Wimbledon 2011 (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Luke

Can't say I'm a massive fan of Tennis, but I do love watching all the grand slams :)

So, Wimbledon 2011 starting in just a few hours time, can Murray win it, will Murray win it and do you even want him to win it? :D

The defending male champion Rafael Nadal gets things underway on centre court at 1pm.

JCR1987

I will be supporting every player who plays against dull moody bottler Murray. Can't stand him. I don't go for the whole 'British' thing at Wimbledon anyway, but he doesn't want to be associated with being a brit anyway so I'm more than happy to loathe the useless jock tossbag.:jerkit:

Paxman II

I will be supporting every player who plays against dull moody bottler Murray. Can't stand him. I don't go for the whole 'British' thing at Wimbledon anyway, but he doesn't want to be associated with being a brit anyway so I'm more than happy to loathe the useless jock tossbag.:jerkit:

Where do you get your false information from?

Andy Murray can win it - no doubt about that. Just being in the company of the top four at the moment is a testament to the guys achievements. I'd rather he won than anyone else there so get patriotic for goodness sake.
As for knowing him...we don't know him so stop with so many assumptions.
he has beaten Nadal, Federer and Djokovic plenty of times and the inevitable will happen. Looking at the draw, could be his year.

I agree with JCR and as far as I'm aware everything in his post is factual. I can't stand the bloke and certainly don't start watching Tennis just because it's in this country instead of France. Still the same 4 guys winning everything no matter where in the world it is.

JCR1987

Where do you get your false information from?

Andy Murray can win it - no doubt about that. Just being in the company of the top four at the moment is a testament to the guys achievements. I'd rather he won than anyone else there so get patriotic for goodness sake.
As for knowing him...we don't know him so stop with so many assumptions.
he has beaten Nadal, Federer and Djokovic plenty of times and the inevitable will happen. Looking at the draw, could be his year.

To take a somewhat childish stance - he started it.

He's the one who said he'd be supporting anyone but England in the world cup - which I don't blame him for, as I'd say the same if Scotland were ever jaxy enough to qualify for a major event (which I doubt will happen in my lifetime)

Nothing changes just because this is Wimbledon. He's still Scottish - I still want most things Scottish to do crap at everything (except maybe the curling team in the winter Olympics). I'll still be behind every other Brit in the competition, just not him.

CovScott88

Murry certainly can win it, but he needs to be 100% on his A game all of the time. I have a feeling that Novak Djokovic will be this years Champion.

Walter Sobchak

To take a somewhat childish stance - he started it.

He's the one who said he'd be supporting anyone but England in the world cup - which I don't blame him for, as I'd say the same if Scotland were ever jaxy enough to qualify for a major event (which I doubt will happen in my lifetime)

Nothing changes just because this is Wimbledon. He's still Scottish - I still want most things Scottish to do crap at everything (except maybe the curling team in the winter Olympics). I'll still be behind every other Brit in the competition, just not him.

It makes me laugh. He's constantly hammered for being 'moody', but he has a bit of banter with a reporter and some people latch on to it like he's the anti-christ!

rob9872

Being moody doesn't bother me. He's a single minded athlete competing in an individual sport and despite his zero slam titles he is an excellent player.

However, I also want him to lose for the sole reason that he is a Scot. I want him to lose not out of malice but for sporting reasons. I have no affinity to Scotland in the same way I have no affinity to Wales, Ireland or France (which is only about the same distance away). I'm sure if you ask any proud Scotsman who he wants to win in a game of tidlly winks between England and anyone else he would almost always take the opponent and as a proud Englishman I'm no different. The imprtant thing to do though is to remember that it's sport, not war and no where to draw the line

The King of England has died without
a son, and the king of Scotland, a cruel pagan known as Andy the
Murray, claimed the throne for himself.
Europes nobles fought him, and fought each other, over the crown.
So Murray invited them to talks of truce.
These talks were called WIMBLEDON.
Let the talks descend into chaos and battle commence.
Only one true ruler can emerge and he will be our champion.

Disorganised1

I see Andy Cole is playing in the woman's half again.

Disorganised1

Was just watching a bit of Robson / Sharapova ~ the noise Sharapova was making was unbelievable - God knows what noise she makes in bed.

Paxman II

A very good Murray today. 4th round here we come. He looks difficult to beat and the big serving Croatian could not make it pay.
Murray's best match so far...

ccfc2011

stupid talk murray played rubbish he should be winning them type of games in 3 sets murray to win wimbledon
silly talk.

ccfc2011

Do you think murray will win wimbledon this year when hes plays nadal or federer in major
tournaments he always loses because he is a loser fact.

Users who are viewing this thread