Yakubu's fitness... (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

....lets face it he needs a fair bit of match practise after Gillingham. Actually he probably needs a pie.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

We've needed a big target to close out games who we can boot it to and he can hold the dam thing up couldn't care less about his fitness getting him on in a winning situation will win us points this season

CovisGod

To be fair, even if he's been brought in to give the players a morale boost and he hardly plays but we pick up I don't care,

Slade said what an influence he's had already on the younger lads, if he comes in and sits on the bench every week but we win I really couldn't care less about his fitness.

Would love him to score 20 goals in the next 14 games but if I'm honest I think we'll only be seeing him making substitute appearances for the foreseeable future

CJ_covblaze

He moved around a lot more today than he did on Tuesday.

CJ_covblaze

Fuck me he must have been static on Tuesday.

There was a 3 minute period where he took several steps but didn't venture out of a circle measuring approximately 4 yards across

Astute

When he came on it was if we had gone down to 10 men.
With Jones lack of defensive chasing it was effectively down to 9.
But they wouldn't go on full attack like we are used to as they have to keep him well marked.

rupert_bear

He's no different to that big Wycombe bloke. They play the ball acurstely to his feet and play off him. Yukubu's first touch looks good so if we do the same Kwame and George Thomas should do well alongside him

scubasteve

Just lump it to him in the area and hope he hits the target he clearly can't run much. In all honesty, a few of us today couldn't decide if he is fat or just a beast like akinfenwa. Though he did have a few nice touches.

CovBurty

As I've said before. Good for strikers to have a mentor, not just ex div1 Tudgay. Is short time at club will rub off on kids. In a good way obviously. And make Tudgay work more if he is worried that the Yak will start over him in shit cup final. All good then ain't it?

thekidfromstrettoncamp

One thing if the balls played up to his feet lets see the big C B try pushing him around just get the two young Thomas's running of his flicks. Christ he looks as unfit as me and I am over 70

Rodders1

I was sceptical when we signed him. Thought yesterday his little cameo was actually good. Couple of nice touches and he definitely knows what he needs to do. He holds the ball up and lays it off well.

He's only gonna be useful for the last 30 mins of a game though!

KG7

He creates three chances and was involved in another in twenty mins. We have gone games without doing this this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

He creates three chances and was involved in another in twenty mins. We have gone games without doing this this season

To add balance, Gillingham were chasing the game and overcommitting players affording him a lot more space than he would normally get. They were also abysmal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

KG7

To add balance, Gillingham were chasing the game and overcommitting players affording him a lot more space than he would normally get. They were also abysmal.

Yep totally true but I think he showed in his 20 minutes yesterday that he has a calmness and a vision that no-one else in our team (apart from Stevenson) has demonstrated.

If we can get the ball to his feet and get quick players around him then he will be a valuable asset from 70 mins plus

Otis

Yep totally true but I think he showed in his 20 minutes yesterday that he has a calmness and a vision that no-one else in our team (apart from Stevenson) has demonstrated.

If we can get the ball to his feet and get quick players around him then he will be a valuable asset for about 7 mins.

Agree, but had to edit your post slightly. ;)

clint van damme

I never realised watching a striker actually hold the ball up could give me such a warm feeling inside.

st john

Yes and that's been our weak point in several games, not being able to punish teams who over commit near the end.

Users who are viewing this thread