World record for leaving a game early? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Just wonder if anyone can top 14 mins?

Had free tickets for the NZ v Belarus game tonight and took my 8 year old. As the whistle blew upon kick off, I turned to her and asked her to et me know when she got bored.

"Now!" Came the reply. :facepalm: My own fault for asking the question.

On 10 mins we went down to the mall and on 14 mins we left the ground.

World record or not? (other than for emergency reasons of course).

Otis

Just dead. A lack of atmosphere. Stadium looked beautiful with all the flags and Olympic regalia etc, but there was no atmosphere. It was just like an exhibition match. I was a tad bored to be honest, but my little un was bored upon kick off.

Otis

Who's playing? Just seemed to me that there were loads of people who were there just because it was the Olympics and nothing to do with the football. Lots of polite clapping and families waving at each other. Would guess a fair few don't particularly like football that much to be honest. Just felt like it was a curio to some.

Mexico v Gabon 1430
S Korea v Switzerland 1715

I can inagine that being a bit irritating. Should have livened it up by unveiling a SISU out banner. Usually does the trick.

Otis

South Korea v Switzerland sounds like it could be a good game. Saw about 20-50 Belarus fans and about a dozen New Zealand fans and that was about it. You would think the Swiss and the Koreans would have stronger followings.

D

Deleted member 4232

Just got back from it. It was Olympic football, kinda like non-alcoholic beer, smells like beer, tastes like beer... but its just not beer.

D

Deleted member 4232

Who's playing? Just seemed to me that there were loads of people who were there just because it was the Olympics and nothing to do with the football. Lots of polite clapping and families waving at each other. Would guess a fair few don't particularly like football that much to be honest. Just felt like it was a curio to some.

That's exactly what Olympic football is. Would you expect a 'Football Factory'-esque derby? The security was as if they were expecting WW3... us kiwis ain't so bad!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Olympic football is just that! It's only good for a once-every-four-years tournament. Unlike the once-every-four-years World Cup where countries are represented by their best international teams! The Olympics are a joke! You only have to look at some of the so-called "sports" to see why......
Synchronised Drowning, Beach Volleyball, BMX Cycling, Mountain Bike Cycling, Girly Football, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Handball, Sailing, Ping-Pong, Water-polo.... need I go on? These aren't proper sports! They bloody hobbies and pastimes!

Last edited:

beduth

Olympics

Best game so far in tourney must be Sweden v South Africa , also the best goal with the SA girl chipping Swedish keeper from half way line .

South Korea v Switzerland sounds like it could be a good game. Saw about 20-50 Belarus fans and about a dozen New Zealand fans and that was about it. You would think the Swiss and the Koreans would have stronger followings.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Mexicans the most actually. They've usually got a bit of flair about them and play good football.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
And as for the shooting events!!! ..... I've been training my cats!!

catslasers2.gif

pusbccfc

Had a great night tonight! Say in block 27 between a handful of getting vocal NZ and Belarus following. Great banter and was good to join in with the celebrations. Spotted a family of Burnley fans, fair few Leicester, 2 ipswich Town fans, couple of west Bromwich and. Villa.
Good laugh and nice to see Some international football.
Also liked the look of the NZ midfield!

ccfctommy

In response to earliest I have ever left a game - Everton at home 2001. We were three nil down after about 25 minutes. About 30-35 minutes have passed when my dad had enough and left and dragged me out with him!

Otis

Oh boy do I recall that game.

I remember masses of people just getting up and leaving.

Think I stayed until about 20 mins from the end. We were completely clueless that game and just showed nothing at all.

Users who are viewing this thread