Worst city chant ever? (1 Viewer)

ccfc1973

the worst city chant i ever heard was "boom boom boom let me hear you say lamptey,lamptey"
i used to cringe when i heard that :facepalm:

pusbccfc

LastGarrison

"We havte Villa more than you". To the bluenoses. Pathetic.

"Easy easy easy". Utter cringe fest.

And although not strictly a chant the slow hand clap and the Mexican wave both get my goat BIG time.

Sky Blue M

Yeah agree, its alright when we play leicester for the banter, but why last night...

Agree with this, sing it against Leicester but cant really work out why we do it to random teams.

Not really a fan of this "how shit must you be we're drawing/winning at home" or "we're shit and we're beating you". Just doesnt really class as support to me.

WillieStanley

Agree with this, sing it against Leicester but cant really work out why we do it to random teams.

Not really a fan of this "how shit must you be we're drawing/winning at home" or "we're shit and we're beating you". Just doesnt really class as support to me.

"Its only 2-0" was pretty funny though.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
"Go for it, Go for it City!" I know it was released as a single for the FA Cup in 87, but I absolutely HATED it and still do!

Brighton Sky Blue

Just a bit of harmless gallows humour-since we haven't won a competitive away fixture since last March, it's not wholly unjustified ;)

tippex9

Just can't get enough!!! Garbage, hated it back then, hate it now! Plus it's a Celtic song and I truly dislike Scottish football.

Walking Bird

Any song that meant i didn't have to hear another boring rendition of "Marching on together" was fine by me!
That song & Blowing bubbles piss me right off.

Sky Blue M

I havent been to an away game. I mean when it was sung last night and against middlesbrough. I get that its supposed to be humorous but I think it was sung to often last night.

Brighton Sky Blue

I havent been to an away game. I mean when it was sung last night and against middlesbrough. I get that its supposed to be humorous but I think it was sung to often last night.

Ah, didn't realise it was being sung at home games-then yes, I'd agree with you there.

Spence CCFC

'We love you' is the worst chant of all time and that cretin at the top of block 15 (you know who you are) constantly tries to start it. If you want to sing that fuck off to watch Palace.

LastGarrison

Any song that meant i didn't have to hear another boring rendition of "Marching on together" was fine by me!
That song & Blowing bubbles piss me right off.

I've always quite liked Marchin On. Norwich's "On The Ball City" has to be the worst!

Have to say the first time I heard 4000 Chelsea do "1 man went to mow...." at HR when they all stand up collectively on 10 men was pretty fucking good as well.

MatthewWallis

Anyone else cringe when they play that 'Oggy, Oggy, Oggy, Save, Save, Save' advert at half time

CovfanDan

I've always quite liked Marchin On. Norwich's "On The Ball City" has to be the worst!

Have to say the first time I heard 4000 Chelsea do "1 man went to mow...." at HR when they all stand up collectively on 10 men was pretty fucking good as well.

Know what you mean mate, i remember watching from the West terrace and heard them on about mowing a bloody meadow for ages, thought nothing of it then BOOM, all stood up for the last bit.

LastGarrison

Know what you mean mate, i remember watching from the West terrace and heard them on about mowing a bloody meadow for ages, thought nothing of it then BOOM, all stood up for the last bit.

It is quality. Just a shame it takes so fucking long to get there!! :D

curlyc_

City till i die. hate it.
We never sang it before Bradford were in the premier league and they sang it at highfield rd.
We sang it the next season and got relegated.
And i know there were other contributing factors to our relegation like oggy retiring, macca and keane not been replaced etc etc but to this day i'm still covinced that song played a big part in it. It is an endsleigh league/nationwide league teams song. Now we're stuck with it...:facepalm:
and i've never sang it......

Real

Our 1st game in this division after relegation. Stockport away, behind the goal the city fans were massed and after we went 2-0 ahead against a crap Stockport team who were relegated that same season, the arrogance of Coventry fans came through: "we're all going on a Nationwide tour, Nationwide tour, Nationwide tour".

It was a if we were going to walk the league because we'd been in the top flight for 34years. It was an arrogant and misplaced belief, and one I think of whenever we have struggled since.

ccfctommy

I know, summed it up when Sky did an advert with various fans singing it.

Just a fad and will die off.

SkyBluePryce

Not a city song, But i really hate leeds' song. There's just something about it that makes me get a little bit angry each time i hear it.

Walking Bird

Respect to the Norwich fans for singing a song that includes the words "Scrimmage", "Bravo win or die" or "Hurrah" :facepalm:

Changeyourface

Yeah agree, its alright when we play leicester for the banter, but why last night...

Probably even worse when sang against Leicester, why would you sing a song to "our rivals" that makes us look like uneducated wankers who can't get a grip of the English language, plus it gives them an easy reason to laugh and take the piss out of us. Other contenders would be the celtic pop song, any plastic ultra chant e.g "we love you" and Carnival de Paris straight after we score, every time, so predictable and cringey.

Mr pot

that fucking mums your dad... especially because they sing inter bred which is pro selective breeding and not inbred which is what it should be.

that fucking mums your dad... especially because they sing inter bred which is pro selective breeding and not inbred which is what it should be.

I'm not a fan of the song but I don't get all the analysis of the lyrics ? What next.....

• Marlon King is not a wanker because we have no proof he masturbates

We can't sing Shit on the villa because it doesn't actually make logical sense like calling someone an inbred

We can't sing PUSB because we won't "never lose"

I just think unless it's racist or of a similar extreme level there's no need to get on a high horse and say it's cringeworthy,

i'm not defending the song , i'm just giving my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread