with U that while there's not a huge selection of games, there are some absolute belters. Why are handhelds a no-go out of interest? The 3DS started slow but just gets better.

Otis

I guess it is probably a control thing.

Easier to be sneaky with a handheld I suppose.

ratovan2

I had a Wii and it seems a similar story with U that while there's not a huge selection of games, there are some absolute belters. Why are handhelds a no-go out of interest? The 3DS started slow but just gets better.

I worry about his eyes!! seriously my older boy ( boy lol hes 18 in a couple of months bless him ) had a handheld from a young age and his eyes seem to have suffered as a result.
Now i am no Optician and it probably is unrelated but i would prefer a larger screen, however i do appreciate that the wii U control pad also doubles as a handheld so it might be a blessing or a curse.
Also I have seen some of the games he likes and have been pretty impressed with them, plus Mario cart 8 is out soon and I love that, so with my eyes in mind a bigger screen is a good thing.

wingy

I worry about his eyes!! seriously my older boy ( boy lol hes 18 in a couple of months bless him ) had a handheld from a young age and his eyes seem to have suffered as a result.
Now i am no Optician and it probably is unrelated but i would prefer a larger screen, however i do appreciate that the wii U control pad also doubles as a handheld so it might be a blessing or a curse.
Also I have seen some of the games he likes and have been pretty impressed with them, plus Mario cart 8 is out soon and I love that, so with my eyes in mind a bigger screen is a good thing.

Apparently there are Issues with all forms of 3D In most/all games for under 6 yrs.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Same with films I think, not meant to watch a 3d film or heavily play the games until their eyes are developed?

Otis

Same with films I think, not meant to watch a 3d film or heavily play the games until their eyes are developed?

Wouldn't let my daughter have a 3DS.

Try and restrict her Wii usage. At the mo she has Pikmin 3, which is class, Rayman Legends, Raving Rabbids, Nintendoland and Funky Barn.

She wants to get Mario 3D World and Mario Kart when it comes out too.

Ccfcsj

I have a Wii U. Unfortunately it's not used as much as the PS4 or Xbox One - primarily because my kids are older.

However the Wii U is an excellent console and Lego City is a brilliant game. I would highly recommend especially for young kids.

Otis

I have a Wii U. Unfortunately it's not used as much as the PS4 or Xbox One - primarily because my kids are older.

However the Wii U is an excellent console and Lego City is a brilliant game. I would highly recommend especially for young kids.

It's a game on our radar for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread