YAK (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Did Yakubu take pies and crisps with him on his way out ? A nice leaving present !

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I think Slade has to take the blame for this signing. He had two weeks to assess Yakubu - and he decided he was the man for him! The signing smacked of desperation and although I don't think he was on a bomb, we can't afford to waste a penny.

Forgetting his age and ability, he didn't look fit at all. Needed 3/4 months to get fit - time we didn't have..

duffer

Now I see the funny side of your avatar, duffer, as I always thought it was of you!

Ah, I'm not that good looking, nowhere near in fact - but I did have some sunglasses a bit like that! And I have at least played at Highfield Road (once, and I had to pay for the privilege). :)

Reactions: vow

cloughie

so they gave yak a box with his family, that could gone towards paying for the 87 team to go, also same with fishers seat

oucho

Ghadzev has never been given a run of games. He's a Bulgarian international. Should probably be playing at a higher level.

Please can you confirm that you are not legally allowed to vote or use electrical/industrial equipment on an unsupervised basis?

Gaz71

He was sat behind me in a box all his kids had city shirts on wanted to look if he jumped up when we scored but forgot in my madness.

If it is that easy to get rid of players we should have treated Turd the same and maybe he would did off as well.

Who is Turd ?

AlansEyes

I'm almost certain I saw someone on Sunday wearing a Yakubu shirt, which makes my Isaias and Cobi Jones choices in the 90s look positively inspired.
To be fair Isaias looked absolute quality in the two or three games he played, or at least that's how I've chosen to remember him. Didn't he get bombed out after a blazing row with Strachan? There's a sliding doors moment, what if we had got rid of Strachan instead? Would Isaias have pulled the strings on us signing a wave of future Brazilian stars? And more importantly, would it have spared us from Paul Telfer and Paul Williams becoming Premier League mainstays? Would we have ever dipped our toe into the lucrative Honduran transfer market? So many questions, I need a lie down.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I think SU have come close to promotion a few times - didn't they lose in the play off final to Huddersfield? Think they've finished in top 6 in the last year or two as well...

Either way, they've been consistently pushing for promotion, other than last year, we've been at the other end of the table BUT they've spent a fair bit of money to be in that position.

Off the top of my head, while in League 1: Ched Evans cost 3 million, Billy Sharp cost 1 million, Clarke cost a fee, Fleck's on championship wages - we've spent nothing like that and as that snake keeps saying, we don't generate any money other than from
Player Sales, and £72k in matchday revenues per season. Lol.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I think SU have come close to promotion a few times - didn't they lose in the play off final to Huddersfield? Think they've finished in top 6 in the last year or two as well...

Either way, they've been consistently pushing for promotion, other than last year, we've been at the other end of the table BUT they've spent a fair bit of money to be in that position.

Off the top of my head, while in League 1: Ched Evans cost 3 million, Billy Sharp cost 1 million, Clarke cost a fee, Fleck's on championship wages - we've spent nothing like that and as that snake keeps saying, we don't generate any money other than from
Player Sales, and £72k in matchday revenues per season. Lol.

Oh and they're 50:50 owned by a Saudi Prince and McCabe - a SU fan. Fisher and Sepalla are hardly an even comparison...

stevefloyd

Ched Evans was 3 million plus possible add ons, Billy Sharp was around 2 million, That would keep us going for another 3 years or more

Users who are viewing this thread