Xbox 360 Game - Scratch Repair (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
It looks as if a couple of my Xbox games have been scratched by the console (lines around the outside) and one won't work.

Is there anywhere in Coventry that will fix them or does anybody know any good tips to fix them?

CovKingChris

Facebook User
I use toothpaste. If you get a small amount on the disk and rub it in with a smooth, clean cloth in to the scratch it should cover it. It worked for me about 3 or 4 times, that's all I've tried it.

Marty

Take a trip to Blockbusters, they have a machine that cleans the discs, cost only £1 each but they come out looking brand new and they will work again.

Nick

Administrator
It sounds as if the disc drive is faulty? The laser head should never under any circumstances make contact with the disc surface.

I think it is more than likely my Xbox was moved while it was on. :( My own fault really but every other game is OK and this one has barely been played on so I would have thought the hardcore played ones would have been damaged!

Marty

Yeah it is one of those :( I read that T cut could help but I might just take it into Blockbuster or Game as I think they do them :)

It can be repaired but only by getting the disc resurfaced, Blockbusters at tile hill has one and I would of thought most video game shops have them as well, takes 2 minutes and comes out like a brand new disc. I've had it done myself so it does work.

Nick

Administrator
Is it costly? I think Game said it was a few quid.

I went past Tile Hill earlier, shoulda took it in :(

Rich

Some games can be replaced by Microsoft. Check the website out and type in scratched disc. You should get some positive results.

Il Pirata

Microsoft are stars, they made a console that scratches your discs if the console is moved or nudged whilst playing, and then charge you for replacing the game. The newer consoles don't do it, they have a buffer, but I've got two original-gen Xboxes and luckily have only had the misfortune of ruining one game with this method.

If possible you should save your newer/favourite games to the HD because of this.

Users who are viewing this thread