Xtc (1 Viewer)

King of the Lesbians

A few people have mentioned this bunch recently so just heads up that Andy Partridge in on Mark Radcliffes Radio 6 show tomorrow from 1pm banging on about his book and shit...

Sky_Blue_Daz

He was on with Iain lee Friday night
You can get the iPod on iTunes

bringbackrattles

I liked XTC and got talking about them with a fellow music fan,but we couldn't agree if they were a pop group or a rock band ? I'm listening to Alice Cooper at the moment on Planet Rock and he's just played Jet by Wings.Which surprised me as I'd say that was pop ?

Otis

I liked XTC and got talking about them with a fellow music fan,but we couldn't agree if they were a pop group or a rock band ? I'm listening to Alice Cooper at the moment on Planet Rock and he's just played Jet by Wings.Which surprised me as I'd say that was pop ?
It is, I would say.

Hard to categorise XTC. They were part of the new wave/punk movement.

A lot of their songs are pop, but they could also be avant garde and very alternative too.

Very hard to pigeon hole stuff at times.

bringbackrattles

It is, I would say.

Hard to categorise XTC. They were part of the new wave/punk movement.

A lot of their songs are pop, but they could also be avant garde and very alternative too.

Very hard to pigeon hole stuff at times.
Alice Cooper is being mischievous on his radio show because he is constantly saying such and such a band isn't rock,and then playing a pop record.He says the Police aren't a rock band but he's just been playing one of their hits. Like you say it's not easy putting certain bands or acts into a genre,as many are a mixture of rock,pop,soul,etc.

J

Jack Griffin

Did you know Colin Moulding, XTC's bassist, wrote Making Plans for Nigel & Generals and Majors, not Andy Partridge.

Users who are viewing this thread