Will there ever be another ccfc cult hero? (1 Viewer)

Bigelvesy

Huckers, dublin, konjic, oggy etc etc

Due to the current apathy of the fans and the lack of quality players constantly splitting opinion, will we ever have another hero?

I mean, ive been a big fan of baker and edj this year whenever ive seen them, but ask 20 fans what they thought of them and there wouldnt ever be an agreement,q

cloughie

Huckers, dublin, konjic, oggy etc etc

Due to the current apathy of the fans and the lack of quality players constantly splitting opinion, will we ever have another hero?

I mean, ive been a big fan of baker and edj this year whenever ive seen them, but ask 20 fans what they thought of them and there wouldnt ever be an agreement,q

Tim Fisher ............oh I see cult figure

lordsummerisle

Cult heroes are normally ones who have great staus amongst fans, but generally weren't that good a player.

Mo Konjic a good example of that, The Edge seemed to be heading that way this season too.

Dublin, Huckerby and Oggy who you mentioned genuinely good players for us though, so wouldn't put them into the cult staus bracket.

WillieStanley

Another season in L1 and I can see Baker or Clarke becoming cult heroes. They do divide fans, though.

WillieStanley

I reckon Baker might be sold, 15 goals from midfield I can see a championship club wanting him

I'd say his age and history in the Championship might put off any bids from a higher league. You never know though. Depending on where we are come the end of May, he may be a bargain for another L1 club.

Bigelvesy

Cult heroes are normally ones who have great staus amongst fans, but generally weren't that good a player.

Mo Konjic a good example of that, The Edge seemed to be heading that way this season too.

Dublin, Huckerby and Oggy who you mentioned genuinely good players for us though, so wouldn't put them into the cult staus bracket.

Yeah id agree with your definition tbh, i certainly thought edge was on his way this year, but then didnt play for a while.
So would you have baker down as a cult hero this year?

lordsummerisle

Yeah id agree with your definition tbh, i certainly thought edge was on his way this year, but then didnt play for a while.
So would you have baker down as a cult hero this year?

Would say he was a cult hero with many when in the Championship, not very good, but liked by a lot.

However he's okay in League One, wouldn't put him into hero category though.

Nonleagueherewecome

David Bell. I got some funny looks when I celebrated his first appearance of the season from the bench as if we'd just won the Champions League. It was a mixture of gallows humor, irony, and a genuine desire to see the man who scored the greatest ever goal at The Ricoh show his class. I now know why I got those looks, as the same arseholes who have spent the whole season booing McSheffrey promptly switched their attentions to him, last weeks best line being "I can't believe they're picking him, there must be someone else who can play on the left..." :facepalm:

Brighton Sky Blue

Dele Adebola was perhaps the last one that came close to cult hero status in recent times, with Morrell not far behind.

Brighton Sky Blue

David Bell. I got some funny looks when I celebrated his first appearance of the season from the bench as if we'd just won the Champions League. It was a mixture of gallows humor, irony, and a genuine desire to see the man who scored the greatest ever goal at The Ricoh show his class. I now know why I got those looks, as the same arseholes who have spent the whole season booing McSheffrey promptly switched their attentions to him, last weeks best line being "I can't believe they're picking him, there must be someone else who can play on the left..." :facepalm:

At the last game I went to this season both McSheffrey and Baker got it in turns:

'Pass it squaaaaaaaaare McSheffrey you fat little shit!'

'Pass it fecking squaaaaaaare Baker you useless turd!'

He was sat next to his son who could only have been 10.

Nonleagueherewecome

We got him from Stockport county I think,now they are probably going to be playing Beduff next year.
Lets hope we get our act together or we might be following them.:eek:

Beduff got relegated, didn't they? They're two divisions below Leamington and three below Nuneaton now. Stockport-Leamington should be a good game though, provided The Brakes go into BSN rather than BSS.

Dele was a player i still think to this day should have stayed with us. He was unplayable on his day and scared the shit out of some defences. Part of the reason other players scored goals was the fact the opposition generally had two defenders running at him. Cult hero for me.

Brighton Sky Blue

Dele was a player i still think to this day should have stayed with us. He was unplayable on his day and scared the shit out of some defences. Part of the reason other players scored goals was the fact the opposition generally had two defenders running at him. Cult hero for me.

That clip Deano posted was a pretty good example of him at his best. Other games he struggled through lack of technical ability but when on form, as you say, unplayable to plenty of Championship defences.

theferret

Beduff got relegated, didn't they? They're two divisions below Leamington and three below Nuneaton now. Stockport-Leamington should be a good game though, provided The Brakes go into BSN rather than BSS.

What sort of gates do Leamington get? A real shame they were without a club for so long.

TakeMeHome

I think Keogh could have been a cult figure if he had stayed, and there is no doubt that if he had also stayed, McGoldrick would be worshipped!

mark82

Almost certainly BSN (well BN as it is Betfair North next year). How Stockport have fallen.

japandy

If you look at football history the main 'cult heroes' have been managers. ManU wil be remembered for Fergie, Liverpool Shankly, Leeds Revie, Cov Hill. We took to Robins because he was becoming a hero and now we all hope Pressley will be. Time will tell.

covcity4life

not until we have some success

thats when you can laugh at odd player making fuck ups, but if rest of team is crap it just leads to more despair.

Users who are viewing this thread