Will we keep westwood? (1 Viewer)

hsccfc

According to some sites Coventry are in new contract talks with Keiren, this could be seen as good news but i think he will reject an offer and he will go in the summer. I think to keep him would be the best signing this year.

skyblueprincess

Soooo Have my fingers crossed he stays!!

SuperFred

Why would he want to stay? He could get into a premier league team so why would he stay in the championship with a team who don't look like they are going into the premier league soon?

It would be amazing if he would stay but I can't see it happening unfortunately :(

Another thing, if we do sell him it should be done quickly and not wait until the last minute so we can find a good replacement quickly

Nick

Administrator
I have read that he is interested in one but will Ranson agree? When is his contract up?

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
He may get in to a Premier League side but I doubt he would get many games. If anything he'd be brought in as a 2nd keeper and one for the future. If he stays here, he has already got the fans on his side, and he will play A LOT of football.

covsteve

So it is still another year anyway, I wonder if he will chance it and hope he has another great season?
Problem is if he rejects a new deal he will be sold as there is no way Ranson will let his contract run down and he leaves for nothing.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
It must be frustrating for him tho to be near the top 6 thinking we might do it and prob thinking to himself everton can piss off, then all of a sudden we drop straight back down the league knowing in the back of his mind a premier team wants him and does he want to be with a bottom hafl championship side for maybe season?

Stoppercurtis

Will Westwood Stay?

I think its a forgone conclusion that he will leave. Would you stay?

Its best that he is sold quickly so we have plenty of time to find a more than adequate replacement.

Stopper

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I think hes one of our best players to be honest his saves in alot of games have done more then the strikers goals imo.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Personally i think we will lose Westwood in the summer. To be honest no one is irreplaceable just some a lot harder to replace than others.

His approaching the club to open contract negotiations is a win win situation for him. If he gets a better contract he is laughing, but by making the approach he is alerting others that there may be an opportunity to obtain his services if RR doesnt match his aspirations. It says all the right things to the fans too, and places any "blame" for not keeping him on the shoulders of RR and the club. Quite a clever move by him I reckon.

I dont criticise him for doing it, he has got to be worth more than we are currently paying him. I can't blame if he does go for wanting to better himself either.

I do think this summer is make or break for him, ie signs extension or will move on. Unfortunately i think it will be the latter.

PUSB

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think its a forgone conclusion that he will leave. Would you stay?

Its best that he is sold quickly so we have plenty of time to find a more than adequate replacement.

Stopper

Have to agree with Stopper it is far better this is sorted out soon than it drags on through the summer or to next January

Oldskyblue58

CovInEssex

I'm actually going to ejaculate if he signs a new contract. He wants too, and we want too. Also i think RR knows he has to be more flexible with Westwood in terms of wages if he wants to keep him.

I do actually think we will though you know!

covsteve

I'm actually going to ejaculate if he signs a new contract. He wants too, and we want too. Also i think RR knows he has to be more flexible with Westwood in terms of wages if he wants to keep him.

I do actually think we will though you know!
Sounds promising especially as he wants to sign.

Sky Blue Luke

I'm actually going to ejaculate if he signs a new contract.

:D

Didn't think that he would be staying, but the latest news sounds promising...

Coventry's manager Chris Coleman said to the CT, of the talks and speculation surrounding Westwood, "I spoke with Keiren two weeks ago when he came to see me to talk about signing a new contract and he is very much up for that, which is great news for us. "

We spoke face to face in my office and then I spoke to the chairman afterwards and both parties seem excited about getting round the table and thrashing a deal out, and that's the best new for this club."

covsteve

Thats what worries me instead of showing ambition on the football side they only want to lengthen his deal so he cannot leave on the cheap

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I bloody hope he stays !!!
Nice long contract please Mr Westwood ! I would be gutted if he left to be quite honest.
We don't have much longer till we find out anyways.

Westwood has always said he does not want to leave and CC/RR only sell players that want to go (or are not good enough).
Imho, some of the big clubs are a little reluctant to buy him as a has a slight weakness with coming for crosses and his general communication with defenders - weaknesses that will probably not improve at his age

T

TrevorsathisPeake

At the end of the day hes going to say he wants a new contract,it keeps us fans on his side,deep down he knows that if a prem side comes in for him hes off.Id be gutted to lose him but if he brings in a good transfer fee then we can use that money to strengthen throughout.If it wasnt for him we would be going into these final games with a huge threat of relegation still.

Last edited by a moderator:

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Would a premier side even play him though ? most premier league teams are never willing to make the risk with the championship players. They sign them and then sub them because theyr too afraid to let them play at a higher level.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

No matter how good he is i think he would have to wait for his chance if he joins a prem club.But i think he would be prepared to do that if his wages are going to be massively more than they ever could be with us.

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
.But i think he would be prepared to do that if his wages are going to be massively more than they ever could be with us.

I understand the draw of the wages, I mean who would realistically turn down that kind of money?
But at the same time, as a footballer, surely the main aim is to play as much football as possible?

I can't see this happening for him if he was to go to a Premiership side as he'd more than likely be bought in as a 2nd, or even 3rd, goalkeeper.

I'd love for him to stay, as I dread to think where we'd have been without him this season!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

I understand the draw of the wages, I mean who would realistically turn down that kind of money?
But at the same time, as a footballer, surely the main aim is to play as much football as possible?

I can't see this happening for him if he was to go to a Premiership side as he'd more than likely be bought in as a 2nd, or even 3rd, goalkeeper.

I'd love for him to stay, as I dread to think where we'd have been without him this season!

I understand what your saying but if we offer him a 4 year deal and put him on say 7k a week,then a prem club offered him a 4 year deal but on 20k a week,theres sadly only gonna be one outcome,no matter how much he wants to play football.

Skybluerhys

I understand what your saying but if we offer him a 4 year deal and put him on say 7k a week,then a prem club offered him a 4 year deal but on 20k a week,theres sadly only gonna be one outcome,no matter how much he wants to play football.

This is very true
Same happend with Dann last season
We couldnt match the 19k wage of brum!

Swedlee72

Facebook User
I think so too. One more yr then he will go if we don't get in the prem. Would u like it if you were that good and you were in a league that is not as good as you are. He must be vry stressd at the moment as he love cov, but he knows he should be in goal for Arsenal as they do need him:p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread