Workout app (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Can anybody recommend a decent app with workout plans?

Feel like I need an actual plan at the gym

shepardo01

Don't necessarily need an app.
I'm not a gym goer but have a little bit of basic knowledge regarding muscular strength and weight loss.

You need to burn calories (more than you consume- so you may need to look at what you are eating in terms of content that you find on boxes/packets etc) to lose the "chubb", so treadmill work, steady pace, long-ish stints...
Know your limits - aim for what you think you can do to start with, then each time after, push yourself a little more in terms of time.
Eg, 10 mins, next session 11 mins...

To build muscle, you need to think where you want to do it.
Then, use machines/weights to do this.

Same principle as above - what you CAN do first...find your limit - then you have to increase weights. To build muscle, you need to do lift heavy weights but with fewer reps.

Put yourself a little routine together.
Steady run;
Upper body area
Lower body area;
Upper body area;
Lower body area;
Repeat - increase weights.

That's the basic principle...

Sure some regular gym goers may add a bit here...

shepardo01

Yeah I get how it works cheers it's just having some structure else I end up just pissing about.
Does your gym not have a workout type card that you can use to track what you do?... you can write your routine down etc?
There must be an app out there though...like you say..

Nick

Administrator
Does your gym not have a workout type card that you can use to track what you do?... you can write your routine down etc?
There must be an app out there though...like you say..

Nah, need to get an actual workout plan sorted myself.

SBAndy

How do you tend to structure your sessions/week? How long do you want to train for and how often? Do you have a resistance:cardio split? Do you tend to concentrate on certain muscle groups each day? Anything else you do throughout the week that you need to be mobile for?

Lot of questions, but could draft something up if needs be.

Skybluefaz

Can anybody recommend a decent app with workout plans?

Feel like I need an actual plan at the gym
Hasfit. I'm just about to have a look at the app myself actually but I've followed some of their youtube routines at home and they seem to have a good variety of routines from beginner to advanced stuff.

Having checked it out it seems to be full of instructional videos. Maybe not what you are after.

Users who are viewing this thread