Winter olympics (1 Viewer)

wingy

Well we're on the verge of this amazing spectacle .

Who else Is looking forward to the nightly extraviganza that Is Curling.:claping hands::facepalm::(

CJ_covblaze

Well we're on the verge of this amazing spectacle .

Who else Is looking forward to the nightly extraviganza that Is Curling.:claping hands::facepalm::(

Love the Winter Olympics more than any other multi sport event. Curling though is just sweeping and ironing isn't it?

SkyBlueHomer

Hopefully as the BBC has the coverage they will do it justice.

Be watching most of it especially skiing, bobsleigh. Cant be done with skating though
The tivo box is going to get very full, very quick I think

ajsccfc

Looking forward to the hockey, the climax of the tournament in Vancouver last time was magic. The games are going to be overshadowed by reports about how shit Russia is though.

Otis

Love the Winter Olympics more than any other multi sport event. Curling though is just sweeping and ironing isn't it?

Hopefully they will have Boxing on Ice and Stalactite Stabbing and Blind Slalom. I also think people should only be allowed to enter the Bobsleigh if their name is actually Bob.

Do all that and I'll watch.

CJ_covblaze

Looking forward to the hockey, the climax of the tournament in Vancouver last time was magic. The games are going to be overshadowed by reports about how shit Russia is though.

Had tickets for the Gold Medal game but couldn't make it in the end. Was gutted. One of the faces of Canada and world sport scoring in OT was a perfect ending. Oh well. Will just have to wait till we sign Sidney and we can then see him every week!

ajsccfc

That reminds me, is the bar at Skydome named Crosby's just a coincidence or a reference to him?

Otis

No, the owner was a big fan of the Bill Cosby show, but the signwriter he employed was a little inattentive to detail.

CJ_covblaze

That reminds me, is the bar at Skydome named Crosby's just a coincidence or a reference to him?

Yeah and I bet he doesn't have a clue either!

Otis

How arrogant can you get!!

I would most certainly know if a bar was named after me.

Tosser.

Tad

Enjoyed the snowboarding, luge, skiing, moguls and the ice hockey so far. The ice hockey has been great, nhl, khl players etc all playing nationally. Some really high tempo games too.

Bit annoyed by the bbc. Seem to be ignoring the hockey in favour of anything else really. They had three channels of curling yesterday and 2 of which were the same game. Meanwhile, Czech Republic vs Sweden was on. A game featuring a lot of star ice hockey players in a game that was bound to be good.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My missus is a curling champion. She can curl her lips in anger with the best of 'em! (And she curls her hair. Does this count?

CJ_covblaze

How arrogant can you get!!

I would most certainly know if a bar was named after me.

Tosser.

Tbf I don't know who you are away from this board (you might be Bobby Charlton for all I know) but it's understandable that one of the biggest names and most recognisable faces in world sport doesn't know about a pokey little bar in Coventry. Bet Becks, Bolt and Vettel don't sit there discussing who out of the Railway, Wallace and Aardvark serve the best pint!

mark82

Tbf I don't know who you are away from this board (you might be Bobby Charlton for all I know) but it's understandable that one of the biggest names and most recognisable faces in world sport doesn't know about a pokey little bar in Coventry. Bet Becks, Bolt and Vettel don't sit there discussing who out of the Railway, Wallace and Aardvark serve the best pint!

I sense Otis may have been employing sarcasm.

stupot07

Doesn't help the coverage has been pretty poor, when we had the Olympic here it was on around 15 channels rather than just bbc2 and the red button. I've watched the odd thing but it's not really captivated me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

mark82

I prefer some of the sports in the Winter Olympics to the summer ones. Is the problem that we are not very good at most the sports (apart from tea tray sliding and ice sweeping)?

Otis

I prefer some of the sports in the Winter Olympics to the summer ones. Is the problem that we are not very good at most the sports (apart from tea tray sliding and ice sweeping)?

You forgot 'Writing our names in the snow.' We'd get the gold for that.

ajsccfc

The problem is that we don't really have enough of a consistent summer or winter to compete (we need to go to ice rinks and snow slopes to practice, Swedes just have to go to the nearest hill. Probably)

An Autumn Olympics, we'd rule the roost at that. Guaranteed golds in Queueing In Drizzle Without Complaining, and Keeping An Umbrella The Right Way In Brisk Wind.

Otis

The problem is that we don't really have enough of a consistent summer or winter to compete (we need to go to ice rinks and snow slopes to practice, Swedes just have to go to the nearest hill. Probably)

An Autumn Olympics, we'd rule the roost at that. Guaranteed golds in Queueing In Drizzle Without Complaining, and Keeping An Umbrella The Right Way In Brisk Wind.

We don't have enough ice rinks and snow/ski slopes. We do have lots of muddy fields though.

With Sixfields in mind, maybe we could go for Bog Snorkelling.

Users who are viewing this thread