Match Thread Wycombe v Coventry Match Thread - Wednesday 9th Nov (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Wycombe v Coventry match, tactics and predictions :)

Oz Howie

Likely to be plenty of sore bodies after Morecombe's cloggers and important league game on Saturday. I would like to see at least Stevenson rested.

CJ_covblaze

Due to the stupid rules in this farce of a competition we need to play most of those that played in the last game. Not sure if it's the league or FAC game that counts towards that. Dead rubber so as long as there's no injuries, happy days.

clint van damme

Due to the stupid rules in this farce of a competition we need to play most of those that played in the last game. Not sure if it's the league or FAC game that counts towards that. Dead rubber so as long as there's no injuries, happy days.

do you know how many you're allowed to change before infringing the rules?

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

As I understand it, need to be 5 players who started the last league game in the starting XI (FA cup doesn't count). So 5 of:

Burge
Sterry
Willis
Turnbull
Page
Bigirimana
Stevenson
Jones
Agyei
Reid
Tudgay

I'd quite like to win as it means we top the group and get a home tie vs. a 2nd placed team next round, but resting players who've played a lot or who may have knocks should take priority (Willis, Stevenson, Rose etc).

robbiekeane

As I understand it, need to be 5 players who started the last league game in the starting XI (FA cup doesn't count). So 5 of:

Burge
Sterry
Willis
Turnbull
Page
Bigirimana
Stevenson
Jones
Agyei
Reid
Tudgay

I'd quite like to win as it means we top the group and get a home tie vs. a 2nd placed team next round, but resting players who've played a lot or who may have knocks should take priority (Willis, Stevenson, Rose etc).
How these rules were allowed to stand when we are quite literally playing reserve teams from the premier league is an absolute farce

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Burge
Sterry
Willis
Turnbull
Page
Bigirimana
Stevenson
Jones
Agyei
Reid
Tudgay

Willis, Turnbull & Stevenson I would deffo rest.

Possibly Sterry.

stupot07

Isn't it 5 who either started the last league game, or start the next game or the top x amount of seasons appearances.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gint11

I want us to win this one to top the group but I think i'd rather see Venus rest as many as he can within the rules in order to have fresh faces for what is a big game against the league leaders on Saturday. Win that one and I tell you what, our wheels are in motion!

Paxman II

This will be lucky to attract 1000 supporters. I hope they win at a canter and get the subs on quick. The league is what we need to concentrate on.

North York’s Blue

This will be lucky to attract 1000 supporters. I hope they win at a canter and get the subs on quick. The league is what we need to concentrate on.
I went to the Wycombe v West Ham u23s, just over a thousand there, 130 from West Ham so you'll probably be right; not sure how many we've sold in advance

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Sat here thinking 'I don't recall having an email to say I'd got my ticket through the auto cup scheme for home games'. BECAUSE ITS AWAY YOU TIT!!

And I do actually have tickets!

I was also thinking (yesterday) that perhaps we introduced Maycock and McBean yesterday so they had an appearance in the 'last' game to allow for them to start tomorrow and not be counted as two of the changes?

I'd certainly start McBean. He changed our shape and looked to have decent movement, something Wright and Agyei are yet to show they have.

Little concerned that we will however see Tudgay get the nod.

Again, if the rules are 'players from the last league game', he'd be covered to play.

skyblueelephant76

The player selection rules are:

A Club must include in its starting line-up at least 5 out of the 11 players who started the Club fixture immediately preceding or following the relevant EFL Trophy fixture

or

include at least five out of 11 players who have made the most starting appearances in League and domestic Cup competitions during that season.

The two tests are mutually exclusive. A Club may not apply both parts of the rule together e.g three players from the immediately preceding or following club fixture plus three players with the most appearances.

oucho

I went to the Wycombe v West Ham u23s, just over a thousand there, 130 from West Ham so you'll probably be right; not sure how many we've sold in advance

Anyone else going? I'll be there!

Terry Gibson's perm

Sat here thinking 'I don't recall having an email to say I'd got my ticket through the auto cup scheme for home games'. BECAUSE ITS AWAY YOU TIT!!

And I do actually have tickets!

I was also thinking (yesterday) that perhaps we introduced Maycock and McBean yesterday so they had an appearance in the 'last' game to allow for them to start tomorrow and not be counted as two of the changes?

I'd certainly start McBean. He changed our shape and looked to have decent movement, something Wright and Agyei are yet to show they have.

Little concerned that we will however see Tudgay get the nod.

Again, if the rules are 'players from the last league game', he'd be covered to play.

I would start Tudgay and play him all game so he is to tired to play for the rest of the month.

shmmeee

I'd go with:

RCC
Sterry Willis Harries Page
Rose Bigi Stevenson
Thomas McBean Lamerias

I think that's 5 of our top 11 appearances.

Gazolba

I don't know much about Wycombe Wanderers except I like their name and they always have one of the best strips.
Definitely want to see RCC in goal and McBean up front.

oucho

There will be a few CCFC fans in the Hour Glass & Sands pub, about 15 mins walk from the ground - this is at the opposite (town end) of the Sands industrial estate from the ground.

no_loyalty

I thought all of the U21 teams in the Checkatrade Trophy, had to play all their group games away from home in the first round?

chiefdave

I thought all of the U21 teams in the Checkatrade Trophy, had to play all their group games away from home in the first round?
Wasn't it just West Ham that decided to do that. Presumably because it would be expensive to use their stadium. Obviously the same for us but we're not a big important PL team who can do whatever we like.

no_loyalty

Wasn't it just West Ham that decided to do that. Presumably because it would be expensive to use their stadium. Obviously the same for us but we're not a big important PL team who can do whatever we like.

Yes that makes sense as they are the only U21 team playing away tonight.

Terry Gibson's perm

The future looks bright nearly all the under 23 teams have been knocked out.

Users who are viewing this thread