Would a new regime stick with the manager ? (1 Viewer)

Jarvo

Some questions.

1) Will we be at the Ricoh next Season?
2) Will Pressley be manager?
3) Will SISU still be here?
4) Will there be a train station? (See 1)
5) Will the away kit be yellow?

rupert_bear

Pressley cannot be judged on what is happening presently. He has lost his main striker and best player, Leon Clarke, he has also lost his most experienced and best defender in Richard Wood, he has been without left back Blair Adams, lost Blairs loan replacement and been unable to bring any new blood in yet has won three, drew two out of seven games, okay we got mullard at Walsall but only had 10 men for half the game. As for those saying he was only at Falkirk Sir Alex was only at St.Mrren and Aberdeen. Has to be given a decent chance but he has to deliver decent football and a winning team. I always judge managers on who they sign, what type of player they sign and how they react when results aren't going to well.

Last edited:

torchomatic

I hope they would stick with Pressley. I like him.

As for Dowie. He was crap. He bought crap players too.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He's had tough circumstances with his best players out, he deserves a chance but I wouldn't be angry were he to be replaced

WillieStanley

Given his youth policy, I'd say he is really quite important for Coventry, not just as a club, but as a City. For years our local talant has been over looked and its only in recent times that we've had real success with our youth. That has got to be down to the club. There must have been countless Coventrians since the 60's who were good enough to make it as a pro but were overlooked by the sky blues. I'm glad we've been putting that right and I believe that Pressley is the man to take it forward from the great stage it's already at now. It does mean that we as fans will have to be patient with him and the first team, but the end product will always be worth it in the end!!

psgm1

Banned
How much time do you believe Pressley would need?

Even after 1 1/3 season people were STILL trying to suggest Andy Thorn needed more time!

Yet by the same token a lot of people who said Thorn hadn't enough time were saying after 3-5 games Carsley wasn't good enough!

Either you CAN decide after a few games or you can't - but you CANNOT have it both ways!

Certainly after 5 games, you can tell if a manager simply sticks with a particular formation (Pressley / Robins) or is prepared to mix it up depending on opposition (Carsley).

In the long run, its fine tostick to a specific formation only if that formation suits the players are available.

Problem is Elvis seems to be trying to get the team to play to a specific formation that just doesn't suit the squad. To me that just shows a fundamental lack of tactical nounce. This will in the long run hurt the team.

Users who are viewing this thread